Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Since I'm much older than most, I've not had to stock up as much;.....but IF I do manage to live longer than my "stash" then I will definitely look around for a "supplier". :)

P.S. I've already selected my "cell" decor......

Wouldn't it be a hoot if all vapers across the country turned themselves in when all this goes into affect...and refused to pay any fines. What would they do with all of us lol? Where would they put us? And then if we insisted that they couldn't release us because we would definitely re offend immediately and still not pay....then what? I'm ready to decorate my cell for the cause. :D

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
I see it as we are all black market operators.

You stockpile or do craft work, and if doing it only for your purposes, then there is distinction to be made between whatever that (selfish) act is and what the market will entail. But you distribute/share ANY of what you stockpile with ANYONE (family, friends) and you just done participated in the black market. So, all these vapers who claim to be giving, generous, helpful people will have to do a complete 180 and say only me matters and to heck with the rest of you (includes spouses, family and friends). I think it is very likely that for a period of time (like 1 to 11 months) that many vapers do things on the down low and by that I mean only fending for one's self. But once it gets to be the norm, I think it could, very easily transform into a very visible gray market, or as visible as the notion that somewhere in the world someone might just be driving over the currently posted speed limit, aka breaking the law.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.”
Patrick Henry

How far have we departed from that principle?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Madison: "If men were angels..." in context: (Federalist Papers #51)

[T]he great security against a gradual concentration of the several powers in the same department, consists in giving to those who administer each department the necessary constitutional means and personal motives to resist encroachments of the others. The provision for defence must in this, as in all other cases, be made commensurate to the danger of attack. Ambition must be made to counteract ambition. The interest of the man must be connected with the constitutional rights of the place. It may be a reflection on human nature, that such devices should be necessary to control the abuses of government. But what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections on human nature? If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself. A dependence on the people is, no doubt, the primary control on the government; but experience has taught mankind the necessity of auxiliary precautions. ([1788] n.d., 337)

"In questions of power, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution." --Thomas Jefferson: Draft, Kentucky Res., 1798.

"The equal rights of man and the happiness of every individual are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government." --Thomas Jefferson to M. Coray, 1823.

Hmmm... no mention of greatest good or public health.....

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Hmmm... no mention of greatest good or public health.....
Nope. To repeat what I posted in Anti-THRlies:
We are engaged in an ongoing process of sacrificing our individual liberty to the rule of a vast, un-elected bureaucracy, and we are increasingly made the subjects of its arbitrary acts.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
— Benjamin Franklin

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."
—Thomas Jefferson

"Enlighten the people, generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like spirits at the dawn of day."
—Thomas Jefferson

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny."
—Thomas Jefferson

"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action."
—George Washington

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
Nope. To repeat what I posted in Anti-THRlies:
We are engaged in an ongoing process of sacrificing our individual liberty to the rule of a vast, un-elected bureaucracy, and we are increasingly made the subjects of its arbitrary acts.
How true. Napoleon ruled France and conquered most of Europe. Before was the French Revolution.
Before that An uncaring ruling class of Royalty. All were survived by the Bureaucracy.
Regards
Mike

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Before was the French Revolution.

Which shows how different ours was - it took 150 years for us... them only a few. People like to say they were the same but they were not. Still - were it not for the French, there likely wouldn't have been a victory at Yorktown - maybe later, but maybe not at all.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Which shows how different ours was - it took 150 years for us... them only a few. People like to say they were the same but they were not. Still - were it not for the French, there likely wouldn't have been a victory at Yorktown - maybe later, but maybe not at all.

The money they provided to assist us, was one of the causes of their own state bankruptcy. Which was only one factor in their revolution; mostly it was a situation much like our own, except even worse -- a 1% elite who didn't give 2 squats for the other 99%, whether they ate, or lived, or died, and a 99% who were ...... off and desperate enough to start a real uprising.

It's coming. Thank god for the 2nd amendment, at least in those states that haven't essentially castrated it. (looking at you, NY and CA).

Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
was one of the causes of their own state bankruptcy. Which was only one factor in their revolution

Much of the support was more from the revolutionaries, Lafayette most notably, but yeah, money came from the government of course. However, one could make a pretty good argument that the support was primarily against Great Britain rather than for the colonies. We did benefit - there is no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread