Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I saw Rave again today and she is a lot better but not without some problems. She was awake almost the whole 6 hrs I was there. PT took a lot out of her so she took a short nap after that. She looks good and is back to her 'ol feisty self but is still having a lot of pain in her spine which I'll get to later. They told her this morning that she has a urinary infection and an infection in her blood. She is on antibiotics and the drs are working on what this infection is in her blood. She went for a short walk in the hall with a walker with no problems other than it being tiring for her. Her spine is what is causing so much pain. Her chiropractor x rays showed 4 crushed vertebrates. This is caused by degenerative bone disease. She'll be having an MRI for this when she is out of the hospital and feeling up to it. Surgery is not out of the question. Unfortunately she was not discharged today but she is very hopeful for tomorrow. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. ;)

I read each of your posts to her and she had a big smile on her face. :) Thank you all!

More when I know more.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning Voltpeeps.

Who knew roofing was so complicated? The roofers I wasn't too impressed with never did get back to me with an estimate. I was looking at installing metal roofing online and it looks difficult to do properly. You have ice shield, tar paper and roofing paper before you even install the metal. Then there are starter pieces and edge pieces and cap pieces. Good golly!

I then looked up metal roofers in Reno hoping to get some new leads. I did get some new leads but I am realizing that a roof even of shingles would be a fair amount of money and it will certainly be more for metal. I'm thinking I better start saving up for this right away. No dinners out and no fancy projects.

I'm still doing the front porch since that will save us money on A/C all summer!!!! And keep the thunderstorms from blowing rain directly onto the storm door. Also, I saved up the money and I can do it myself.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
The box idea is great. I have an internal box where I keep all of those that are in my heart. They are always in my thoughts.

Yesterday I west to the neurologist. we now have an EMG scheduled for Righty. He has referred me to an Orthopedic Surgeon for my back. AND this morning I have an MRI. The cervical and thoracic regions will be scanned for new MS lesions and the lumbar region will be scanned for degeneration. BTW - when I had the MRI in the hospital of my head they said that I had no new brain lesions. YAY! So ... the Copaxone is doing a great job. Better go get ready. But ... I don't wanna!

Last edited:

JoAnnW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
B'more MD
Happy Friday Volties!

All of you have been in my thoughts but sending special thoughts and prayers for Rave, Uncle and Mr. & Mrs. Wuzz.

Hopefully you will see progress with your hand very soon Rave. MRI's are never fun but they are necessary.

Take care all and have a great weekend. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I don't have Bald Eagles but I get as big a thrill out of the Pileated Woodpeckers. :D
This was taken through the screen door on my slider so it isn't very clear.

Piliated.jpg

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltatics.

Rave, I sure hope that the antibiotics start working sooner rather than later.

I've seen Uncle lurking a bit, every now and then, but no posts. Hmmmmm?

Wuzz, hope you're having a bodacious day and Mrs. Wuzz is doing well.

Tritium, there was an 800 number at the end of the video. Feel free to give them a call and have one delivered to me (at your expense of course), you have my address! Although they're little big to be using in the yard, but what the hey.

Lizzie, wisteria can also be an invasive pest and needs to be controlled. It does look pretty when in bloom though.

Yesterday was like summer here, mid 80's and lots of sun. Then, about three the dark clouds, black actually, moved in and the weather radio went off with a thunderstorm warning. It did rain, pretty hard, but only for about a half hour. By 7:30 last night we were down to 58 degrees. It's only about 50 out now and cloudy. So much for summer. It is spring time and the weather does tend to oscillate a bit until the warm finally wins out.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
Wuzz, hope you're having a bodacious day and Mrs. Wuzz is doing well.

@Wuzznt Me I'm still praying for you and Mrs. Wuzz.

Just speed read back a few and grabbed these two quotes but to all the rest of you who have offered up prayer on our behalf, a heartfelt thank you. I had to get out of bed and ride the pain train and I'm waiting for my Tramadol to kick in so I can get back to sleep. My Bride has been on immunotherapy for a few months now and the first scan showed her tumor as being worse as well as starting to show signs of another spot. She had another scan last Friday which we will get the full results of next Monday on infusion day. We did get some encouraging news today though. She had a follow up visit with the Radiation Oncologist and he had read the report. He said it showed it as not having progressed since the first scan after starting the new treatment but he had not seen the scan itself. He can't do any more radiation without paralyzing her so I'm not even sure why we have to keep going back there but at least we did get that ray of hope to hold on to until next Monday.

@rave , hope they get your pain under control and fix what's causing it soon. About three nights a week mine runs me out of bed but isn't anywhere near what you're going through and I make it through most days without any medication.

@Uncle , Know what you mean about not feeling like posting much but it's always a relief to see you. Glad you're on the road to recovery my old friend.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Wonderful to hear from you, Kia. It's been too long. So you are still vaping????

Wuzz, you and your beautiful bride are often in my thoughts.

Raven, you are in my thoughts, as well.

JoAnne - Thank you for your kind thoughts about us losing our two wonderful dogs and, yes, they passed away too young at 9 or 10 years of age and certainly very close together. Cash, the new puppy, is adorable and still growing into his role as companion.

Uncle, glad we heard from you. I know it has been rough but I still think that it takes time to recover fully from an operation of that magnitude and I think you will improve over time and as they control your other issues like infection.

It is rather chilly and windy today and a chance of rain. Of course, I am still managing to do some weeding:) I have the wood stove running so I can warm up when I come inside.

Last edited:

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
We have EIGHT dump trucks full of fill dirt arriving here. It's one of the perks of being a Utilities Locater that you have contact with a great number of contractors. My son was talking to one that had to get rid of fill dirt somewhere. He directed them to his house site which has areas that need to be filled in and then graded. My driveway is gonna be a dump truck highway for awhile. The first one already arrived. It was HUGE!! I worried that it wouldn't make it down there. And, that it might hit one of my security cameras. It just barely squeezed through. :unsure: Since my future daughter in law is still of work due to the torn ligament in her shoulder, she is able to direct where to put the dirt. I foresee more mud on my floors. Better not be. Someone will have to deal with the wrath of a ticked off wood nymph! :glare: I had a "discussion" with my son about it last night.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Uncle, I don't know who said what, or care. An idiot is an idiot. It amazes me that we are in the 21st century and some people seem to be stuck in the 1500s. Don't let them get to you!

THANKS - I appreciate the support, however NO ONE said anything to "Me" . . . It is just the tenor/content of certain post that I have no control (nor want control) over that I have been reading (worse area is the New Members Thread and some of the Help type threads) . . . AND - While I know people are without a doubt and can be insensitive to others and/or misinterpret someone's intent in what they say in a post -- some times I just want to scream "GIVE THEM A BREAK" and get off your "Holier-than- thou" attitude . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Anyway - Moving ON . . . "We" should get back to more "Voltville" related stuff and conversations . . .

AND - On That Note . . .

@Wuzznt Me . . .
Isn't it GREAT (< Sarcasm) that at this stage of the game "We" are forgetting those special days, especially when they are "Our" own . . . :rolleyes: :facepalm:
If Ya' Only Knew . . . :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

congrats3.gif

Last edited:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Hey Volties,
Rave came over yesterday and as usual we spent a quiet afternoon and evening chatting and vaping. For dinner we had 2" thick rib-eye steak smothered with morels that Rave and her BF picked, breaded shrimp, sugar-snap peas and grape tomato's dipped in Ranch dressing. It was so good! :)

Then this morning we went to Bluesprings Caverns. That's the one where you ride in a boat to explore the cavern. We picked the perfect time to go. We were the only ones there so we got our own private tour and the guide was very nice and informative and even let us vape while we explored the cavern. :banana: It was so cool...and so peaceful. At one point she turned off the boat lights and her flashlight and it was so dark you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. Then she demonstrated the echo down there. She slapped one of the seat cushions, which also served as a flotation device, against the seat and it sounded like thunder it was so loud and the echo sounded like thunder rolling through the clouds. The echo lasted for a good 10 - 15 seconds. Too cool! The trip lasted around 45 minutes I'd say then we browsed the gift shop and bought a few things then came home. It was a great day, a great adventure and so much fun. :) We got a bunch of brochures of other caves to explore. I can't wait. :)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Twilight Zone
The funny part of "aches and pains", for me, is that I ache when sitting or relaxing but when I get moving it all goes away...until I stop again.

Same here. I'm ok as long as I keep moving. It's when I lay down and while I'm sleeping intense back pain creeps in until it wakes me. My hands ache in the morning until I start working them. It'd be real easy to just take it easy because I didn't get any sleep or give my bones a rest but that's the worse mistake I could make. Some days I have to push it to get started and in about a half hour I'm fine. There's a lot of people my age that are semi invalid so I really feel blessed to be able to do what I do and wear people half my age out trying to keep up with me lol.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My grandbaby that wasn't due until August was born yesterday morning at 12:40 a.m. May 16, she weighs 620 grams about 1 lb 6 oz, and is 11.5 inches long. She is so so tiny. She is breathing on her own right now and maintaining her blood pressure. She will be in the hospital until August. Just keep my grandbaby & me and my family in your prayers.

0c4ae3eff22ae6e7d76a474190ad563f.jpg

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
My grandbaby that wasn't due until August was born yesterday morning at 12:40 a.m. May 16, she weighs 620 grams about 1 lb 6 oz, and is 11.5 inches long. She is so so tiny. She is breathing on her own right now and maintaining her blood pressure. She will be in the hospital until August. Just keep my grandbaby & me and my family in your prayers.

0c4ae3eff22ae6e7d76a474190ad563f.jpg
I have never posted in this thread, but I have been reading the posts here lately. After reading your post I just had to post. Your grandbaby is so precious, and what an amazing story to tell her one day :) I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
moanin', Voltatics.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend, Lizzie. I went to my daughters on Saturday and "held the ladder" while SIL painted. When I got home I worked in the yard on the mulch pile project. Worked on that again on Sunday as well and it's pretty much a done project...well after another ten or fifteen loads of manufactured top soil are produced LOL. Yesterday we both just vegged out. I grilled Delmonico steaks for dinner and Mrs. Awsum made roasted potatoes with parmesan. Dessert was chocolate chip cream cheese pound cake with strawberries and whipped cream. After this weekend I'll be on starvation or my pants won't fit anymore.

Time to take the weed wacker for a long walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread