capella's shipping charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

susieque

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
pennsylvania
i'm in the middle of placing an order with capella's and shipping is now $11.20 for priority mail... i about fell off my chair.... i use to pay a little over $3.00 on reg mailing and this isn't even an option now.... i did email them and haven't heard back from them as of yet.... has anyone else had a problem with shipping cost? or is this a computer clitch i'm having on my end....:(

db13berry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2011
USA
i'm in the middle of placing an order with capella's and shipping is now $11.20 for priority mail... i about fell off my chair.... i use to pay a little over $3.00 on reg mailing and this isn't even an option now.... i did email them and haven't heard back from them as of yet.... has anyone else had a problem with shipping cost? or is this a computer clitch i'm having on my end....:(

I blame it on fuel cost. Sucks big time! I haven't ordered from there yet, but I bet if you get an answer, it will be about fuel cost.

Rosco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
KCMO:>)
This is what they have concerning shipping on their site;

Please allow 3-5 days for order processing time (excluding weekends and holidays).

You can trust that your order will be quickly processed and safely delivered. We ship our products anywhere in the United States using USPS (United States Postal Service)

Our shopping cart will automatically offer you the best, most economical shipping options based on the destination and weight of your package.

Our least expensive shipping option (as little as $1.97) will be First Class Mail or Parcel Post (depending on weight), keep in mind, these shipping options will take longer to be delivered to you.

The priority shipping option will give you much faster service delivering to as far as the eastern border(Florida, NY, Maine,etc) in as little as 2-3 business days.

susieque

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
pennsylvania
i don't have an option to go with first class or parcel post when i check out.... i always went with the cheaper rate and my package always arrived 5 days later and i was happy with that.... well if this is the case, i might have to place a bigger order to try to keep my cost down on my end..... still haven't heard from them, waiting patiently...

Shantia

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
Fredericksburg, VA
Ok, just did a mock order and checked my shipping rates for my zip code. Fedex is 10.25$, usps: First-class mail 3.88, Priority mail small flat-rate box 5.70.

Must be something on your end. Try again, make sure you do not have fed-ex chosen as an option.

I believe the post office is paid by the government (our taxes), so i dont think we directly see an increase in price for gas and such directly through our shipping costs. Not all at once anyway. I'm sure it works like the stamps do. they go up a cent or two every year. Usually when a supplier charges a lot for shipping its profit for them. flat rate boxes cost 5 dollars when ordered online. So anyone charging more then that, is keeping the extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread