Aspire BDC coil heads bad taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard / tried the new BVC for nautilus ? It seems to solve the issues from those BDC...

I haven't bought the nautilus yet bc of these res issues but if they fixed it, I my reconsider ;-)

I've also heard good things about the BVC heads but I think at this point, being continuously dissapointed with clearo tanks, I might just jump straight to rebuildable tanks like the Kayfun or Russian. I'd drip but in my line of work its not convenient enough to carry a juice bottle around with me. Kanthal with organic cotton for wicking seems to be the best option for best flavour and most vapour

*I* have not had problems with my aspire nautilus heads, my kanger PT-II mini heads, or my smok heads (same as the kanger, have even used the other when out of one)

My wife has had some taste problems with her Aspire BDC, sometimes those were solved by an overnight soak in alcohol followed by a good thorough drying so far.

She has also had some user error issues with the BDC heads before we drilled the holes out a little bit for her, a bit more airflow seems to have solved those issues completely. If it helps anyone else I used #60 bit after deciding the holes were #62 (no clue what size that is, can get my calipers out and measure if that helps anyone_.

Wdugan

Aug 6, 2014
Howell, NJ, USA
I posted this eArlyer today still working level of juice still high though so the jury is still out

cure for burning taste on aspire et-s bdc coil
Hi this is my first post just joined 2 days ago and was looking for a cure to burning taste for my aspire et-s bdc clearomiser, would imagine for all the aspire line that uses bdc (bottom dual coil). I love the clearomiser lots of vape, great flavor n glass. I started vapeing with stock 1.8 ohm that was in the unit when shipped, primed it real good with dry draws n letting it sit for :30 min. vaped real nice for 1/2 clearo, so good I bought the viva nova s for my son. then I started getting the burn taste, was reading on here to see if anybody had the same problem n some did but most love them. I figured I was chain vaping when it happened so if u don't chain vape u probably wont have a problem, I figured the coil was starving had the volts all the way down on evod twist 3.3 v. it straightened out when I did 3 dry hits priming in between hits. so I knew it was starving for the great Atmos cherry juice with 2.4 % nicotine. I read a post about takeing one strand of the wick out, I never opened a coil before new to all this vapeing for 3 mths, trying to quit smoking cigs. n this is working fairly good, down to a pack a day from 2. n the tobacco flavors leave something to be desired. well here it is just pull the top cap off the coil leave it in the base n grab with needle nose pliers it comes right off. the outter material looks like a small sheet wrapped inside of cap, that is it stayed inside the cap for me but I guess it could stay wrapped around the coil, take that out and throw away. put cap back on with ur finger push it down till it snaps in place. that's it. lets a lot more juice in and no gurgleing problems yet. I suspect it may start will post back if it does. Happy vaping now loads of vape, the best clearo I have now I also have pt3 mini n full size n 5 evods. although pt3 are a very close 2nd but had to get upgraded 1.5 ohm coils loads of vape n good taste oh at 3.8 volts, aspire is 1.8 ohm n I use 3.8 volts on that also. i'm addicted n love it, has to be safer than smoke with all the tar n carbon that comes with it. been doing it for 38 yrs. was very congested, had pneumonia from it n was told by Dr. had the beginning stages of emphysema. n still having a hard time putting them down. hope they don't regulate vaping or im afraid without free trade the big tobacco companies that purposely addicted me with added chemicals will turn out to be the big winners in this instead of the people. n yes I posted to the FDA report 8/8/14 when I found out about it n pasted it on my FB page n asked everyone of my friends to go there n post or just copy n paste with there name.

Happy vaping hope this helps u

Wdugan

Aug 6, 2014
Howell, NJ, USA
Well no more problems works as good as pro tank 3 with upgraded coils. My son has an aspire nova n loved it with no mods but he dropped it n the 510 threads broke right off so I got him the et-s cause he still had 5 more coils and it has ego threads r stronger. Hope it also works good for him. I find if I get the dreaded gurgle every once in a while I just either flick it tip downward n the juice gets thrown out or tap it tip down on a towel n juice comes out. If I blow it out a lot of juice in the tank comes out with it.

Bluzrif

Jan 26, 2013
Nashville
So I just finished a full day of vaping on my Aspire ET-s. That in itself is a feat because while I was initially attracted to them (enough to buy 6 of them) the BDC coils ultimately left me wanting. I can't remember when I first noticed the intermittent dry plasticy hits, but once I did ...my search for another small portable tank began again.
A few weeks back I ran across a Facebook post from Brad527 On EBay advertising BVCs for non Nautilus. I had heard that the Nautilus BVCs were a much improved experience and thought I'd give the new BVC for non Nautilus coils a whirl. long story short ....perfect V, perfect T, perfect F...Mouth hit , lung sweller 3.2 to 5 on a 1.8ohm all past the test. Time will tell on longevity, but so far all good...The cost is a few $ more than the BDCs but well worth it if you're looking for a traveler that won't leave you staring at your device with "the face". These ought to be extremely popular. Thanks Brad for bringing the first BVCs for non Nautilus stateside, I'll be back for more.. JJ

keonee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
USA
Just received this in an email today (BVC's for the Aspire...not the Aspire Nautilus ) -

http://www.3avape.com/aspire-bvc-replacement-coil-heads-5pk-p-156.html

I have never used this company and would probably wait til they arrive in the US and buy from a reputable vendor...but for those that use the Aspire...it's something to look forward to. I'm very happy with the BVC in my Aspire Nautilus.

Kryp2nite26

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2014
Illinois
I've found that the 2.1 ohm Aspire branded coils worked every time I bought one. I am talking about the ones that have Aspire printed on them. My wife and I used these heads in the Vision Xjet Atty for a few months. We tried different juices and no matter what, we never got more than 2-3 days out of a coil. I've seen some people claim they get weeks out of these coils and IMO those people are dillusional. We have since switched to Kayfin Mini RBA's and will never look back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread