Batts take to long to charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclist13

Apr 26, 2010
so. california
So i left my Screw driver MKII at a bar last thursday. It made for a rough weekend:| I ordered a DSE 905 v4 friday and arived today. Now i am sitting waiting for a battery to charge so i can try it out. Its been about 3.5 hours so far and its killing me......... as i was writing this the light on the charger turned green. :thumbs: I will start a new thread after an hour or so to let you know what i think. Longest 3.5 hours of my life.

Battery's, like anything else, dont last forever and as time wears down on them they seem to need longer to recharge and dont last as long. Here some tips being someone who has some experience with other electronics. Try draining the battery on your PV until it wont go anymore, not even a light, then give it a full recharge overnight. Sometimes battery's store a "memory" and this helps return some of the life it used to have.

I hope this helps.

Warped3k

ECF Live Chat Manager
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2010
North Carolina, US
Here some tips being someone who has some experience with other electronics. Try draining the battery on your PV until it wont go anymore, not even a light, then give it a full recharge overnight. Sometimes battery's store a "memory" and this helps return some of the life it used to have.

I hope this helps.

Aren't lithium ions not supposed to have a "memory" effect?

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
Aren't lithium ions not supposed to have a "memory" effect?

Nope, no memory in LiIon batts but as with anything rechargeable, they degrade over time...

Keep extra batts, and extra chargers. Pick them up off of the classifieds. People acquiring big-batt-mods, soon rid the clutter of the countless batts from kit...

Last edited:

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Um..... about draining those lithium batteries down to nothing, probably not such a good idea. Over draining or over charging can cause lithium batts to "fail" which is a nice word for explode. You should be using protected 14500 batteries (not sure the grey ones that come with the 905 are) that have circuitry in both ends intended to cut power in the event that the charge gets too high or too low. Mine are the blue Trustfires. I pull mine out the first time I push the button and nothing happens. I've always got a charged one on standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread