Best cig a like... Size and shape

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeler

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
I started with a V2 but the little battery couldn't keep up, then I tried their big variable voltage with smilomizers, those were ok but refilling was a pain. I finally got an ego c twist and I also brought my V2 to the store and the salesperson was able to find me some tanks that fit that as well ( and refill easier)so now I have a back up.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
eroll looks nice...I ordered these from fasttech for my wife...she doesn't like the Vamo V3 or other larger rigs either

510-X 400mAh Rechargeable Battery for Electronic Cigarette (Black)
510-X, 400mAh, Black / SKU: 1401204
(these batteries are just a little bit bigger than the e-cig stick batteries but have 2x the charge
1401204-4.jpg

510-T E-Cigarette Refill Cartridges (5-Pack / 1.0mL)
Marlboro Flavor, 11mg/ml Nicotine / SKU: 1436410

EGO 510-T Electronic Cigarettes Flat Mouth Atomizer with Refill
510-T, Black / SKU: 1325010
1325010-4.jpg

510-T Flat Mouth Electronic Cigarette Cartridge (1mL)
510-T, 1mL, Flat, Translucent / SKU: 1333801

However with the stuff going on with shipping from China...not sure if/when they will be here!!! uggh

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I actually looked at this set-up.... It just felt a little big in the hand. I know I may be buying something for short term use. I am ok with that, as long as it is not really costly. The way I look at it, if it gets me off the regular cigs, for the cost of one carton... I did good. I really appreciate the honest input. I am REALLY green with this, so some of the kits look very intimidating.
:)
The Evod kit pufZeppelin recommended is really very simple to operate, no more difficult than any other nondisposable, really. And, honestly, the size is not very much bigger than a Blu, with a lot better performance (e.g. longer battery life) and versatility. In the long run, I'm willing to wager it would be cheaper than most cigalike options, too.

I appreciate that you don't want to be pressured, but I think the intended goal of the endorsements is mostly just to save you trouble. :)

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Ok, So I tried Blu.... and while it made me feel like smoking may no longer be for me, due to odor, cost, whatever... It doesn't hit like a ciggarette. While I am dumping the analogs, and moving into vaping, I still want the tactile sensation along with the nicotine. Pack per day plus smoker... those little prefilled carts, do NOT two packs of smokes make. The shize and shape is most what I am after, I could care less aboutan LED light at the end...
Suggestions? Ideas? Open to them all. I am a Newport 100's smoker, so the taste is important to me too. Combo tobacco + menthol. Fun flavors are good for non regular use, but to make the full switch, I need something that I can vape regularly. I am willing to try something other than a cartomizer, but I don;t want a ton of effort to have to be put in either. Help please!!

Many of us started where you did. But, like you said, the cigalikes left me wanting. wanting a more realistic draw, wanting a more realistic amount of cloudy substance. Clearly the cigalikes aren't doing the job. Ego style batteries is a decent place to start, Just make sure to get a decent atomizer tank system to go with it. The atomizer is where the maximization of vape quantity and quality take place. But alas, after a few weeks a month, maybe longer, I found my self wanting more. Was smoke free, but still wanting more. Like you, I wanted something simple, but the more I searched and the more I learned, came to the conclusion that thinking was just an illusion, Kind of cigarettes whispering in my ear, come back come back you'll never replace me. So I made the step up to a Provari with a Protank 2, then a Kayfun style rba. And all of a sudden I love wrapping my own coils, doesn't take that long and usually want to try a new build before it is needed, just to try a different style or method or gauge of wire. To me this is less Hassel then smoking or cigalikes ever was. and a lot more fun and enjoyable.

I actually looked at this set-up.... It just felt a little big in the hand. I know I may be buying something for short term use. I am ok with that, as long as it is not really costly. The way I look at it, if it gets me off the regular cigs, for the cost of one carton... I did good. I really appreciate the honest input. I am REALLY green with this, so some of the kits look very intimidating.
:)

Not really costly? are you kidding me? How much are you paying for a carton? How much are you going to pay to continue smoking in the next month, 2 months or the next year? How long have you smoked. I say do the math. What you pay for any set up is nothing compared to what you have spent already or will spend if you continue to smoke. The best thing that I'd recommend is to search and see what's out there. See something that interests you, then go check it out on YouTube. Get a better idea of what can be done. One you decide what you want then do a search for the best price, or ask here again and someone or two, lol, will help you out.

Good luck on your Quest, and welcome to the forum!

texandziggy

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2009
Vermont
While I certainly respect your opinion to stick with cigalikes, I would also respectfully suggest that you think about broadening your horizons a bit. So many people have been where you are, wanting to stick with cigalaikes because they don't like the idea of holding something bigger, they don't like the idea of pushing a button to fire a manual device, etc.. More often than not, people eventually move onto to a eGo type device or an even bigger mod. The sad but undeniable truth for people in your position is that NO cigalike will give you as satisfyling a vape as one of the many larger options. Vapor, throat hit, and flavor simply can't compare, no matter how good the cigalike.

I have had several friends dead-set against moving away from the 7-11 type cigalikes they were using, but also simultaneously complaining about them. I've loaned them some eGo Twists and mini Vivi Novas that I no longer use (I pretty much use big tube mods now) and every single one of them was a convert within days. It might not seem like it but the transition in terms of familiarity from holding an analog cig to an eGo, or something even bigger, happens VERY quickly. Within a few days it will feel as natural as holding a cig ever did. It might not seem like that now but it happens.

And once you move away from cigalikes, your juice options are almost endless. I smoked menthols (including Newport 100s) for 25 years; I vape menthol juices almost exclusively, and I vape a couple that will almost take your breath away because they're so strong. You will never find that type of flavor in a prefilled cart.

I don't want to discourage you from your decision to stick with cigalikes (well, actually maybe I kind of do), I just want to reiterate what many others have already said and add that what might seem strange and non-familiar now will very quickly become so natural that oftentimes you won't even realize you're holding the thing.

Vapo Marx

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
New York
I swore I was gonna stick to cigalikes when I started. Then I got my pen-style and thought, "OK, this works better but is still small enough not to look/feel weird, I'm gonna stick with this." Now I'm digging my EVOD batteries and bigger clearos and six months from now, who knows?

I think it's just a process some of us need to go through. Others are comfortable with jumping straight to a larger device, some are happy to stick with cigalikes, and then there are those who use all of the above depending on the situation.

While I certainly respect your opinion to stick with cigalikes, I would also respectfully suggest that you think about broadening your horizons a bit. So many people have been where you are, wanting to stick with cigalaikes because they don't like the idea of holding something bigger, they don't like the idea of pushing a button to fire a manual device, etc.. More often than not, people eventually move onto to a eGo type device or an even bigger mod. The sad but undeniable truth for people in your position is that NO cigalike will give you as satisfyling a vape as one of the many larger options. Vapor, throat hit, and flavor simply can't compare, no matter how good the cigalike.

I have had several friends dead-set against moving away from the 7-11 type cigalikes they were using, but also simultaneously complaining about them. I've loaned them some eGo Twists and mini Vivi Novas that I no longer use (I pretty much use big tube mods now) and every single one of them was a convert within days. It might not seem like it but the transition in terms of familiarity from holding an analog cig to an eGo, or something even bigger, happens VERY quickly. Within a few days it will feel as natural as holding a cig ever did. It might not seem like that now but it happens.

And once you move away from cigalikes, your juice options are almost endless. I smoked menthols (including Newport 100s) for 25 years; I vape menthol juices almost exclusively, and I vape a couple that will almost take your breath away because they're so strong. You will never find that type of flavor in a prefilled cart.

I don't want to discourage you from your decision to stick with cigalikes (well, actually maybe I kind of do), I just want to reiterate what many others have already said and add that what might seem strange and non-familiar now will very quickly become so natural that oftentimes you won't even realize you're holding the thing.

I'm hopeful the transition will be that easy! I'm stuck on it for the initial switch over. Truth be told, even with the Blu crappy battery life, and prefills that are semi filled... I cut back from well over a pack a day to less than half, and that is just in two weeks. Truth be told, once you "smell" what you smell like, it is not easy to stomach. Moment of realism for me, not living in a humid area, and we smoke in the house, was the ashtray next to my bed on a super humid night.... I hadn't smoked before bed, and rolled over at about 3 AM ready to hurl. I know that I will want to move up to something that performs better, and probably sooner rather than later when I flip totally. I still have 8 packs out of a carton in my freezer, so I am looking into what options there are. My husband... No way he'll even come close to trying something bigger than a 100 smoke... BUT, he honestly is satisfied by a Blu, MOST of the time.... I've found them wanting since I decided that I wanted to switch to full time vaping over smoking. My theory... and call me crazy (many people do), is that if I can find a good cig a like, and switch off stink sticks totally, I can shift him to the better cig a like, get him off the sticks too.... hopefully by then, it won't be so much about the tactile sensation, and more about flavor variety and quality. So, kind of like training wheels? Maybe that is a better way to explain what I am honestly looking for. Thank you for the honest thoughts and opinions!

I swore I was gonna stick to cigalikes when I started. Then I got my pen-style and thought, "OK, this works better but is still small enough not to look/feel weird, I'm gonna stick with this." Now I'm digging my EVOD batteries and bigger clearos and six months from now, who knows?

I think it's just a process some of us need to go through. Others are comfortable with jumping straight to a larger device, some are happy to stick with cigalikes, and then there are those who use all of the above depending on the situation.

This. It would appear that we have walked in each other's shoes.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I've been vaping for over 3 years. Box mods mostly, but eGo style units and APVs and mechs too.

I still miss the form factor. I have some 510's around for the cig-a-like feel. They're rather old and I seldom use them due to practicality, but they are handy for that "not lugging a huge mod around" feeling when taking a quit vape.

My GF started with eGo type units and still doesn't like them. She's still smoking. She did, however, find a cig-a-like that she uses on occasion to cut down. She also vapes around me sometimes to reduce that stink factor of cigs.

So, you'll basically have to shop around for cig-a-likes. You have to weigh the convenience factor too. Can it be purchased locally? Is that a factor for you? Most of the gas-station/tobacco shop stuff is cig-a-like. All vary in performance. But options depend more on what connector they use and what you screw onto them. If they use a standard threading, you can select your ohms and vary the vape quality vs duration equation. Volts and mAh matter.

So basically read the specs. The GF is using Greensmoke and likes them. She doesn't even want to mess with filling and stuff for the occasional use she gives it.

It's all up to you. Do what works for you. But read specs. Threading, and mAh and length/width in particular. And weigh costs.

Last edited:

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
I've tried the NJoy's and found them to be very good. I use a more substantial rig, but did start with a basic 510 kit in 2009. My problem was battery life, and juice dripping. I vape quite a bit and need a larger tank and much longer battery life than the cig-a-likes provide, but they would work for me, if I vaped very little each day. I'm on the heavier side, though, so need a full setup. Many vapers start with the cigalikes, some stay there, most get a larger setup for the reasons mentioned. In 2013, there are so many good choices that any vaping requirement can be met, and ECF is the best place to learn about vaping. Nice forum folk here. Very generous, knowledgeable and helpful. Couldn't have made it without ECF and some really strong gear. good luck to you, welcome to the forum, power up and vape on!

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Ok, So I tried Blu.... and while it made me feel like smoking may no longer be for me, due to odor, cost, whatever... It doesn't hit like a ciggarette. While I am dumping the analogs, and moving into vaping, I still want the tactile sensation along with the nicotine. Pack per day plus smoker... those little prefilled carts, do NOT two packs of smokes make. The shize and shape is most what I am after, I could care less aboutan LED light at the end...
Suggestions? Ideas? Open to them all. I am a Newport 100's smoker, so the taste is important to me too. Combo tobacco + menthol. Fun flavors are good for non regular use, but to make the full switch, I need something that I can vape regularly. I am willing to try something other than a cartomizer, but I don;t want a ton of effort to have to be put in either. Help please!!

I think the big issue is to understand that you wont be truly "satisfied" with anything out there - nothing really "feels" like smoking, is tiny, costs pennies per day & requires no effort (or planning) on your part.

dont bring a knife to a gunfight!

youre fighting both an addiction and a habit, and you developed it over a period of years. it isnt going to just go away without a fight..

i started with vaping nearly two months ago - for starters, I got an ego & a couple bottles of juice. then a vamo & a protank. then a couple evods with big (1300 mah) batteries. picked up an njoy (bold) king for those morning cravings & rationed my puffs on it to stretch it out.. I really liked the njoy, so I asked my friends & family to order the $2.99 samples.. then an eroll.. a bunch of iclear 16's.. at least 20 bottles of hangsen & dekang juices (in the big bottles) from Fastech & probably at least a dozen little juices from my local shop..

been off the real cigs for over a month now & probably spent two - three times as much as I would have smoking - and you know what? I'm 100% ok with that.

you know why? E-cig stuff (even if you buy everything you could possibly try) costs less than your chemo co-pays will be. its more convenient than lugging & refilling oxygen bottles. and even if you "only" get copd from smoking, the co-pays on your advair inhalers when youre retired will hurt more than buying ecig stuff while youre still working.

dont hobble yourself at the beginning. buy whatever you need to quit, because the alternatives are only going to get worse as you age.

E-cig stuff (even if you buy everything you could possibly try) costs less than your chemo co-pays will be. its more convenient than lugging & refilling oxygen bottles. and even if you "only" get copd from smoking, the co-pays on your advair inhalers when youre retired will hurt more than buying ecig stuff while youre still working.

dont hobble yourself at the beginning. buy whatever you need to quit, because the alternatives are only going to get worse as you age.

That is exactly what I am trying to do, for a second I thought you might be in my head! I feel like if I can get the right "quit" method, then cost is a non issue. For me, after a few tries in store, I honestly think the tactile is an important factor. I do understand folks who are explaining that the larger batteries and tank options will help with throat hit and nic delivery. I don't want to come off as ignorant to that, I am certain that once I am full time vaping, I will be more open to a less "feel a like" and start focusing on quality and durability. Right now the prospect of rebuilding something, or wicks, and coils is daunting. After a while, and with info and practice, I know it won't seem so. The desire to quit being there is first and foremost for me. I have that, now I need to put some tools in my tool box, and get into the groove. Someone else mentioned that they could not have quit without this forum, and have to be honest I can understand why! The information and people here have been fabulous. As a smoker, you just smoke, you smell bad, your house and car smell bad, and you don't care, your addiction is first and foremost. Since starting on Blu, it matters to me that my house stinks, my car stinks, and I have been going outside for analogs so my kids don't have to deal with the stink. Teenagers can be quite helpful in this arena. When I reach for the pack of what the kids now call stink sticks, one of them usually asks where my e-cig is. Quitting is a choice, and I know I have to commit to it. I feel if I spend a little more and buy a set up for now, and then move up, so be it. At least I will have quit. While I am not a wealthy woman, I would rather spend a little more to make the start of my journey successful. Besides, I know I can't take it with me when I go, and if I can push back my exit time, my kids will enjoy that more than an extra 100.00 in their inheritance. I am so grateful for all the info and open acceptance, as well as all of the pro/con discussions. Makes the battle MUCH easier if you are armed with info!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread