Just got my Joye510 today... bad taste... =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsfoldthx

Jan 18, 2010
US
I ordered a Joye 510 from vapor kings... great product and all but the only thing is... there's this strange taste that I cannot stand. It's this strange plasticky flavor that I can't quite put my finger on... I smelled the mouth end of my e cig and it corresponds to the strange taste i'm getting... but when I smell the new cartridges with ejuice in them... they dont smell like anything. does it develop a flavor when it burns? Does it take time for the bad taste to go away? Do I just need to get used to this flavor?

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I'm new to this too, but one thing I read here (TOTALLY great advice) is that you need to blow out the atomizer before using it, because it contains primer fluid the manufacturer puts in there to keep it moist. vaping the primer fluid is not pleasant by anyone's account.

In my VERY layman's terms:

1. Take the middle piece of your 510 (which is the atomizer) and twist paper towel into the hollow end. With your mouth (obviously, lol) blow on the other end until there is no more liquid coming out.

Hopefully others with more than 24 hours experience will help you out as well. :)

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Plsfold, did you get liquid with your order?

You need to make sure the atomizer is wet at all times, more so with a 510. Put a drop or two on the atomizer bridge each time you refill your cartridge. Refill often, especially if the flavor changes. If you vape them dry, for too long the wicking under the bridge gets singed, and a bad flavor develops on the 510.

The plastic flavor could be the liquid in the cartridges (some China liquids have a perfumy/plastic taste).

On occassion, the center bridge can be off center, and if you are huffing your new toy :), it can melt the cartridge a bit. Check to see if it is centered or if your cartridge shows any sign of melting. If so, use something small to very gently move it to the center of the atomizer. Doesn't happen often, but will give a nasty taste.

Joye attys don't have a bad primer flavor to them (it is just PG). So don't worry about "primer" as the problem (trust me, I've gotten over 50 new 510 attys in the last few months... I never get a bad flavor out of any of them). Just keep that atty wet!

Scott EE

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Virginia USA
I got my 510 two days ago and from reading forums learned about the primer deal. So I blew out the two atomizers I wanted to rotate for use. I must have done a better job on one than the other. I tasted some weirdness for a bit in one of the atomizers until I ran a few carts of my menthol through it. The other atomizer had no such taste so I must have gotten all that primer on the first blow.

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
hey guys thanks for the quick responses... i blew on it without a paper towel and i got this oily stuff all over my fingers.. eck

Also I did get some e-juice with my order but ATM i am using the pre-filled cartridges they sent with my order.

If you aren't using any of your liquid... that is the bad taste problem.

Prefilled carts aren't going to keep the atomizer wet for long... The 510 is a juice hog so you'll need to refill them with your liquid OFTEN, and add drops to the atomizer at the same time.

If kept wet, you'll taste nothing but your liquid. If you used that prefilled cart for an hour without topping it off and adding a drop to the bridge, you've probably scorched the atty a bit.

What you blew out was perhaps a bit of primer, and all the liquid that had traveled down from the prefilled cartridge down into the wicking below the ceramic pot (as it is to be to run right). There isn't much liquid in a prefilled cart (the 510 has a very small cartridge), and they can be under filled or slightly dry. You really should be refilling it with liquid at the first sign of an off taste.

If your cart is dry, you'll burn the wicking under the bridge in the atomizer... more info on what that is in this thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-wick-sticking-out-under-atomizer-bridge.html

To fill a 510 cart all the way, move the filler aside with a toothpick, drop liquid into the cartridge until it looks glassy on the top (but not a pool). Redistribute the cartridge filler. This will allow you to fill the entire cartridge. Prefilled carts are fine to be refilled.

If you want to change flavor, remove the filler, rinse out, roll in a paper towel and reinsert... add liquid.

Check out the threads here for more info. on the 510 Joye 510 - E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread