casablanca question

Status
Not open for further replies.

scarhead

Aug 12, 2011
Clearwater, FL
Hi, I have a question about Casablanca blend:
First off, let me say that I'm not complaining at all, and taste is subjective, etc, etc.
I placed my first order with BWB recently, and have loved almost all of the juice that I got. Adirondak is awesome!
Anyways, I tried the Casablanca after steeping about a week...tasted like typical tobacco juice with something else in there, so I decided to let it steep more. It's been almost 3 weeks and I just can't stomach the stuff. It smells like a typical tobacco juice mixed with hot sauce or some type of pepper. Is this normal? Everything I've read and seen says the juice should be smooth, mellow, hint of cocoa, etc., but my 10ml bottle just smells weird.
Is the peppery hot sauce tobasco smell of the juice normal?

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Hi, I have a question about Casablanca blend:
First off, let me say that I'm not complaining at all, and taste is subjective, etc, etc.
I placed my first order with BWB recently, and have loved almost all of the juice that I got. Adirondak is awesome!
Anyways, I tried the Casablanca after steeping about a week...tasted like typical tobacco juice with something else in there, so I decided to let it steep more. It's been almost 3 weeks and I just can't stomach the stuff. It smells like a typical tobacco juice mixed with hot sauce or some type of pepper. Is this normal? Everything I've read and seen says the juice should be smooth, mellow, hint of cocoa, etc., but my 10ml bottle just smells weird.
Is the peppery hot sauce tobasco smell of the juice normal?

For me, I never really warmed up to it, but then I have not liked many coffee type vapes either! ;)

I truly enjoy the vast majority of the 30 or so flavors I have tried from BWB... Casa was one that just missed for me. There will be others, as by definition it is impossible to make a vape that is flavored to where everyone will like the taste. After all, when it comes to taste with food or vapes... there are even some benighted heathens out there that do not like pizza, hamburgers, or even bacon! :lol:

digunderground

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2012
Vaparadise
I alternate between Casablanca and a few Halo tobacco mixes. The Casablanca usually comes off like it has a little Jalapeno to me when its fresh, and much more mellow after some steeping. I actually think they may have changed up their recipe in the last 7 mo or so. I had some old Casablanca that tastes just like I remember it, and some of the newer ones just taste different but I cant put my finger on it.

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
You answered your own question, old versus new. Ones steeped the other is fresh
I alternate between Casablanca and a few Halo tobacco mixes. The Casablanca usually comes off like it has a little Jalapeno to me when its fresh, and much more mellow after some steeping. I actually think they may have changed up their recipe in the last 7 mo or so. I had some old Casablanca that tastes just like I remember it, and some of the newer ones just taste different but I cant put my finger on it.

.kmh.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Maryland
dejinn.deviantart.com
I got Casablanca, Honey Flu Nut, and Virginia. I tried them once they arrived and I couldn’t vape them. I heard about how long they can take to steep, so I put them up. I place my order on the 29th of July so they have been steeping for quite some time. And every week or so I try them out again. So many people swear by BWB so I really want to like them but, as of the moment I'm having troubles with it.

The performance of the juices are awesome and satisfying for me but, the taste are just off to me. Is there a secret to steeping I don't know? I keep my juices in a wooden box so the animals cant get to them and the room is a bit cool normally but, its been almost 2 months.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
What cart/atty are you using at what voltage? Its possible your over or under powering the juice.

Its also possible those particular flavors just arent for you. While some of us may love them, Others may not.

I know my preferences change. I loved virginia and honey flue nut for a long time. While I still vape them, i lean more toward backo these days. Personally I usually recommend Backo and Malty as a first try for most people. For fruit lovers probably blueberry, strawberry, or peach. Menthol definitely orchard frost.

BTW as for storage you should have no issues with how your storing them.

.kmh.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Maryland
dejinn.deviantart.com
I've been vaping Casablanca since I posted my last comment. And it is growing on me a bit. Not sure I would use it as an all day vape but, it is a break from the norm. A lot of juices that i have tried have somewhat a similar taste to each other and I must say I’ve never had anything that reminds me of this juice.

.kmh.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Maryland
dejinn.deviantart.com
What cart/atty are you using at what voltage? Its possible your over or under powering the juice.

Its also possible those particular flavors just arent for you. While some of us may love them, Others may not.

I know my preferences change. I loved virginia and honey flue nut for a long time. While I still vape them, i lean more toward backo these days. Personally I usually recommend Backo and Malty as a first try for most people. For fruit lovers probably blueberry, strawberry, or peach. Menthol definitely orchard frost.

BTW as for storage you should have no issues with how your storing them.

I prefer non-sweet or just a hint of sweet tobacco typically. I have 1 fruit juice I use every once in a rare while when the craving comes up.

And to answer your question, I use a Mini Vivi Nova with a 2.4ohm head normally between 3.7v to 4v.

Backo is on the list for my next purcase. not giving up yet =).

Vape Casa again tomorrow and again on Friday and then tell us what you think ;-) Ive seen this exact statement end in "Its my favorite" so many times. IDK what it is with that juice but it definitely grows on you

Will do, and yeah I'm getting that feeling.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone

It's been my favorite too and I also swear something has changed. February was when I first noticed. It definitely seems more peppery, some bottles more than others. I never used to taste that at all even when fresh. I still like it but the peppery can get to me and I get a bit light headed and have to find something else to vape.

It's probably all in my head, but I still love the stuff. Nothing else like it.

Last edited:

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
I prefer non-sweet or just a hint of sweet tobacco typically. I have 1 fruit juice I use every once in a rare while when the craving comes up.

And to answer your question, I use a Mini Vivi Nova with a 2.4ohm head normally between 3.7v to 4v.

Backo is on the list for my next purcase. not giving up yet =).

Will do, and yeah I'm getting that feeling.

Honestly thats about right on for watts with those juices IMO. I will say I have read some reviews of the Vivi saying flavors were off. Ive never used it so I cant really comment as to that particular setups performance. I can only comment as to my experience in regard to watts, volts, and resistance.

Back and Backo with a hint of maly( for a tad sweeter ;) ) are my favorite

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
It's been my favorite too and I also swear something has changed. February was when I first noticed. It definitely seems more peppery, some bottles more than others. I never used to taste that at all even when fresh. I still like it but the peppery can get to me and I get a bit light headed and have to find something else to vape.

It's probably all in my head, but I still love the stuff. Nothing else like it.
I doubt Don changed his recipe but you never know if his supplier changed something. Im sure Don or Deana will see this and respond.
;)
Adirondack, Backo, and Applewood where the ones I was looking at for my next purchase. Whats your thoughts on the Adirondack, and Applewood?

I you like the stronger more organic hint in your tobacco youll love adirondack. Its definitely in my top 10 tobacco vapes. Applewoods is pretty good. I used to vape it alot. I have so much juice it only seems its way into my rotation a few times a month :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread