Camel SNUS question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqirl1

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
St. Louis, MO
hi so I've only had camel mellow, and I got a question about the rest of their snus. a buddy of mine smokes camel analogs and knows I like snus every once in a while, so he gave me a dollar off snus coupon off the back of his pack and I looked at it closely and saw the the Winter Chill flavor said "large pouches". this brings me to this question: are "Robust" and "Winter Chill" different in flavor from "Mellow" and "Frost" or are the pouches just bigger? if it's just that the pouches are bigger I'm gonna get frost but if the flavor is stronger I'll get winter chill. lemme know soon because I plan on getting a can next time I get gas

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Sqirl, I'm not sure if the flavor is stronger but the portions are larger. The frost is what is called a long portion and I believe that the "large pouches" are more like regular portion size like most swedish snus. Most of us around the smokeless forum only use swedish snus but I was thinking that roth may have tried those new ones you asked about.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Sorry dude, I'm not going to be very good at helping you our. I think I've had all the flavors and didn't dislike any of them. However, I've only bought them when I forgot to take my traveling snus can with me and usually only use it till I get home. Sweden has given the world two great things, blonds with big,,,,,,hearts :p and the greatest tobacco delivery in the world.

On the different sizes of Camel, I liked the long, but can't recall which are longs and the others seemed to be pretty big but not uncomfortably big.

The only real negative I can give is be careful with how long you lip them. I tend to leave snus in rather long if there still is taste to them. I've broken a couple and the Camel is one messy proken portion.

Best I can provide since it's been months since I left home without my variety pack of Swedish.

Stubby

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2009
    Madison, WI USA
    From what I have heard (haven't had any US snus in a long time) Skoal is the best of it. I just can't handle all the over the top sweetness. I don't have a clue as to why US snus makers think it has to taste like candy to sell. Even the Java stonewalls can get cloyingly sweet and am liking the naturals better, though I'm likely a minority on that.

It's to bad beginning snus users immediately run up against the PACT act so have a very difficult time trying out all the wonderful snus flavors out there. Once you try some Ettan or 01 there is no going back.

Roth.... those blond Swedish women certainly do have big..................hearts

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread