blu cigs not that good? i need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhawk151

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
I recently bought blu cigs, my friend had them about a year ago. i remember him being able to take the cartridge out and picking at the foil to expose the juice. with the ones i got i cant do that. i used plyers to try and get it off and nothing. i read that they made it this way now and you cant refill them with juice if you wanted to.

i have been looking at other e cigs to get that are better than these. i looked at joye 510 as someone said they were better, they are cheaper too. can i refill these with juice? do they come with a pack that recharges the batteries? or is there a better e cig that makes more vapor. thats what i find wrong with blus. i remember when i smoked it a year ago i wanted to get a badass nicotine buzz so i ripped it pretty hard and hadn't had a buzz like that in a long time. i feel that these blus i have now dont do that at all. the buzz is very light and i am in it for the nicotine buzz as im sure most smokers are. i like that blus can be black with the blu light. but i want something that gives me a good vapor amount and a good buzz. can anyone help me out with this? it would be greatly appreciated.

im not concerned with price too much. i payed 70 for the blus. i dont want to spend a lot but any feedback with cheaper or more expensive e cigs that are better for what im looking for would be great.

i am new to e cigs and bought blus without doing much research. there are so many e cigs out there its hard to know what is really good and what im looking for. i can still send them back to get a refund and would like to figure this out before i make any more decisions. thanks for your time and feedback.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
If you're still inside the 30-day trial period, I'd recommend you return the Blu and grab something better. I just made a really long winded post on another similar question, right here.

If you're looking for a charging-carrying-case, they're called PCC's. There are a few kits that they sell with PCCs on various sites, but the real reason for them is to satisfy the people that are looking for something that looks and feels like a cigarette. If you're not too worried about that, I suggest you look at a device called the eGo. It's a bit larger, which is almost entirely to make space for a longer lasting battery. I have an eGo kit and a battery lasts me most of the day, so that I'm not fiddling with chargers and changing batteries and all of that.

As far as refilling goes, anything that you find from the suppliers on the forum suppliers list is going to be refillable, which will save you some money in the long run, over buying expensive pre-filled things. In fact most of them have their own lines of flavors for you to go crazy buying. :)

The number 510 refers to the threading, there's 4 or 5 different thread styles that are used, and adapters are available so that you can use them with the others. The eGo is a 510 threaded device.

Best of luck!
-X

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF

There is a LOT, and I mean a LOT of options out there for you. It depends on what your really looking for in an e-cig. I would HIGHLY suggest that you get your post count up to 5. After an hour then you can roam around the other sections of the forum to ask questions.

I will start by giving you a few suggestions. My first is a REO which is pretty hassle free and will last you a lifetime but it isn't cheap but you won't have to carry a bottle, batteries, or anything else around if you get a REO grand:

reosmods.com
*There are a couple of mini's the last time I checked but Rob always lists when he's going to release the next batch here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...dates-sales-information-most-recent-info.html

You can get more info here:
Reos Mods

If you want to start off cheap and easy. Then move up to the more premium mods then you can try these:

Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Volt - Pro Starter Kit - Starter Kits
https://www.cignot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=KIT-EBT-ALL
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Riva 510
Electronic Cigarette - Starter Kits - Joye eGo

darkhawk151

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
Texas
thanks for your replies! they are much appreciated. i saw a youtube video on the joye ego and it looked pretty awesome. a lot of vapor. and i looked on the reos website and saw the grand but i couldnt open up more information on it. all this new e cig stuff is almost like learning a different language with all different hardware! it sure is a lot more than a pack of cigarettes and a lighter!

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
That's for sure. Honestly though, a lot of people turn this into a hobby, and there's nothing wrong with that. (Those are the majority of the people you see talking on here...)

I'd suggest you start with a kit though, and not hop into the mod-world until you've got your feet wet. There's all sorts of beautiful mistakes you can make with a mod that can get pretty costly...kits are pretty self explanatory. Here's a battery, here's an atomizer, here's a charger, here's some liquid. Put them all together and Wallah! Vapor!

Mods are a bit more like shopping for a particularly threaded bolt at the home depot. You've got a whole wall of parts in little bins to search through....but you can't just pick it up and go "Oh...it doesn't fit" and send it back....

-X

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
That's another thing that's going to vary from person to person. I have an eGo-T, it's got a little tank on top that you fill, and it holds about 1ml of liquid, which you can get from most vendors in various flavors. They don't typically come pre-filled, but you'll want to get a few bottles of liquid anyhow, just because the USPS isn't amazingly quick and reliable.

I go through somewhere between 2 and 3 mls per day, depending on the day and such. I was a pack-a-day+ smoker for 11 years and set the cig down when got my first kit. Again though, it's going to depend on the person.

The parts are essentially long-term disposable. They're not made to last forever, but how could they. An atomizer will last you anywhere from a couple weeks to several months, and the batteries seem to be generally good for 6 months or so...they're usually rated in how many re-charge cycles they can go through, you can -sometimes- find that information with a bit of digging.

-X

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
thanks for your replies! they are much appreciated. i saw a youtube video on the joye ego and it looked pretty awesome. a lot of vapor. and i looked on the reos website and saw the grand but i couldnt open up more information on it. all this new e cig stuff is almost like learning a different language with all different hardware! it sure is a lot more than a pack of cigarettes and a lighter!

No problem, I'm still pretty new and so I understand where your coming from. And yeah, on the website there isn't much information but there is a LOT in the other link I gave you on the REO subforum.

Anyways, I'll agree to that. It took me a little while before I understood what people are talking about but once you do. You start to get involved. And when you get involved. Your hooked and before you know it. You have 5 different pv's, 20 atomizers, a 100 cartomizers, and enough juice in your collection to last you and your best friends for 5 years. Then once you know enough about vaping. You start giving advice to new people like i'm doing now LOL

and the cartridges for the ego dont come pre filled? or do i have to fill them? and if i fill them how long will that last?

My suggestion is to get cartomizers rather than cartridges. They perform better and yes, it would be better to fill them yourself. That way, you'll have the option of finding what you like in terms of flavor. Almost all pre-filled anything is not going to taste good at all from my experience.

Also, cartomizers generally last anywhere from a week to a month but, the good thing is that they are cheap. I would suggest getting some Boge LR 2.0 or "Resurrectors" from here:

Crystal Clear Vaping

The Boge LR 2.0's will take 25 drops and will last for a an hour or so before you have to put an additional 10 drops in there to keep it going. Good trick to when you have to "top it off" is when you notice the flavor starting to diminish.

The "resurrector" will take 45 drops and will have to be topped off in the same amount of time as the boge. Since these get hot pretty quick and so, they go through the e-liquid faster.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
thanks so much guys. do those resurrectors work for the eGo? or is it only for the reo?

They work for both actually

do you know if the starter kit for the ego comes with cartomizers or is that seperate? it says 5 cartridges, not sure if thats any different

The kit that's on liberty flights doesn't include cartos but carts. It's always a good idea to get cartos separately. Since the best ones usually aren't going to come with a kit anyways. Trust me, it'll be worth it in the future when you get the kit and everything else. You'll be more satisfied and not have to waste time ordering them when you find out that the cartridges that came with your kit aren't giving you what you want.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
dude, washvap. i read that that reo will get you in a vape coma lol. is that pretty accurate? that sounds pretty awesome. how is that compared to the eGo?

LMAO! Yeah, it'll give you a nicotine overdose if you aren't careful. I eventually got a hang of it and take a break here and there.

The ego and REO are two completely different beasts. The Reo is a bottom feeding box mod. Which means that it has a bottle (3ml for the mini and 6ml for the grand) which feeds e-liquid to your atomizer and cartomizer by squeezing the bottle. 3-6ml in the bottle will last you the whole day without re-filling anything (especially the grand with the 6ml bottle that can last some 2-3 days). Also, the REO Grand can use other types of batteries which means that it can be 3.7, 5, and 6V. Which gives you more options of whether you wanna step it up a notch in terms of warmth of vapor and throat hit. The mini on the other hand can only use 14500's which will last 3-5 hours of heavy use while the grand uses 18650's which can last 12-24 hours. It is made of aircraft aluminum which means that it's basically indestructible. Finally, you don't have to carry bottles of e-liquid or extra cartomizers around. Which will give you a hassle free experience like I said before. The only downside is cost and a slight learning curve which will be easy if you use cartomizers first. You will however have to buy the cartomizers, e-liquid, batteries, and a charger.

The ego on the other hand is a standard cigar shaped e-cig that also uses cartos and attys but also tanks (1-2ml). BUT, it's only 3.4 volts which means that it won't give you as much throat hit or warmth of vapor compared to a true 3.7V mod such as the REO. Not saying that it won't give you a satisfying vape but it won't be as nice as a high end mod. Also, battery life will diminish pretty quickly if you use, lets say a dual coil cartomizer or anything that is LR. Which will cut battery life down by an hour or more. Also, you WILL have to carry extras around with you such as e-liquid and cartomizers since you either have to switch out the carto or top it off.

and that resurrector is a cartomizer right? sorry if i ask a lot of questions. i tend to do that

Yup, it's a cartomizer or carto for short. Anyways, you don't have to apologize since asking questions is what this forum is for. I'm always glad to help the best that I can.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
what would be a better kind of juice, with vg or pg?

That's hard to say since some prefer VG to PG and others like me prefer mixed % of each. Since some have a bad reaction to PG such as a sore throat and other symptoms. But, PG will give you more of a TH and some say more flavor as well. VG will definitely give you more vapor and the higher the % of VG. The harder that it will be on a cartomizer.

Cartomizers generally do well with e-liquid that is higher in PG such as a 80/20 mix. The limit would be 60/40 and and anything such as a 50/50 or a 20/80 will be to thick and will not wick fast enough. Which will lead to a clogged or burnt cartomizer. Although AVE e-liquids does do pretty good for being a 100% or 10/90% VG since it's not as thick as others

Personally, I have not problem with PG at all but everyone has their preferences. You might or might not have a bad reaction to PG. There's only one way to tell IMO. It's best to order small sample bottles first before buying anything more. That way you'll know what you like and what works for you. Here's some vendors you might wanna try out:

https://www.nitelitevapor.us/shop/c...UUyJjKDIwCK5VpioeHDAHSbDZOP0&shop_param=cid=&
Alien Visions E-Juice
China E-Liquids
Welcome to Tasty Vapor
VaporBomb.com
FreedomSmokeUSA
American Crafted E-Juice
http://www.backwoodsbrew.net/
http://www.vaperite.com/
http://www.kickbassvapor.com/
http://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/
http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/
http://virginvapor.com/

Also, if you were serious about the REO than you need AW IMR 14500's or 18650's and you can get them from here:

RTDVAPOR.com

Last edited:

juxt4p0z

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
Sunny Florida (DANG it's hot)
I didn't see an answer to the OP's question about the blu ... I think you had a disposable one, that wasn't meant to come apart ;)

Other than that, yeah it's tech and cool right? I quit smoking almost 3 weeks ago now on an ego-t batt with carto/clearo, and I'm looking into my first vv mod. Good ones out there but you can get really advanced stuff on the cheap if you make it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread