Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
ok, guess no one out there is happy with their tanks ?
Personally, I'd look at an RTA like Bachelor or Merlin. Factory coils aren't going to be much use if they are not available after the FDA is finished. Both those tanks are single coil and you can twirl your wire to whatever resistance you like.

My go to tank atm is the Smok TFV4. Easy no coil fuss, control air flow in the base and the drip tip.

We still have 2 yrs after 8/16 before Fed Regs limit what's on the market. As it stand atm, everything on the market as of 8/16 will be allowed to stay on the market for the next 2yrs, 8/18.

Between now and 8/16, look for a flood of new devices to come out as everyone is in a rush to get them out before the 8/16 deadline.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Personally, I'd look at an RTA like Bachelor or Merlin. Factory coils aren't going to be much use if they are not available after the FDA is finished. Both those tanks are single coil and you can twirl your wire to whatever resistance you like.

i actually would like to get a tank which has RTA capabilities. I have a kanger tank with RTA if i want it but am hearing its not a great rta...

do the bachelor and Merlin offer premade coils as well as the rta?

My go to tank atm is the Smok TFV4. Easy no coil fuss, control air flow in the base and the drip tip.

We still have 2 yrs after 8/16 before Fed Regs limit what's on the market. As it stand atm, everything on the market as of 8/16 will be allowed to stay on the market for the next 2yrs, 8/18.

Between now and 8/16, look for a flood of new devices to come out as everyone is in a rush to get them out before the 8/16 deadline.

the crown and the Smok are the two i have been looking at. the only thing with the Smok, is im seeing the coils cost 20 bux for a 4 pack. have you been able to get them cheaper? thats pretty expensive compared to the 10-12 i pay now for a 5 pack

Reactions: Lady M
..... the only thing with the Smok, is im seeing the coils cost 20 bux for a 4 pack. have you been able to get them cheaper? thats pretty expensive compared to the 10-12 i pay now for a 5 pack

I got mine at a local vape shop so I know I paid even more than that.
I just wanted something that works and works well.
Both local vape shops highly recommended it as well as several of the customers that were shopping at the time.

The Smok TFV4 sells out quickly at both shops.
I have purchased several different RTA's, RDTA's and RDA's lately, but have yet to try them.
The TFV4 just works and it works well. The wife is using the "micro" TFV4 and likes it also, but don't add the extension for the larger tank as it leaks badly.

One thing to keep in mind is the coil resistance and can your device handle it. The favorite selling coils are the T3 & Q4 which are 0.2 & 0.15 ohms respectively.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
i actually would like to get a tank which has RTA capabilities. I have a kanger tank with RTA if i want it but am hearing its not a great rta...

do the bachelor and Merlin offer premade coils as well as the rta?

No, they are strictly roll your own. I find I like creating my own coils, never mind the HUGE difference in cost. Plus, I've never had a 'bad' coil of my own. I had a few when I used to do factory coils.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
Maybe if you posted in the right forum you'd get answers. I know that many of the subforums are antiquated and are named from an earlier time in vaping but a Subtank is a Clearomizer which has it's own subforum.

gotcha, was not aware

I got mine at a local vape shop so I know I paid even more than that.
I just wanted something that works and works well.
Both local vape shops highly recommended it as well as several of the customers that were shopping at the time.

The Smok TFV4 sells out quickly at both shops.
I have purchased several different RTA's, RDTA's and RDA's lately, but have yet to try them.
The TFV4 just works and it works well. The wife is using the "micro" TFV4 and likes it also, but don't add the extension for the larger tank as it leaks badly.

One thing to keep in mind is the coil resistance and can your device handle it. The favorite selling coils are the T3 & Q4 which are 0.2 & 0.15 ohms respectively.

how much do you pay for your coils on the Smok? more than 20 bux for a 4 pack you said? how long does a coil typically last?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
You're asking for recommendations for a clearomizer or RBA tank. This forum is for cartomizer tanks, or cartotanks, an entirely different class of juice delivery attachment.

Back to your question. I've been quite impressed with my Crown tank from Uwell. It is available in 0.5 ohm and 0.25 ohm coils, and accepts nickel coils if you have Temp Control on your mod. It has an aftermarket base to convert it from a clearomizer using replaceable coils to a Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, although I understand the reviews for this accessory is not as good as the original tank.

I have used both the 0.5 and 0.25 coils. Both have lasted approximately a month of daily use before needing to be replaced. The tank is top fill, which I prefer due to convenience. You have to use the factory made drip tip as it is attached permanently to the tank's top; the drip tip is wide bore. The tank has a wide range of air flow control with a ratcheted ring. Tank kit comes with a spare glass tank.

how much do you pay for your coils on the Smok? more than 20 bux for a 4 pack you said? how long does a coil typically last?

Everything at the local vape shops are marked up, most items are 2x as much. I dropped $700 bucks in 3 days and she just said she would give me a deal on the coils. I didn't bother looking as I just wanted them.

I read several youtube replies on the Uwell (from vid reviews) and the short life of the coils was mentioned a lot.
I've had this tank 3 weeks and I'm on my 2nd coil only because I got a new flavor juice and wanted a fresh coil. The old one did look a little rough, but was still performing fine on vapor and flavor still. I vape sweet fruit flavors so they can gunk up quick anyways.

There are a few vid comparisons between these 2 tanks and also watch the individual vids and decide which one is best for you.
Good luck :)

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Some of us are confused. You said subohm tank and that you use 1.2 ohm coils....

I am quite happy with my Subtank Mini's. I only use RBA though no factory coils.
The serpent is also a nice tank but again no factory coils.
Never a dry hit.

Lacit1707

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
CT
i have a kanger sub tank mini right now but i have been vaping 1.2 coils. i have a 30w mod and sub ohming needs more power from what ive experienced.

Sorry for the confusion, but i am looking for a new tank which can handle sub ohm as well as 1.2-1.5 ohm coils.

Preferable a tank which can also use an RBA but I'm thinking no dual purpose tank is very good, so will most likely buy a seperate RBA set up down the road.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Not into building so no RTA for me. For pre-built coils Uwell Crown has best flavor. Haven't received my Crown II yet. Also use Zephyrus V2 and it comes with rebuildable deck. Cleito is good too and quite inexpensive.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
Probably between 50 and 100 watts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread