Second Try At e-Cigs and Still Bad Taste!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Wondering if anyone can help. This is my second try at vaping and I'm still not satisfied. It is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth. It's kind of like a turpentine tinny lime kind of taste if you know what I mean.

After 20 + years of smoking Marlboro Lights, I first got my first e-cig starter kit from Vapor for Life back in April/May of 2010. I ordered Two shorty manual battery with pre-filled mixed of different flavor customizers. The taste of them was very bad like I said above and it turned me off to e-cigs. I gave up and began smoking reg smokes again.

This is my second attempt now but this time I ordered brand new empty customizers for my specific batteries and a couple of Backwoods Brew e-liquids: Backo- 12 mg and Adirondack 12-mg, looking for that tobacco Marlboro lights taste.
I'm still getting that awful taste! Could it be the e-cig kit I have? The customizers from V4L? Is this taste normal? Will someone that has tried all types of e-cigs give me some recommendations of what is the right e-cigs is for me? Maybe I need to get the e-cigs that are not customizers but with the cartridge/atomizers?

Thanks in advance

VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Las Vegas
Make sure you almost drown your cartomizer. When you fill it, wait until the cotton looking stuff gets really slushy. Then wait a couple of seconds nd vape. When you get cartomizers, they are sent with a liquid called primer on them to keep them from drying up and or rusting. You just have to vape through the nasty taste of the primer for maybe half an hour anf after that you should be good to go.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga

PaulE

Nov 15, 2011
Essex, UK
vape.us
I'm filling them at the top, I remove the white cap and pour about 20 drops. I even use a drip tip

Could need more juice in there. I personally jam a wad of tissue paper into the battery end, then keep filling until the liquid sits just above the top of the wadding. Leave it upright like that for 30 minutes or so, then wipe the battery connector and vape. :)

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
Make sure you almost drown your cartomizer. When you fill it, wait until the cotton looking stuff gets really slushy. Then wait a couple of seconds nd vape. When you get cartomizers, they are sent with a liquid called primer on them to keep them from drying up and or rusting. You just have to vape through the nasty taste of the primer for maybe half an hour anf after that you should be good to go.

Hi V3gas,

Thanks for the recomemdation. I'll try that. Maybe it needs to settle down a bit I guess. I'll try it again!

peace

perform23

Oct 22, 2011
New Brunswick
If you've not already done so, try many different variations. I bought a ton of diff juices at first and out of about 24 diff kinds, I only like 2. The tobacco tasting ones were actually the worse for some reason or another. I've settles on a cafe moccha and spiced apple rum for instance. My wife only likes mint. If you can get through a few weeks, you will learn to deal with it. I am willing to sacrifice taste in an effort to gain the health positives of not smoking.

Good luck!

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
And also where are you putting the juice. You need to make sure your not putting it down the tube in the center. You want to take the rubber cap off, slightly tilt it and drop it around the outsides on the polyfil. Make sure you distribute it evenly.
Also you have to give it alittle time to settle to the bottom or you can get that burnt taste.
I use a syringe to fill my cartos bc then it ensures they are filled correctly and you dont have to wait for the juice to "settle"

Last edited:

K*Rose

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
South Jersey
Try filling your cartomizer with a syringe. It sounds like you not getting your carto wet enough. Fill a syringe and place the needle between the filler and the wall of the carto and fill all around until it's slushy. Be sure not to get any liquid down the center tube. If you do blow it out into a tissue from the battery end.

NestoChe

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Marietta Ga
When I first started I tried tobacco flavors. I especially wanted one that tasted like a cigarette. I was dissapointed over and over. The limey-turpintine taste may be the "greener" side of tobacco flavoring. Have you considered changing to other types of flavors? I am partial to peach.

Hi fray,

No, I haven't consider the fruity flavors thinking it would be worst, but as you had the same experience that I'm going through now I'm thinking that might be it!..maybe I'm looking for that perfect tobacco flavor and it's not happening. I'll order some fruit flavor..maybe apple since I love apples!!..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread