China's at it again... iHy Pure this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
yeah, clearly if there is a market there will be clones. you mean to tell me all car manufactures are completely original designs?

images

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
yeah, clearly if there is a market there will be clones. you mean to tell me all car manufactures are completely original designs?

images

Lol a BMW clone! I bet if you replace the emblems with original it would be hard to tell the difference unless you closely inspect it.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I'm all FOR cloning....so long as it is the PRODUCT cloned, and not the BRAND (don't copy the logos).

Here's the deal guys. Anyone who was willing to pay $200 dollars for a vape product....is going to pay that regardless. The people who buy the clones are people like me, who wouldn't pay $200 for a vape product in the first place (people LIKE me....I haven't bought any clones of anything...Im happy with a basic PV and some pro tanks/ carto tanks).

The people who buy the $200 product don't want the clones anyway. The clones give the rest of us a chance to have a neat vape toy.

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States
These mechanical mods are so freaking overpriced its ridiculous. Its a steal, brass, or aluminum tube that holds a battery if anything they should be cheaper than vv and vw devices. Im glad they are getting cloned

But the buttery smooth threads!

I spent a good chunk of change on my electric angel. I think it was worth every penny. It's a bit sentimental for me due to the fact my mother is from Finland, she moved here when she was 18. Other mods I'm not so sentimental for. Such as the caravela or chi you. I may pick of one of those clones and not even bat an eye.

E_DeCastro

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
SOCAL, USA
But the buttery smooth threads!

I spent a good chunk of change on my electric angel. I think it was worth every penny. It's a bit sentimental for me due to the fact my mother is from Finland, she moved here when she was 18. Other mods I'm not so sentimental for. Such as the caravela or chi you. I may pick of one of those clones and not even bat an eye.

a little but of bullet case resizing lube goes a long way. my M16 clone is buttery smooth.

Steakjuice

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Toronto, ON Canada
These mechanical mods are so freaking overpriced its ridiculous. Its a steal, brass, or aluminum tube that holds a battery if anything they should be cheaper than vv and vw devices. Im glad they are getting cloned

The markup is likely ridiculously high on them, but that goes for a lot of luxury/premium products. Bottom line, if someone wants to spend that money for authenticity, that's their prerogative, but I sure as heck will not judge anyone for getting a clone that functions practically identically for a fraction of the price.

shawnski

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Let's not forget the originals are hand turned on a lathe not mass produced but I agree cloning give vapers not in a financially stable situation a opertunity to try a device you need to stalk forums and wait on long lists a pay outrageous prices for.
The thing that pisses me off is all this talk and hate for cloning , have we all forgot the soul reason we all started vaping.
It's all about not smoking,!!!!!!!
But somehow it turned into a huge you copied my design and political rant on how china did this and china is taking over.
I thought china was the one who created the e cig. Oh well enough because I am just about not smoking and I will buy what I want....l and I don't care who says they never bought a china device or clone product, bull, you have........

Camaroboi13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2013
San Bernardino, CA, USA
Lol, if you read my sig you can surely tell which side of the fence I am on. I chose the clone simply because I was tired of waiting on the real thing and I ended up buying 3 clones for the price of one real deal. Simple as that. Are there differences? Ofcourse there are. Do I care? Not one bit :)

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread