Burnt taste constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeulu

Oct 20, 2015
So i'm fairly new to vaping, only about a month, so i'm still learning what everything is/means, i've been using a "compact ego rbc" with no real problems until the last 2 days. for the last 2 days almost every hit has been a horribly disgusting burnt taste, i've cleaned everything as best i could, and replaced my coil 3 times now, every time i get like 3 good hits, and then the same horrible burnt taste over and over. please help :(

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Almost sounds like the first coil(s) worked well then got dirty, that's when it's start tasting burnt. Could be a number of reasons why the new ones tasted burnt. Could be not primed properly, are you letting them sit for a few minutes after filling and then taking a few primer puffs( taking puffs without pressing button) before starting to vape. This draws liquid into the coil. Did you change to a thicker liquid that might not wick as well. If you did you could take the coil head apart and see if there are any flavor wicks on top of the coil.I haven't used that device so don't know if they use flavor wicks. If there are, you could remove one and see if that helps with wicking. You could also add a few drops of distilled water or PGA(Pure Grain Alcohol) to thin the liquid.

Xeulu

Oct 20, 2015
i have recently switched to a 70/30 (VG/PG) aswell as a max VG as juices with a higher PG mess with my throat, i have been letting the coils sit for a bit aswell as a few primer puffs, the 70/30 juice seemed fine for a while, but since ive tried the max VG one, even when going back to the 70/30 and even a 50/50 it all tastes burnt after about 3 hits, no matter how long i wait between.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
I'm not sure what they use as wicks, but if it's cotton, once it's burnt it will always taste burn, unless you can replace the wick or rebuild it altogether. I think the move to higher VG% is most likely the cause of insufficient wicking, might want to try thinning your liquid.

Reactions: Strange Smile
just an update, i decided to give thinning my juice a go, 3 drops of distilled water into a 30ml bottle of max vg juice, and everything perfect now, great flavor, great clouds, and no wicking issues so far

Excellent! Thanks for the tip!

Huls

Feb 4, 2015
Surrey BC Canada
So i'm fairly new to vaping, only about a month, so i'm still learning what everything is/means, i've been using a "compact ego rbc" with no real problems until the last 2 days. for the last 2 days almost every hit has been a horribly disgusting burnt taste, i've cleaned everything as best i could, and replaced my coil 3 times now, every time i get like 3 good hits, and then the same horrible burnt taste over and over. please help :(
Often if you hit the fire button before you start your drag you get a burnt taste. Try hitting the button and starting your puff at the same time. The draw brings liquid to the coil, and the air hitting the coil before it gets to hot reduces the burnt taste I have found.

Reactions: macis

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Often if you hit the fire button before you start your drag you get a burnt taste. Try hitting the button and starting your puff at the same time. The draw brings liquid to the coil, and the air hitting the coil before it gets to hot reduces the burnt taste I have found.
thats a gd tip, i always hit the fire button a sec b4 drawing. might try ur style

earthrocker*72

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2015
Maine
not sure if you have ever researched any,but I have been using a mechanical bottom fed juice mod with a rebuildable attomizer for 3 years.With a few attempts at making my own coils,I have never looked back..going back to smoking is the furthest thing from my mind..very little maintenance even if you are a subohm vaper..No dripping or tanks to deal with//very bare bones simple..might be worth taking a peek...look under forum suppliers section of ecf...best of luck

Huls

Feb 4, 2015
Surrey BC Canada
thats a gd tip, i always hit the fire button a sec b4 drawing. might try ur style
Yeah. Depends on your set up, if there is any ramp up time to your coils. I build my coils and set the wattage/temperature so the coils heat up super fast if I hit the trigger before I draw the juice gets cooked and tastes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread