Bigger clouds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delinx32

Aug 8, 2014
PA
When I first got my evod, there was lots of vapor and strong throat hits. Now, the clouds are weak and it feels like I have to suck really hard to get any hit at all. What could cause this?

I thought it might be a coil problem, and I ended up buying a double coil aero tank. It didn't really help. I ordered a new VV battery that hasn't arrived yet, thinking that increasing the volts might make more vapor, but it occurred to me that I actually don't know that that would help.

So...my question is: What attributes go into making a bigger tastier cloud?

delinx32

Aug 8, 2014
PA
1. How often do you change your coils?
I got the aerotank on wednesday, haven't changed the coil yet. I changed the coil in my evod around every 2 weeks.

2. Do you dry burn your coils when their performance starts to fall off?
No, does that help? Tonight I've been holding the button for a few seconds to try to get it to "warm up" first. Didn't really seem to help.

3. What is PG/VG ratio of your eliquid?
The one that is loaded now is 65/35 VG/PG. Its cyclops poseidon. They're always different because I use zamplebox and have a crapton of liquids.

4. Do you use a lot of dark or sweet eliquid in your tanks?
All the ones I've run through this coil have been clear or mildly yellow.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
Mainly, PG = Throat hit VG = Clouds which is the PG/VG ratio. A good mix for throat and cloud would be 70/30 mix. The higher the VG, the more clouds it will produce. Unfortunately, you need to do some research on the setup to use. More of the easy setups tend to burn better with higher PG. Drippers are more efficient with higher VG contents. "So...my question is: What attributes go into making a bigger tastier cloud?" I would say between a 50/50 to 60/40 mix as PG is what holds the flavor the best out of the 2 ingredients. Nevermind, you answered the question an I cant delete the post

Last edited:

delinx32

Aug 8, 2014
PA
I just took my dual coil out of the aero tank, took the longer grommet off and put it on a single coil and put that in. Now I'm getting good vapor/hit again.

So, is it because of the new coil, or the reduced resistance? Is my current battery (600mah) not powerful enough to run the dual coil? This is probably how I'm going to run this tank anyway because I plan on learning to rebuild my single coils and use them in the aero tank rather than mess with buying/rebuilding the dual coils.

I would have thought the dual coil would produce more vapor, but like I said, I probably don't really understand. I'm still a relative newb to mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread