Brand new here! Questions on my ecig....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
Hey folks, Brand new here, been lurking for a day or 2, but I got some questions. Ok here is my story, I saw everyone saying get a 510. I ordered one today. I work for a certain tobacco company, and on one of my routine stops, met a retailer selling something called Smoker Fifty-One Trio. It is made by Smoke anywhere usa. I made a deal with him, and basically picked one up for free, which is a good thing because he was charging $100. It uses njoy carts, and came with its own carts too. I picked up some "menthol" Njoy carts for it, and this is my question... why don't I taste the menthol? at all? in fact all I can taste on either cart is fog machine at a rave flavor. Is this typical? I know I dont have the best PV, or juice/carts, but is that fog machine flavor pretty standard? I like the idea of it, and actually think the device isn't all that bad, its just the flavor issue I should have my 510 in a few days, and Im gonna order some juice for it too. Any suggestions on the flavor/brand? a sampler might be a good idea for me. Are all you folks smoking haunted house fog flavor and just pretending its sour apple? or am I missing something?

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
you might be right, because when I first got it, I accidently used it with a blank cart, and was still producing some vape/smoke. That taste, is pretty much what Im still tasting. thanks for the info!
on a different note, how do I subscribe a thread and or auto subscribe when I post a thread or reply? having problems with that too! m a mess... haha

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
you might be right, because when I first got it, I accidently used it with a blank cart, and was still producing some vape/smoke. That taste, is pretty much what Im still tasting. thanks for the info!
on a different note, how do I subscribe a thread and or auto subscribe when I post a thread or reply? having problems with that too! m a mess... haha
As long as I've been here I've never subscribed to a thread... I just drag the link to my desktop if I'm interested in following it, then I can easily delete it later. (I use Firefox in Windows and drag the icon from the address bar)

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
My first e-cig purchase was the Njoy Npro with the menthol carts. Experienced the same thing. Njoy isnt a bad PV (good one to start with). Their prefilled carts are the worse (imo). However, you can order some different flavored e-liquids (juices) and drip (refill) those carts and you will experience a world of difference. I have since moved away from the Njoy (RN4082) model. I simply got tired of always refilling those small .... carts. After much research (on these forums), I ordered the Vapor King from Vapor4Life.com (that was July 27th). The Vapor King is a two piece PV, meaning that the atomizer is built into the cart. You simply screw the one piece cartomizer onto the battery and vape away. The Vapor King (VK) battery lasts much longer than the RN4082 model. And the throat hit and vapor production is excellent. The great thing about the cartomizer concept is you always get a fresh atomizer with every cart (they are meant to be disposable), but they are refillable. I have been refilling mine since purchasing the kit 2 weeks ago. Please go to the Vapor4life threads in this forum for some very useful info on this wonderful product. I am 47 and smoked 1-2 packs of marlboro reds for 30+ years. Since converting to vaping (over 3 wks now), I have not smoked an analog, mostly due to the fact I am using the Vapor King. I am in no way a rep for this company or their product, I have nothing to gain monetarily from my comments. I just love their product and their juices. Steve Milin and Vapor4Life have definitely extended my life. Whatever you choose as your daily vape, whether it be the 510, Njoy, or myriad other PV's available, good luc in your new adventure and welcome to the new world of vaping (I think it is the next best thing since sliced bread). Keep reviewing the threads in this forum, and you will gain some very useful information. Not a question in here that cant be answered by someone ! ! GOOD LUCK

Mike

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
My first e-cig purchase was the Njoy Npro with the menthol carts. Experienced the same thing. Njoy isnt a bad PV (good one to start with). Their prefilled carts are the worse (imo). However, you can order some different flavored e-liquids (juices) and drip (refill) those carts and you will experience a world of difference. I have since moved away from the Njoy (RN4082) model. I simply got tired of always refilling those small .... carts. After much research (on these forums), I ordered the Vapor King from Vapor4Life.com (that was July 27th). The Vapor King is a two piece PV, meaning that the atomizer is built into the cart. You simply screw the one piece cartomizer onto the battery and vape away. The Vapor King (VK) battery lasts much longer than the RN4082 model. And the throat hit and vapor production is excellent. The great thing about the cartomizer concept is you always get a fresh atomizer with every cart (they are meant to be disposable), but they are refillable. I have been refilling mine since purchasing the kit 2 weeks ago. Please go to the Vapor4life threads in this forum for some very useful info on this wonderful product. I am 47 and smoked 1-2 packs of marlboro reds for 30+ years. Since converting to vaping (over 3 wks now), I have not smoked an analog, mostly due to the fact I am using the Vapor King. I am in no way a rep for this company or their product, I have nothing to gain monetarily from my comments. I just love their product and their juices. Steve Milin and Vapor4Life have definitely extended my life. Whatever you choose as your daily vape, whether it be the 510, Njoy, or myriad other PV's available, good luc in your new adventure and welcome to the new world of vaping (I think it is the next best thing since sliced bread). Keep reviewing the threads in this forum, and you will gain some very useful information. Not a question in here that cant be answered by someone ! ! GOOD LUCK

Mike

thanks mike, I have already ordered a 510, it is on its way (before i got this Njoy wannabe thing actually) I need to get some exotic type flavors I think, my daily smoke believe it or not, is grape/strawberry swisher sweets! I some 5-6 a day sometimes more. I also really enjoy newport and kool menthol cigs too, so I def want a menthol flavor too....

BOREMAN

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
RVing the USA
thanks mike, I have already ordered a 510, it is on its way (before i got this Njoy wannabe thing actually) I need to get some exotic type flavors I think, my daily smoke believe it or not, is grape/strawberry swisher sweets! I some 5-6 a day sometimes more. I also really enjoy newport and kool menthol cigs too, so I def want a menthol flavor too....
I think you will be satisfied with the 510. There definitely is a learning curve involved with vaping, as I definitely found out. But it is so much fun while learning all the ins and outs. V4L juices are arguably the most flavorful on the market. They have 28 different flavors and his prices cannot be beat, with strengths ranging from 0mg-36mg. Their Mint flavor is the closest to menthol I have tried. Tastes just like a Kool or Newport. I have also tried the RY4, Coffee, Chocolate, Marboro, and unflavored (to mix my own flavors). I have on order (here Friday), some Grape, Peach, Pina Colada and Cola (all have very high reviews). I will post my juice reviews on the Vapor4life thread here prob Saturday. Have fun with this and good luck. I am having a ball ! ! !:D:D:D

BloodFart

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Orange county CA
My first e-cig was the exact model you bought. It is absolute crap. The difference between that and a 510 is like a motorcycle and a bicycle. That thing has to be the worst e-cig on the planet...

Lucky you didn't have to pay for it...lol.

Haha, yeah, its not very good... It is just amazing that the guy would actually charge someone $100 for this! It does have a "lifetime warranty" but that doesn't fix poor functionality, and horrible flavor. My 510 is on its way, and I cant wait. Anyone tried juice from TheSmokeSafe.com? I got a deal from the guy who runs it, and I don't know if its anygood. Bought my 510 from him though, and he has real good prices, and is pretty quick on shipping and correspondance.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Where is a good place to buy a 510, I'm just starting too and I'm really not trying to get scammed :p

Janty is a good vendor but they're out of stock on the Dura C right now. Cheapest US price on the Joye510 is here:

Joye 510 with PCC

Actually that isn't with a PCC but this is:

Joye 510 with PCC

Get some juice as well, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread