Bad Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

9sam1

Jan 28, 2010
Rochester
I just got a 510 disposable kit from madvapes because I wanted to try out E-cigs.

I must say the taste is just atrocious, but I've heard so many people rave about e-cigs and I don't get it.

Will it get better over time? Is it just a bad kit and the flavors are no good?

idk but it tastes kind of plasticy to me, at first I thought it was something wrong with the cig but I smelled the cartridge and it smells just like it tastes.

Ankheperure

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Ohio
I just got a 510 disposable kit from madvapes because I wanted to try out E-cigs.

I must say the taste is just atrocious, but I've heard so many people rave about e-cigs and I don't get it.

Will it get better over time? Is it just a bad kit and the flavors are no good?

idk but it tastes kind of plasticy to me, at first I thought it was something wrong with the cig but I smelled the cartridge and it smells just like it tastes.

I have read in other sub-forums that that is a common problem with that one. I've never tried it myself but basically what I'm reading is that it burns through juice really quickly and the flavors seem to be lacking.On the other hand, it seems to be quite popular. I'm not here to recommend anything, but that's what I've read. I would keep reading and check the seller sub-forum about others that may be having the same problem as you.

HippyGirl

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Alabama
Generally a new e-cig and atomizer will ship with a 'primer' liquid that prevents corrosion of the coil while in storage. That may be what you are tasting. It will generally fade fairly quickly, however sometimes it takes a while. Blowing it out, as suggested above may quicken that up some. Stick with it, it'll probably improve.

I'll 2nd that. Sometimes a 510 breaks in within a few minutes and sometimes it can take a day or two.

Give it time and try different juices. When I first started vaping, I only used tobacco flavors, but since my taste buds "revived" from 35+ years of smoking analogs, I no longer use any of the "named" tobacco flavors...just my own DIY juices.

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
The marlboro type flavors can be a bit dodgy in taste as far as 'tasting like a real cig' goes. You won't ever duplicate the taste of ciggies - not exactly - but you can get close.
Did you try blowing out the atty and seeing if that helped at all? Do you have any other juice flavors you can try with it? My noob mistake was not buying enough flavors so its easy to do - good flavors really change the experience for the better imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread