Aspire BDC coil heads bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

pawsrb

Dec 26, 2013
lehigh acres, fl
Trying out the Aspire ETS BDC device on a Kanger Evod VV device as my luck with my Mini Protank II was eating up kanger coils in days. Wanted to be able to increase voltage without burning taste. While the Aspire heads allow this they taste really bad at start. I tried switching to a 2nd head and yes I rinsed with hot water and allowed it to dry and did the primer puff thing and the taste got better but that weird off taste is still lingering ever so slightly. Should I keep trying different heads? Does anyone else have the same problem? I am using 50/50 12mg Fire and Ice juice from Zeus. Comments or suggestions. Thanks:unsure:

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
Hey paws, I don't want to discourage you in any way but yes I've had the same problem with the ETS and I hate to say but you're probably going to continue to have the same problem. You may go thru 3 or 4 heads before you find one that works good. When I first tried the ETS I guess it had a pretty good coil in it because it worked great. But after about a week or so I had to change heads. Probably went thru two five packs of heads and maybe had a couple that performed really well. Needless to say I just gave up. All the rave now is the Nautilus. I haven't tried it yet but I guess I will before I completely give up on bottom and bottom duel coil set ups. My wife uses iclear 16's and I rarely have any problems with them. I just keep them filled up and she's happy. I use advanced tanks and drippers mostly but that's a whole different animal. Anyway just thought I would chime in with that and wish you the best. This is just the nature of the beast. Just keep looking for that perfect vape!

smyth

Jan 7, 2009
Brick, NJ
I'm having the exact same problem with the Aspire BDC, not the exact same thing but i think they use the same coil heads (though not 100%) I'm going to try and go nuts cleaning it after work, if that doesn't work though I'm just probably going to cut my losses on it and keep using the clearos I have till I get something that works for me. It isn't worth the hassle, waste of juice and nasty taste in my mouth, not to mention that a 5 pack of coil heads is almost the same price as the tank system itself (which isn't bad unless you only get 1 or 2 good ones from each pack). If it works I'll post what I did (but even then take it with a grain of salt as it seems to work for some and not for others anyway from what I've read,) if anyone has a recommendation (aside from playing 5 pack coil head roulette) please let me know :laugh:

Kyle

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
In the slower lower ... Delaware
Last pack I got 2 were good 2 tasted like oil and burnt rubber 5th was doa. Hence tank is retired. I've made more expensive mistakes in vaping. Chalked this one up to a learning experience. No biggy I'll wait and see if the problem gets corrected. Kinda like steeping a bad juice. I've washed them, left them in vodka over night and for more than a day. I even tried to dry burn them. Washing did nothing vodka only tarnished the finish dry burn did not help.

Last edited:

smyth

Jan 7, 2009
Brick, NJ
I'm actually really close to writing it off without even cleaning it, whole afternoon my mouth tastes like when you light the filter of an analog accidentally. I will probably give it a clean and one more shot and then call it if that doesn't help, even if it does though i'll probably retire it once it needs a new coilhead anyway, 50/50 or worse doesn't sound appealing when buying coils.

Thanks for your experience though,
Kyle

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
I usually only vape rbt rba but sometimes something pops up and you have to go in a hurry. I figured it would be easy enough to grab a charged ego c and a tank jump in the car and go. I don't take my mods out that often and don't want to drip and drive. So it's a fail on this one. I only bought it for these type of events. I'm sure down the line they will fix these problems but it will gather dust until then.

smyth

Jan 7, 2009
Brick, NJ
'm sure down the line they will fix these problems but it will gather dust until then.

Are these BDC's new to them do you know? If so I'd give them another shot down the road if I hear there is a fix, if they have made them for a while though I probably won't bother paying attention enough to know if they fix them or not.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
Are these BDC's new to them do you know? If so I'd give them another shot down the road if I hear there is a fix, if they have made them for a while though I probably won't bother paying attention enough to know if they fix them or not.

There's lots of smart people in these forums, I'm guessing if they don't fix them someone here will figure a way to :). They aren't really new maybe 3-4 months they have been out. I bought mine about 2 months ago and haven't used it in at least a month or so. Don't toss out the tank there may be another manufacture that gets the coil right. :2c: Good luck with yours.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
Hehe 3-4 months in vape tech on coils is still letting the public test for the problems. Like Microsoft does, let people find the bugs, security risk and keep sending update pkg.. I digress, when the bdc has a good coil its a awesome vape. I just don't want to bother with 3 duds for every 2 good ones. At that rate they are over 5 bucks a coil. Really!!

JTrain23

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Lubbock, TX, USA
I started using Aspire ET-S (Pyrex) and ET (plastic) about a month ago. I liked them so much I bought 11 of them. So far I've only changed the coil in 2 of them and have had zero problems. I get the ET-S for $9 and ET for $7 locally. 5 coils for $8. I have tried several tanks and it is BY FAR my all around favorite. I had the same issues y'all are having with every Kanger tank I tried.

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
I started using Aspire ET-S (Pyrex) and ET (plastic) about a month ago. I liked them so much I bought 11 of them. So far I've only changed the coil in 2 of them and have had zero problems. I get the ET-S for $9 and ET for $7 locally. 5 coils for $8. I have tried several tanks and it is BY FAR my all around favorite. I had the same issues y'all are having with every Kanger tank I tried.

Sweet deal. Repost when you get through the 5 pack. I'm interested to know if you get 5 good ones. If you do go play the lottery ;)

JTrain23

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Lubbock, TX, USA
Sweet deal. Repost when you get through the 5 pack. I'm interested to know if you get 5 good ones. If you do go play the lottery ;)

I have turned quite a few of my friends on to them and I have not heard a single complaint. My local vape shop (180 Vape) can't keep them on the shelves.

swhite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2012
connecticut
Thought I would jump in on this discussion since I have been using the aspire bdc's for several months now and have had no problems with the coil heads either in performance or taste, in fact I got the aspire nautilus tank and love it too. I am really hoping that this is just a bad batch (small I hope) and not a bigger problem. I have only gone through a 5 pack and was able to clean them in alcohol and they are giving me a little more use until I get some more ordered. I was wondering where you guys ordered your heads from?

Maybe someone else will know if there is a problem. Why don't you make another post and for your title put something like "anyone else getting bad aspire bdc coil heads". That might help.

I know how it is to spend money on something that everyone says is great only to have problems. I have been vaping for 2 years and have had some disappointments myself. I just hope that you give them a try again sometime, unless something better comes out, which seems to happen a lot lately!

Legolas

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2014
Well I got 7 heads total 2 came with the bdc and I bought a pack of 5. I wrote off the ones that came with the tank...new tank machine oil etc. one of them was fine the other was trash (bad taste). When I got mine it was 2 months ago give or take a week. If I've built my coils and have a issue it's my fault however if I buy a coil, which is rare, I wasted my money. I wouldn't be so hard on this if I could have rebuilt them but to throw away over half a purchase makes me grumpy. It also left a bad taste in my mouth figuratively and literally. I haven't bought anymore and won't until I see no more complaints. I like the repost idea. I may do that down the line. I'm happy to see people posting good things about them. It's nice to see it may have been corrected. Ty

joecil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Russell Springs, Kentucky
I just ordered a 5 pack from Kidney Puncher this week as I've been using the two that came with it for 6 weeks now but still going strong. I also have had no problem with any of the Aspire heads other than one I screwed up a seal ring on. Still a good head just won't seal but still used in an Aspire Vivi Nova for about a month. I'm actually getting on average about 2 months use and I've been using Aspire almost exclusive now since about Nov. of last year.

Markus765

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
Nipomo, Ca
I don't have much experience yet, but I bought an Aspire BDC & a Kanger T3S, and I found the Kanger draws easier & you get more air, & the Aspire works best at lower levels on my Spinner. I won't complaine about either, and any of you that feel like tossing either of them, PM me & I'll take them off of your hands for you. :)

usr/

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2013
N. Alabama
Thought I would jump in on this discussion since I have been using the aspire bdc's for several months now and have had no problems with the coil heads either in performance or taste, in fact I got the aspire nautilus tank and love it too. I am really hoping that this is just a bad batch (small I hope) and not a bigger problem. I have only gone through a 5 pack and was able to clean them in alcohol and they are giving me a little more use until I get some more ordered. I was wondering where you guys ordered your heads from?

Maybe someone else will know if there is a problem. Why don't you make another post and for your title put something like "anyone else getting bad aspire bdc coil heads". That might help.

I know how it is to spend money on something that everyone says is great only to have problems. I have been vaping for 2 years and have had some disappointments myself. I just hope that you give them a try again sometime, unless something better comes out, which seems to happen a lot lately!

The heads I ordered were from an online shop, one of my go to places and they were labeled aspire, looked authentic enough. But who knows where some of this stuff comes from. I may check with my local B&M guy and get some more and try again. Maybe was a bad lot. I hope because I really like this tank and the way it performed when it was working good. Looks good, good flavor and vape. Will try the Nautilus also.

Djplato

ECF Veteran
I bought a 5 pack and i keep them in rotation. Takes some maintaining but you could try boiling them for about 10 minutes. Let them dry for a bit then dry burn em to finish. I try to keep one drying and ready to go,

I really like this tank so the extra work to keep the heads working perfect are really worth it to me,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread