Cause of sucking liquid into your mouth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyborgasm

Jan 8, 2009
U.S.
I know you've all experienced this, and it sucks. It seems to happen randomly, I just topped off a semi-new cart, smoked it half way through all the while getting juice in my mouth and no throat hit. I switch to the cart I was using earlier with no problems and it happens again. So I top off the first cart and it's working great... same USBthru and atomizer too.

Has anyone pinned down the cause of this, because right now it's smoking perfectly but I know it won't last.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK

Cyborgasm

Jan 8, 2009
U.S.
dse901, I'm very careful of not letting it pool at the top now and I do use a syringe to inject at the bottom if I feel the cart is getting "top heavy" but like I said I switch between topped off carts and half full carts and it seems to persist, for a while at least. I'm starting to think my atomizer is too wet, even though I only drip 1 drop on it after I drain and blow out my atomizers, other than that it's all cartridges for me.

I'll try "dry smoking" it without a cart the next time it happens.

cucurucho

ECF Veteran
This happens with my dse901 sometimes too. I find that blowing through the mouth end of the cartridge and wiping it down will solve the problem. I think that that the vapour can condense in the air passage on the side of the cart, so after blowing through it, I get a little bit of tissue, and stick it through the air passage to soak up any liquid in there. It's usually fine after this, and only happens again when I over fill the cart.

Edit: It can also happen if you suck to hard when inhaling.

Mufftrix

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2008
Stoke-On-Trent UK
Sometimes the atomiser can get to much liquid in and gets flooded (when it starts to gurgle a lot) if you take atomiser off and blow from end battery attaches to onto a piece of kitchen roll or toilet paper etc you will find that a lot of liquid comes out, also a lot of people take there atomisers off at night and stand on a piece of kitchen roll etc filter end down to remove excess liquid.

Cyborgasm

Jan 8, 2009
U.S.
I don't think the gurgle matters much, a little atleast. If it sounds like you're smoking a 4 foot .... you might have a problem.

As far as draining my atomizers, after i've used one for about 8 hours I put it in a shotglass with paper towel in the bottom battery end up for a day. A few minutes before I need it I blow into it on the battery end and put it back in the shotglass to drain for a couple minutes. Dab it on the paper towel to get the excess off the edge and drip 1 drop into the atomizer, let it sit for a few minutes and it's ready to go.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I have a penstyle from Puresmoker and get a mouthful when I over-fill cartridge AND draw too hard. I find it works best if you draw slower and not so short and fast. I also blow out my atomisers and drain them at night.

I think it has something to do with trying to replace that throat hit we got with analogs, so we tend to hit it harder. Try not completely topping-off, just 3-5 drops each time.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I just had a cart spit at me(coined term?) and I took off the cartridge puffed twice directly off the atomizer, took out the core and blew out the empty cartridge and it worked great.

I'm probably topping off too often. But I only top off when I get a nasty taste and low vapor so I dunno.

Finicky little buggers these e-devices....

Sounds like your cores (the white polyester in the cartridge) are not wicking properly (the prefilled ones might be dry and the core will only wick for so long)--order up some new blanks and fill them yourself. I get mine from www.puresmoker.com and they wick very well.

BiscuitSlayer

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Acworth, GA
My wife is having this problem more than I am. A couple of things that I have noticed are that:

A. She trys to pull shorter harder drags than I do. (Completely opposite to the way we smoked analogs)

B. We have been using different liquids with different viscocities. She was using the JC liquids, and I was using liquids from puresmoker.

When I have vaped JC liquids, I tend to get more leakage around the seam where the little hole is on the dse901. It seems to me, that they are a bit thinner (liquid viscosity) than the ecash liquids.

jimgman

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
delaware
its definitely overfilling. i used to suck in lots of liquid. it just takes practice of how much to put in. i end up topping off more often with less drops now, just to keep it wet. the liquid comes in through the 2 holes on the sides if the cart that go inside the atomizer. the plastic that goes into the atomizer has a tendency to get all wet, and the liquid will simply drip down into the air holes. i keep a tissue handy to dry the outside of the cart where the holes are when i top off.

rayross

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2009
Illinois, USA
I bought a bunch or carts with my kit and found they tasted like crap on a stick. I pulled out all the cores and cleaned them out in the sink. I dried and repacked the cores in the mouthpiece and they dont wick at all. I have 40 of these things. I either get too much liquid or the core melts on to the atomizer, there is no in between. I have prety much had to go back to analogs till the stupid chinese new year is over because nobody has cores. BUMMER.

I find that the cash liquid has so much flavor the I kind of like a good shot in the mouth. :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread