Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't know if you noticed but when I posted the question about "Yerf" (and yes pretty tricky) Ocelot came back with "Maybe that is the sound your dog makes... well that start a debate between me and Ocelot and of course I took a beating. She is gifted at slaying people verbally and with words that leave the recipient unaware they have been cut off at the knees. :ohmy:

Moi? I'm a puddy tat. I beg your forgiveness for my for any misperceived aggression. (I still think a dog saying "Yerf" is much cooler.)

qpiy.jpg

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
Really - "Ragdoll" is a breed. They're known for being 'puppy-cats' but mine thinks he's a pup except when he chirps. Google them - they're quite unique, larger size cats with gorgeous blue eyes.

moishesmom,

I did Google (actually Bing-ed) "Ragdoll Kitties" and you are correct they are beautiful and when you said gorgeous blue eyes well let me say that is almost and under statement. My cat is a rescue kitty so I don't have a clue what breed but when she is not stalking one of her toys she is also much like a puppy. She follows me around the house and the only time she is vocal is when she wants something to eat, a belly rub (yes I know cats don't like belly rubs but she does) or a brushing.

Last edited:

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
moishesmom,

I did Googled (actually Bing-ed) "Ragdoll Kitties" and you are correct they are beautiful and when you said gorgeous blue eyes well let me say that is almost and under statement. My cat is a rescue kitty so I don't have a clue what breed but when she is not stalking one of her toys she is also much like a puppy. She follows me around the house and the only time she is vocal is when she wants something to eat, a belly rub (yes I know cats don't like belly rubs but she does) or a brushing.

My big baby, OBIE (Osama Bin Into Everything - mom wouldn't let me keep calling him a terrorist so I use the acronym...lol) loves belly rubs, too. He's HUGE, though. Lots of belly to rub. :)

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
My big baby, OBIE (Osama Bin Into Everything - mom wouldn't let me keep calling him a terrorist so I use the acronym...lol) loves belly rubs, too. He's HUGE, though. Lots of belly to rub. :)

You could tell her OBIE is short for "Obi-Wan Kenobi". You can ask my cat if she would like a fresh filleted Tuna and she will most likely ignore you. Ask if she wants a Belly-rub and she (not like a dog lay down and roll over) will from a standing position actually just fall over belly up... it is crazy to watch. "Into Everything" mine thinks an open closet or cupboard is an invite to do as she will with anything she finds.

moishesmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
west bloomfield
Ask if she wants a Belly-rub and she (not like a dog lay down and roll over) will from a standing position actually just fall over belly up... it is crazy to watch. "Into Everything" mine thinks an open closet or cupboard is an invite to do as she will with anything she finds.

That's one of the traits of a 'ragdoll' - they flop like a rag. It makes me wonder what kind of a rescue you have?! My guy also loves the belly rubs & comes for his morning comb-outs every morning.

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
View attachment 263197

Here's my Turkish Angora (male)

Strongbeard,

Yup it sure did.. and I was afraid someone would holler about it but then you posted a picture of your Kitty. ;)

Well it doesn't surprise me too much with the cat thing, have you noticed how many folks have a cats as their Avatar and even folks that don't when the subject comes up they all seem to have a cat. Makes one wonder if cat people are not predisposed to be Vapers.

I do know when I was smoking my cat wouldn't come near me now when I vape she just sits in my lap and watches the smoke rings with great curiosity. When some of the vapor drifts across her she doesn't seem to mind at all but I do try to prevent that from happing. If it was cigarette smoke she would be off to the other room like a bullet. Hmmm... does that mean cats have more common sense than humans. :)

HolmanGT

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
St. George, UT USA
:lol::lol: I'm not the only one with ADD. LOL

Ya-But... Have you noticed when we forget what we were talking about how quick we can fill in the gaps. Anything to keep the thread high on the list. :facepalm:

@ Ocelot, How did you manage to find a house cat (Sera) with light but very discernable Ocelot markings. Look at the eye streaks, whisker follicles and nose markings? Must have just been chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread