Not open for further replies.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hi SerenityTurmoil,

well I read thru the posts again and thought it sounds like maybe you need
to watch a good video--there is plenty out there and some are just hard to follow
I really like this one, spot on- simple
watch this guy, he's down to earth and it will show you about this kit
toward the end shows you how to work on them, but no need to worry about that now, just watch...

- A PBusardo Review All About The EVOD - Includes Recoiling - YouTube

- - - -
and again, just a link to that kit and also some really simple cartomizers that simply
screw on and you drip juice in and vape away, after a week you throw it away, screw on another
kinda a jump start or if need help, they ALWAYS come thru

- http://www.vaporbeast.com/Kanger-Evod-Full-Kit-p/35-0212-000.htm
- http://www.vaporbeast.com/Boge-Standard-Resistance-Cartomizer-3-0-ohm-Black-p/62-0123-055.htm

you can and will do it and your kids and friends will thank you
if you get a system that actually works and does so consistently you will be surprised
how the progression will take place and the proof is by just reading in here

you'll have to start thinking about where and what kinda juice to get...

:)

Flux

Sep 25, 2013
Japan
Hello, SerenityTurmoil,

In terms of familiar form-factor, I was directed to this video by user Vapoor Eyes Er. The first half is probably what will help you, as the latter half is talking about a larger form-factor of battery.

http://youtu.be/m0eLM1pObZk?t=52s

I actually purchased a couple of the small, cigarette-like batteries because of this video. I have the larger "X2" batteries already, but thought that having some covert, inconspicuous vapers on-hand would be useful!

With these smaller batteries (which are the size of traditional ciggies), you can use pre-filled, flavored cartomizers, or user-fillable cartomizers. I chose the user-fillable ones, as I don't mind nerding-out on this hobby.

If you have time, watch the video: it's quite eye-opening in terms of how to look at really entering this world of vaping, from more of a technical standpoint, rather than spiritual/moral one.

Thanks again to Vapoor Eyes Er for the link!

Last edited:
20130928_214900.jpg

So, after all the info that you fabulous folks have given me, I found the training wheel set-up that I was looking for! 510 bottom coil clearomizer, blu batteries and pcc. Small cost for a minor "upgrade". Already feeling better about my ability to walk away from stink sticks. Looks and feels very close to a cig. My kids said they look like old movie star cigs. Since the feel is important for now, I am a UBER satisfied gal. Bought the new digs yesterday at 5, have had 2 cigs since, and both tasted like crap..... Headed in the right direction thanks to all wonderful advice here!!! Bought some juice to start, and am likely going to order a few from Mount Baker Vapor soon, as some of them look good enough to eat, and reviews for that supplier have been great. Now to find an online store that carries the 510 clearo cheaper than my B&M. Thanks to EVERYONE for the input and shared knowledge! Sending a few friends your way for info!!!!

unknown_shooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Phoenix AZ
Ok, So I tried Blu.... and while it made me feel like smoking may no longer be for me, due to odor, cost, whatever... It doesn't hit like a ciggarette. While I am dumping the analogs, and moving into vaping, I still want the tactile sensation along with the nicotine. Pack per day plus smoker... those little prefilled carts, do NOT two packs of smokes make. The shize and shape is most what I am after, I could care less aboutan LED light at the end...
Suggestions? Ideas? Open to them all. I am a Newport 100's smoker, so the taste is important to me too. Combo tobacco + menthol. Fun flavors are good for non regular use, but to make the full switch, I need something that I can vape regularly. I am willing to try something other than a cartomizer, but I don;t want a ton of effort to have to be put in either. Help please!!

View attachment 256566

So, after all the info that you fabulous folks have given me, I found the training wheel set-up that I was looking for! 510 bottom coil clearomizer, blu batteries and pcc. Small cost for a minor "upgrade". Already feeling better about my ability to walk away from stink sticks. Looks and feels very close to a cig. My kids said they look like old movie star cigs. Since the feel is important for now, I am a UBER satisfied gal. Bought the new digs yesterday at 5, have had 2 cigs since, and both tasted like crap..... Headed in the right direction thanks to all wonderful advice here!!! Bought some juice to start, and am likely going to order a few from Mount Baker Vapor soon, as some of them look good enough to eat, and reviews for that supplier have been great. Now to find an online store that carries the 510 clearo cheaper than my B&M. Thanks to EVERYONE for the input and shared knowledge! Sending a few friends your way for info!!!!

if its *really* all about the form factor, the only game in town for a refillable is the eroll - it'll probably hit harder than your 510 setup, because they run at a higher voltage.

the eroll is shorter than a "100" cig, and smaller around than your 510.

the only disadvantage is battery life - it puffs & lasts about like a normal cig - but you get two in a kit with a pcc, just like the blu & you can take a stack of pre-filled tanks in a mini altiods tin. a complete set is under $50 shipped with a coupon from rocky mountain vapor (i think the coupon is rocky20 or 20 rocky)..
as for clearos, you might like these for a budget solution

$2.47 510-X 1.0ml Electronic Cigarette Tank Atomizer - 1.8

it'll take a couple weeks to get them from china, but the price is right & you may get a couple weeks out of what you have, depending on the juice you run through them..

Last edited:
I posted this in hand photo in another thread. Might as well post it here too. This is a nice little setup. It's a Volt 78mm battery and Mini Clearomizer from Smokeless Image.

I'm one of the stubborn ones. I have some larger hardware but after 4 months of vaping I still like my cig-a-likes the best.

Well.... I am still loving my little Nano for out and about, and try new stuff..... However.....

That clearo looks very much like a Kanger T4, aka Halo "mini tank."

If you're so inclined, try the E-smart clearo (808-threaded version) sometime. It's wider than a standard 808 battery (like the Volt or Halo G6) but only slightly so, and I liked it much better than the T4.

I went and played with this is the store... Meh. Minimally better than blu, better pull, better flavor.... BUT..... wanted more for the late nite, teenagers making me nuts, crazy day, might kill a co-worker moments...... SO......

I heavy heartedly wish you the very best of luck !

truly hope what you got works for you, and you come to like it and your goal is met :)

Happy Vaping :toast:

Puf, your heart can no longer be heavy! Saturday picked up a vision spinner 900. LOVED the variable. HATED when it died while I was in wal-hell.... so today, I went and I purchased him a friend, Another in black. first was stainless. Sprung for pyrex so I could vape on cinna-roll..... Best Choice Ever.

So yes my fine friends, my blu batteries and nanos' are still here in the mix.... BUT my new rigs are makin me a vapor happy gal. Quit Day tomorrow!!!!! Sadly It isn't letting me show you my pic. I'll try again.... while this die hard cig a like chick digs her tasty nano sticks.... she is also now quite content to declare tomorrow quit day! I can tur them volts up if the day gets bad!!! PS.... This isn't even touching on the stuff I saw and couldn't buy!!
Thanks everyone!

Puf, I hope your heart is lighter this fine fall evening.:vapor:

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
well i started with a TW (totally wicked) titan tank. it was alright but it got me off the real things. i find that people who use something that is cig like at first have a better chance of never going to back to the real cigs. the SMOK TECH Shorty Cartos are around $2 each hold up for a long time. but they need re refilled often. using that on a 350 MAH automatic battery does wonders for replicating the feel of a real cig in your hand. shop around you should get 2 automatic battery's battery charger and a whole mess of Shorty Cartos for under $40. TW has awesome tobacco flavors as well also impotent when trying it kick real cigs. after a while you might fine some other equipment more your style hope this helps! ~Happy Dave~

TVBoss

Oct 10, 2013
boise
I have a Blu. I never use it because its too heavy and you have to draw on it so hard, then I cough etc...I recently quit smoking cigs and I bought a new ecig from vapoligy. Its a Riva model. I love it! First off, way cheaper than the Blu. Also it satisfies my craving for cigs. I'm so mad I didn't buy one sooner.
I'm still learning all about vaping. I'm super new to all this.

Hope that helps

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
so which glass-o-mizer did you get ?

be careful with that spinner

-don't screw tanks on to tight
(look away, when ya feel battery touch, stop, then just ¼ turn more)

-don't 'spin' the power up just cause ya can
probably be around 4.0 volts or less mostly (but you'll find out)
if you start getting burnt tasting coils you know you over did it :blink:

might wanna get some dielectric grease - Electrical System Maintenance : Permatex® Dielectric Tune-Up Grease
(in the RV section @ wally-hell)

yepper, gonna sleep better tonight knowing your in the good hands of 900VV :p

so which glass-o-mizer did you get ?

be careful with that spinner

-don't screw tanks on to tight
(look away, when ya feel battery touch, stop, then just ¼ turn more)

-don't 'spin' the power up just cause ya can
probably be around 4.0 volts or less mostly (but you'll find out)
if you start getting burnt tasting coils you know you over did it :blink:

might wanna get some dielectric grease - Electrical System Maintenance : Permatex® Dielectric Tune-Up Grease
(in the RV section @ wally-hell)

yepper, gonna sleep better tonight knowing your in the good hands of 900VV :p

LOL, I thought you might!! I got a Smok Aro for now. wick/atty pck is the same as the TS3 so I can go either way.... although the Pyrex seems to deliver better taste. 2.2 ohm is what I bought. Spinner stays between 3.8 for most and 4.2 for the chocolaty thick stuff.... I used the google chart on Ohms..... and since it popped in and out super easy... I didn't feel dumb or like I was tinkering where I had no business tinkering! Figure I will give myself a two month treat when I get there... Now... to figure out what :closedeyes: There are SO many ways to go from here! I transitioned easier than I thought. I forget who said it, but I wasn't holding it like a cig anymore... Now, I have the hubby on my "training wheels" Nano's but I bought him Joyetech 510's... hoping he comes home holding it different... **Evil little smile** THEN I maybe look into the more mechanical/technical side.... I am stoked for today, cig free first time in 20 years!!!!!!!!
:toast: Thank you for helping a stubborn noob!!!!

cloudcity

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2013
Boston MA
joyetech eroll + any juice (instead of yucky pre-filled)

image_zps3739c87f.jpg

RHP

Love it. It's nice to see someone who uses (several) Provaris still have an eRoll in their arsenal... I have one that should be arriving tomorrow and personally, I am super excited for it. It seems like a great little cig-a-like for moments where I might want to blend in a bit more...

(I've also tried Volts, Bloogs, Titans, Blus etc. This is the one small form factor I actually have a sliver of hope for, people seem to really love them, and I would love a little stealth vaper for at the bar ...)

Will be happy to report back after it arrives...

I started with Blu just because it was convenient to buy but they did not work for me either. I did a lot of research and ended up with the Halo G6. I started with the pre filled cartomizers and quickly went to the mini tank which was a great experience but I quickly wanted something more! I bought the Halo Triton starter kit and that is where I remain and very satisfied. I was a 25 year smoker and I have not touched a real cig in 7 weeks. Best of Luck to you... such a great feeling to be smoke free :)

Fortinbraz

Oct 10, 2013
Ohio
You can still use the Blu batteries and pack and just fill your own 510 cartos. That's what I do for my wife's habit. It's not hard to fill cartos, PBusardo has a good video on how to fill them using the condom method. You are still beholden to the limitations of the Blu batteries (they are only a couple hundred mah IIRC), but if you like the form factor and charge-on-the-fly then that is an option. Good 510 cartos (Boge) draw so much easier than the prepackaged Blu cartos, the difference is quite noticeable.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
LOL, I thought you might!! I got a Smok Aro for now. wick/atty pck is the same as the TS3 so I can go either way.... although the Pyrex seems to deliver better taste. 2.2 ohm is what I bought. Spinner stays between 3.8 for most and 4.2 for the chocolaty thick stuff.... I used the google chart on Ohms..... and since it popped in and out super easy... I didn't feel dumb or like I was tinkering where I had no business tinkering! Figure I will give myself a two month treat when I get there... Now... to figure out what :closedeyes: There are SO many ways to go from here! I transitioned easier than I thought. I forget who said it, but I wasn't holding it like a cig anymore... Now, I have the hubby on my "training wheels" Nano's but I bought him Joyetech 510's... hoping he comes home holding it different... **Evil little smile** THEN I maybe look into the more mechanical/technical side.... I am stoked for today, cig free first time in 20 years!!!!!!!!

i was chuckling over how you went from "i want a cig-a-like" to knowing the coils are the same in Aros and TS3s in less than a month!

for the price of spinners, i recommend the itaste vv v3. shipping is great from these folks. like most of the venders that i've found here, delivered in 2 days. the v3 is variable wattage as well as variable voltage. you can zero in on taste while vw keeps the battery at the right voltage (helps your coils to last longer). there's an ohm meter, check to see if the coils you have are as marked, OR for checking coils once you convince hubby to start re-building them for you. there also a puff counter if you want to keep track, i use it to keep track of the battery usage (i get 400-550 "puffs" per charge depending on the clearo i use, with evods getting the highest usage. here's a pic:

Picture 14.jpg

got 2 of my 4 v3s here:

Itaste VV/VW 3.0 by Innokin - NettMix Custom Vapes

for clearos, cheapest place in US for evods is right here:

Kanger Evod Rebuildable Clearomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

10% off using vaporfrombaker coupon makes them $4 a piece. they have cheap juice as well (though some here knock it because it isn't expensive. others just cause they don't like it)

for ice cold menthol:

Extreme Ice E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

i noticed that you like cinnamon roll, theirs is also very good:

Cinnamon Roll E Juice Baker Vapor - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

their customer service is awesome and the shipping is the fastest (don't make a mistake when you order, cuz they package, even fresh made juices, in hours!

evods and ptanks are the most used bcc units, nearly everyone builds their bcc units to use their coils. for great service and price on replacements, discount vapors:

ProTank Coil Heads

if you wanted to try the new protank 2, i found some awesome prices. 15.99, but 10% off with dv10 coupon:

NEW!! Protank 2 by Kangertech - DinoVape

i had another one, but can't find it atm.

just some thoughts and ideas for you!

good luck!

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I started with Blu just because it was convenient to buy but they did not work for me either. I did a lot of research and ended up with the Halo G6. I started with the pre filled cartomizers and quickly went to the mini tank which was a great experience but I quickly wanted something more! I bought the Halo Triton starter kit and that is where I remain and very satisfied. I was a 25 year smoker and I have not touched a real cig in 7 weeks. Best of Luck to you... such a great feeling to be smoke free :)

Hello deterleigh, Welcome to club ECF - nice job going 7 wks without the bad habit !! :toast:

have you read through this thread from the beginning ??
if not, You Should ! :)

just sayin`

good luck vaping

i was chuckling over how you went from "i want a cig-a-like" to knowing the coils are the same in Aros and TS3s in less than a month!!

**Grinning** Looking around the forum is super helpful.... and if you play attention to what expoerence people are telling you.... You can learn quite a bit in a short time... Don;t get me wrong I do love my Nano and short stick battery sometimes... but I also am acknowledging, it isn't enough to really quit. My physical addicition is atronger than my mental one on that.... Besides, you can't put Cinnamon in plastic!! :laugh:

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
LOL, I thought you might!! I got a Smok Aro for now. wick/atty pck is the same as the TS3 so I can go either way.... although the Pyrex seems to deliver better taste. 2.2 ohm is what I bought. Spinner stays between 3.8 for most and 4.2 for the chocolaty thick stuff.... I used the google chart on Ohms..... and since it popped in and out super easy... I didn't feel dumb or like I was tinkering where I had no business tinkering! Figure I will give myself a two month treat when I get there... Now... to figure out what :closedeyes: There are SO many ways to go from here! I transitioned easier than I thought.
I forget who said it, but I wasn't holding it like a cig anymore... Now, I have the hubby on my "training wheels" Nano's but I bought him Joyetech 510's... hoping he comes home holding it different... **Evil little smile** THEN I maybe look into the more mechanical/technical side....:ohmy:
I am stoked for today, cig free first time in 20 years!!!!!!!!

OK, one of those Smoktech ARO Pyrex Glass, they look cool

I wanna try one of these soon - DV BCC Clearomizer cheap & kanger coils

so how did ya get hooked up with NANOs ? ever try these
- iClear10S 1.8ohm Replaceable Coil Clearomizer - Clear 1PC [gv-iClear10SClearo1.8ohm-Clear] - $5.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more
- Innokin iClear10S Dual Coil Clearomizer
cheap rebuildable cute

there is a big big world of juice hunting out there or juice making

just for the heck of it, ever look at these ...?

- Innokin iTaste VV 3.0 Simple (Mini) Kit, Variable Voltage/Wattage. Full Featured Slim Sized APV.

- New! Innokin iTaste MVP 2.0 2600mAh Box APV Kit, Variable Voltage and Wattage

good luck as your transition starts today from evil to Good . . . :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread