Carto/Tank recommendation and help me understand variable voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balter

Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
New York
Hi All,

I'm waiting on my EgO C twist in the mail. Pretty excited to get it :)

I was hoping the kind folks of ECF might recommend a good carto-tank for flavor? I currently use a Mini Vivi Nova on a Smoktech mini battery. I bought this setup for the compact nature and it hasn't disappointed. But I find that the Vivi Nova lacks slightly in the flavor department. I'm happy with it's vapor production and throat hit.

So as my title would suggest - do you have a recommendation for a good carto/tank combo for an EgO battery? And also, can you explain exactly what effect varying the voltage on my in-transit Ego Twist will have? Does it affect flavor, throat hit, temperature, etc?

Thanks!

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! is a good place to start for tanks, lots of choices and decent prices. The standard use 35mm long carto's, the XL's use 45mm long carto's.
I think the Ikenvape 510 fusion's are some of the best out there, but good luck getting some! He gets them in and they are gone shortly after!
I've tried Boge and Smok pre-punched, they work, but don't last nearly as long!
VV does all of the above, it changes the heat in the atty, giving you a change in flavor, throat hit etc. it lets you dial in what you like to taste. It also affords you to buy what you can get. Say you find a carto you really like, but it's out of stock in the range you like, you can buy a different rating carto and make it work for you.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'll provide a couple of recommendations for a slim cartotank that is inexpensive.

dctank.jpg

The Smoktech polypropylene DCT tank kit from My Vapor Store will provide you with a polypropylene tube (safe for all juices and available in a frosted clear or colors), metal caps, a drip tip, and your choice of 5 single/dual coil cartos, choice of number of laser-drilled holes, and choice in ohm resistance. You would want the 3.5ml size for the slimmer eGo batteries. $21.35 510 Pro DCTank Combo

OCD tank on Twist.jpg IBTanked-1.jpg IBTanked-large-small.jpg

IBTanked - Get Tanked With Us! make a slim (19mm diameter) pyrex carto tank starting at under $20, including the glass tube in two lengths (standard fits a 35mm carto; XL fits a 45mm carto) and a choice of acrylic or stainless steel caps. One of the above pics displays the difference between the long and standard size. The first image is an IBTanked on an eGo Twist.

Concerning variable voltage, this option allows you to tailor your voltage output to each individual flavor. For instance, I enjoy my fruit flavors in the 3.4v - 3.7v range. My coffee flavors are best in the 4.0v - 4.8v range. And my cinnamon flavor is best at 5.8v. With variable voltage, it's recommended to use a carto with a higher resistance: such as 2.5 - 3.0 ohm for the widest range of useful voltages.

The following Safe Vaping Power Chart helps in understanding this. Ohm or resistance is in the left vertical column, voltage is in the upper column. Draw imaginary lines so that they intersect to get to 8 watts, a good starting point in wattage. You want to stay in the green block areas.

Vaping Power Chart 2.0 - Imgur

I personally recommend that you use a single coil cartomizer. They are less draining on your batteries life, and provide just as much vapor as a dual in my experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread