"Atomizer Short" message, fluctuating Ohms on my eVic!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
Hey guys, I've been having some problems with my eVic lately. I've had it since last summer (almost a year), and it's starting to have problems connecting with all my tanks and devices.

I usually screw my tanks all the way down. I know many recommend against this, but I always seemed to get the best connection when screwing it all the way in.

Lately, all of a sudden I'm getting a resistance reading of less than 1.0ohm when I screw down any device. Most of my devices are around 2.0ohms, (usually protanks than I've rebuilt). When I try to fire, I get an "Atomizer Short" message and it won't fire. Than I notice that the resistance will change to 0.6ohm, 0.4, 0.0, or something similar.
.... The first time this happened a week ago, I fiddled with my evic and tank, and tried to pry the 510-pin up a bit, until I got it to give me a stable resistance-reading and the problem went away. Last night, it took me hours to get my eVic to even fire. And by the way, this is different than the "No Atomizer Found" evic message.

I have to slowly screw my tank in until I feel the slightest connection, than if I'm lucky, my eVic will give me a resistance reading that I can fire on. But the resistance is still saying something different every time I screw on my tank!! This time, even after prying the pin on my eVic up a bit, I can't get this problem to go away.
:(
I noticed if I use a tank with ego-threading, I get a more stable resistance. So did I strip the 510-threading on the inside of my eVic? Or is my eVic's pin pushed in? Or I've read that this can be a problem with the o-ring around the connection pin on the control head..

I hope I don't have to get a new control head, this is worrying me. Can anybody help me out? Thanks in advance!

M_DuBb716

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2013
**Update: I copied everything above from another thread I made in the APV forum, that wasn't getting any attention..

After prying the connection pin up a little bit more with a needle a couple hours ago, and trying to push down the o-ring around it a bit, I'm not really getting the "atomizer short" message anymore. And I can screw it down all the way and it will fire again. (Before, I couldn't only get it to fire if I barely screwed it onto a specific point of contact).
.... But my eVic is still detecting a different resistance (different ohms), everytime I screw on my tank. I standard 32g coil that I built for my protank (that always comes out to be 2.0-2.1ohms), is fluctuating anywhere between 2.5 and 3.2ohms. I've been keeping the wattage down because of this.

I hope someone can help me out!

dahlialady

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Montreal
Hi. It sounds like you were doing ok by prying up the post on your EVIC. I sometimes have to pull down the post on my clearos to make a good connection on my SVD. As long as you have a connection you will be firing. So....the O-ring is an issue? Is the O-ring too big? Has it swollen? Is the O-ring seated properly? Can you get a new O-ring from EVIC or your local vape store that is smaller?
:2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread