Status
Not open for further replies.

notime4nooky

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
milton freewater, oregon
I have to keep topping off. It seems one drop = one puff, maybe 1.5

I have more stuff commin, but I was reading about dabooms mod where he uses a joye 302 atty with an kr808 battery. Guess I could give this a try.

I'm gunna go to wal mart and get some teabags now.

it sounds to me like u r flooding the atty. if u put too much juice in at once, u won"t get much vapor. i had the same problem with my 801 when i first started dripping. blow out the atty "really" well, then add 4 drops to prime the atty tailpipe it a couple of times to pull the juice deep into the ceramic pot that holds the heating coil, and then add 3 more drops. this method works like a charm for me. P.S. if u see a puddle of juice, in the bottom of ur atty that is tooo much.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I got myself a DSE801 setup a few weeks ago and had all the same problems as you. Then got a great deal on the Joye Stick (same as Janty or TW Stick) which use the Joye 302 atomizer which is a penstyle also and had nothing but troubles with it also.

Long story short 2 people suggested I try the BE112 atomizer instead. So I did.

Amazing. I'm so grateful to those 2 people who suggested the low bridge BE112 over the high bridge DSE801 or Joye 302. Made all the world of difference. I'd already tried a few of the cartridge mods which had worked for me with the DSE901 but none worked well with the DSE801. But with the BE112 I don't even feel a need for a cartridge mod. These atomizers vape down to an almost completely dry filler without anything special just the regular cartridge and filler.

So I'll pass along their excellent advice. Go with low bridge atomizers like the BE112. I know I saw a world of difference and I'd be surprised if you didn't too.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
Heisenberg,

Welcome to the wonderful world of vaping. You're really jumping in with both feet stepping up to the penstyles and dripping and cart modding right from the very start... kudo's to you!

At some point you'll probably be interested in low-resistance (LR) atomizers. They run hotter than the std attys (more power being dissipated thru the heating coil) and produce a stronger 'hit'. The std batteries don't put out enough power to drive the LR attys, but once you get armed with a MOD that takes a decent sized batter (at least a 16340 or 14500 sized batt), check out the 2 ohm attys at IkenVape. I've been vaping on one of his LR801s this week... very nice.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
bleh. To get good hits I have to take out the cartridge and pour a couple drops directly onto the 801 atomizer and I got 2 or 3 maybe 4 good puffs before it dies down

I've been wrestling with the 801 and carts too. Just started using the 801 last week (after having used 401s, 901s, and 510s for several months). I like using carts because I don't like having to drip whenever I want to take a hit. I haven't come to terms with how to get the most out of these big carts... but giving the atty/cart a thermometer shake can drive some fluid from the cart into the atty.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I got myself a DSE801 setup a few weeks ago and had all the same problems as you. Then got a great deal on the Joye Stick (same as Janty or TW Stick) which use the Joye 302 atomizer which is a penstyle also and had nothing but troubles with it also.

Long story short 2 people suggested I try the BE112 atomizer instead. So I did.

Amazing. I'm so grateful to those 2 people who suggested the low bridge BE112 over the high bridge DSE801 or Joye 302. Made all the world of difference. I'd already tried a few of the cartridge mods which had worked for me with the DSE901 but none worked well with the DSE801. But with the BE112 I don't even feel a need for a cartridge mod. These atomizers vape down to an almost completely dry filler without anything special just the regular cartridge and filler.

So I'll pass along their excellent advice. Go with low bridge atomizers like the BE112. I know I saw a world of difference and I'd be surprised if you didn't too.

+10

I've been using the penstyle since day 1 and the BE112's are all I use with it.

And I know this might sound crazy but instead of a drip tip, I went to the dollar store and picked up some pen grippers. Cut them in half and drip through them. I might eventually get some drip tips but they're still a bit pricey for my taste.

Lu

Heisenberg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Vegas
www.myspace.com
Hey, those BE112s are compatible with the 801 batteries?? I orded some Joye 302 attys because they were listed as "low bridge" where I bought them. I don't know wether or not the 801 atty I have now is high or low bridge, but I assumed it was high bridge since it's not working so good.

Is it just the bridge that matters? That daBoom guy and his threads on best e-cig starters said joye 302 was the way to go. I was gunna tru getting a kr808 battery and adaprter to use with the 302 atty.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
TBH, I never paid much attention to the bridge. Also, the ones I use are the silver ones only.

Send me a PM with your name and address and I'll send a brand new one out to you to try. (You can trust me.....I've been around awhile ;))

Also, I just started a thread in the suppliers forum because I heard someone was coming out with 801 cartos. Would love to try those someday.

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear....yes, the BE112's are made for the 801 batts. I used to buy them exclusively from bestecig: http://www.bestecig.com/products.asp?bid=1&sid=3

But I found a US supplier here who also carries them, if you are further interested.

Lu

Last edited:

hecknaw

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
north fla
sounds like it. But the chucks cost like 150 bucks alone don't they?? Then I'd have to get the cartomizers and the battery
Yep!! I don't thunk dat I ebber seen a $150.00 Chuck!! Mr.JeffakaMax does take bribes to gets er chuck to ya a little quicker!! Juts my guess he'd take $150.....Hecknaw

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Since I got that BE112 advice and got a few I've been keeping my eye out for domestic suppliers that carry them. I've found a few but can't recall any specific vender to mention now. That's cause after the first worked well I got a bunch more so haven't had a need yet to get even more for myself. If you can't find one but do want to try the BE112 send me a PM, I'll take the time to look through my notes and get back to you with places to purchase. Most places I haven't ordered from yet personally, I'll also note which they are too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread