• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Canada Post is bunk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sathane

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Oh, I shoulda mentioned that when shipping the chicks you have to stay regional. No air or water travel. For me, I was pretty much limited to shipping within Alberta and Sask.

Hmmm...I was just wondering: chicken flavored ejuice?? Maybe not.

That Italian e-juice maker (can't remember the site name) makes a bunch of brutal sounding juices. Includes ones like ham and squid flavours but their bacon flavour has me kind of interested.

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
Just for the halibut.... :p

I wish to reiterate that CP are a buncha buffoons sometimes. I'm waiting on 2 in-Canada expedited orders that were shipped on Tuesday. Tracking since Tuesday shows them as "processed in Missisauga". Can they not do better than that??? Idjits.

I wouldn't be so frustrated if I hadn't had Ontario-originated shipments in 2 days in the past. *pout* Now I hafta wait till Tuesday. Dumb holiday. :blush:

AlbertaClipper

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
Ponoka, Alberta
Family Day is not recognized as a National Canadian holiday but rather a Provincial one and because of this CP does run on Monday.

Here is a link to CP holiday schedule

:vapor:

Thanks for reminding me of that. The ways of CP are yet mysterious to me...I'll make sure to drive the couple 'o' miles to my box to check on Monday. I'd assumed that the union ways of CP would have made a no-delivery day happen. That said...I wonder if my local subcontractor will observe it??? I'm tellin' ya, they have ways of their own. I hope to see the goods there on Monday. YES I know I really need patience. I usually have it, but I seem to love to give federal entities a hard time. :smokie:

Just yesterday I had my own frustration with CP.

I've been giddy the last three days watching the status updates on the Canada post page (It was even shipped out the same day it was ordered!), never moreso than yesterday morning when it showed "item out for delivery".

I checked my mail box several times up to the point when the day's mail did arrive but without either the package or a slip telling me where to pick it up.
I contacted the CP "in store" depot where all of my eBay deliveries are usually sent and was told they didn't have it but that the last shipment of packages arrived at 5PM.

Imagine my surprise when I checked the tracking page to read "Delivered successfully (AM)" When no such thing had happened.
On my dinner break from work (4:30-5:30) I rechecked my mailbox and apartment door (again, no delivery slip) and asked my superintendent if a package had been given to her for safe keeping. No such luck.
I then went to the CP location in person and arrived as the postman was dropping off parcels. I had them recheck their earlier deliveries (not there) and the ones coming in right at that moment (not there either).

I called the Canada Post customer service line and was told that "Delivered successfully" was just what they marked when it was sent out on the truck. Which begs the question of what "item out for delivery" means. If every report is one step ahead of the actual status does that mean "item accepted at post office" means they had a psychic vision of the order being packed by the vendor? The clerks at the CP depot as well as the postman assure me that delivered successfully means delivered.

The other disconnect is that the help line guy said they have until 6PM to make deliveries while the in store depot clerks say that the last drop of undelivered packages is at 5. Fascinating.

I'm kicking myself now for not asking the delivery driver if he performed the deliveries himself and if so what he did with my package. I did get my letter mail that day with the addition of junk mail despite my box having a "NO JUNK MAIL" sticker.

This was my first order. I had hoped to be vaping by today but nooooo.
I'm actually smoking more analogs because I'm angry. Fuming in every sense, I suppose.

WiηgC¤mmαηdεя

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2009
Dieppe, NB
Hi Atlantic Fog,
I can relate on the frustrations with CP, Tracking since Xmas 2010 has been hit or miss, much more than previously. I had a package delivered with sig required that was still showing in customs for review - LOL. Others that show processed at postal facility that get delivered fine. It used to be that they would show when they were out for delivery.
At least they deliver my mail almost daily again instead of once or twice a week.

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
My parcel guy is awesome. Our letter carrier though is a putz. I have had mail go to the wrong address way to many times with this new lady carrier. The parcel guy delivered a Porsche body this week from Germany and I found he's a pro photographer while we talked and he's coming out to our next race to shoot some action stuff for us. Ya we talk a lot cuz I have stuff delivered weekly from abroad. I order in parts and such for my buds. The worst service I get from most of my worldwide deliveries is from USA. it takes longer to ship something to my door from Spokane than it does from Germany or the UK

Sathane

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2011
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
I get the same when ordering from Alberta - I'm in Ontario. When I contacted CP about the lack of status updates I was told it was most likely in the air. Which is fair enough. I don't expect then to feverishly scan every item every few hours as they pass over stuff. On both shipments, the item next updated when it was out for delivery.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
^^ Unless your like ME, lol....... I still stalk the online shipping status and hassle the country mail(person) every time.

What a daunting hobby for an OCD person to get into eh....

VapeOn,
Greg

Or you're like me and you raise such as stink at the Post Office that they don't DARE screw up ever again... LOL

Can_supplier

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2009
Canada
When I moved from TO to California I couldn't believe it when I saw the USPS guys delivering mail on Saturdays...at straight time!!!!

Their union needs to take some pointers from good ole CUPW.

I don't want my mail delivered on Saturday at straight time, I want it on the Friday when it was supposed to be here.

Only stupidity on the part of management, not the union, can drive a ship as far off course as CP is..

Working your employees like slaves has never made for better service, putting someone in charge who knows that they are doing does

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Well it seems CP has lost the 308 proto that was on it's way to Jack for the meet tonight. Mailed express post first thing last Thursday (24th) which should of put it in Jack's hands by Mon 28th. Tracking says it was delivered @ 08:36 am on the 25th. I did find that odd that it would make it inside 24hrs. The oddity, Jack never received it and CP can't seem to find it or know where it is. Hopefully it will show up :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread