Sucking Liquid into my Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
So my RN 4081 (njoy Npro) arrived Saturday Morning. After initial charging, I totally love it most of the time, have only smoked a few analogs in the last couple of days! I'm having a problem with the liquid coming out into my mouth when I suck though. It seems to happen most of the time when I have a cartridge in it. When I drip onto the atomizer I use the blank cart, and that's fine, but when I have a cartridge in, even a new one, I get liquid coming out of the mouthpiece. I though maybe it was because I had dripped previously, so I blew out the atomizer, and let it dry for awhile, but it still seems to be happening.

Did I maybe soak the atomizer? I only put on one drip at a time, and it seems to work fine (lots of vapor) except for getting liquid in my mouth. Blech!

I'd try a different atomizer, but my spares haven't arrived yet.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
Dot

UkUsa

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2008
Smalltown Iowa, USA
Dot, i had the same problem when i got my 901. Still do occasionally but nowhere near as much. One of the main reasons was i was sucking too hard. A slow easy draw is the best way.

I don't know if the njoy carts are the same as the 901 so can't really advise on that. But if mine get liquid coming through i take the cart apart, wipe it off with a paper towel. Carefully wipe out the atomizer making sure no paper gets stuck to the bridge.

Hope some of that helps. Like i said, i had the same issues, it just takes a while getting used to your own ecig.

Good luck

JustJulie

CASAA
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2009
Des Moines, IA
If it's happening with a fresh cartridge, then I vote for either bad battery or improper inhaling technique (or perhaps even both).

I gave my sister a fresh DSE901 to try, and she sat there pulling on that puppy like there was no tomorrow . . . then got a horrible look on her face . . . yup, the dreaded niquid in mouth. She handed it back to me, I took a few puffs, and it was just fine. Handed it back to her--same story.

Eventually, she got the hang of it. :)

Anyway, one short puff to start heating the atomizer, then a long, slow, almost leisurely draw. If you suck hard and fast, you'll often get more liquid than vapor. :oops:

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
I think I've got this problem figured out. The two little holes in the side of the atomizer aren't lined up with the slots in the battery. The holes are covered up far into the screw part. I have to suck extra hard to get the atomizer to turn on because of this, thus the liquid is getting sucked up into the mouthpiece. If I unscrew it a bit so the holes are uncovered, the fit is very loose and wiggly, but the draw is easier.

If I just drip with an empty mouthpiece, it's fine. I think I need a new atomizer, so that the holes line up properly. Unfortunately, I don't have money for a new one until Friday, and then I'll have to wait for it to ship. I guess I'll just drip and pray that the atomizer doesn't burn out.

Thanks, guys!

sks412

Apr 1, 2009
Really glad to see that others have "sucked the juice" in. I was so excited that my new e-cig arrived and felt like totally inept that I couldn't get it to work properly. Fortunately, I had ordered some zero nicotine e-liquid and some empty carts, so I'm trying to get the hang of it without ODin' on nicotine. I'll post again when I get this thing to work ... hopefully it won't take me too long.

georgini

Jan 24, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
the nice thing about the njoy is the warranty so, i don't know if i would worry too much about burning out an atomizer , or as it sounds like the one you have it not made correctly.

i had the same problem with the the npro. If you look you can take the very tip off the cart and there is a small filter in there. remove that and dry up the end of the cart and you should be OK.

PowerfulDot

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Seattle, WA USA
the nice thing about the njoy is the warranty so, i don't know if i would worry too much about burning out an atomizer , or as it sounds like the one you have it not made correctly.

I think you're right on this one. Since I posted the first query about this, my atomizer is only producing vapor about once every 10 tries. The rest of the time, no vapor, no matter which battery I'm using. I've cleaned the atomizer out, let it dry overnight, blown it out, direct dripped OR used a cart, and none of this stuff is doing the trick. I think what was happening is that the atomizer wasn't working very well anyways, and with the holes not lining up, the airflow was crappy, too. D*** D*** D***!

I'll send the atomizer in for a replacement, but I have to wait several more days to order a new atomizer online. I'm going to order a penstyle from Puresmoker also. I'd like to get more vapor, and more battery and cart life anyhow. The NPro can become my backup later on. I'm going to have buy a few analogs in the meantime.

so2late4me

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Williston ND
i have same problem, i think it is my inhale technique but since i can't seem to get it any better I put a a peice of a pencil grip at the end og my cart, this moves mouth away from any leak that might happen without interfearing with vapor. grip catches any stray drops. am enjoing much better now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread