Not open for further replies.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
:thumbs:
I love the look of those plastic top caps. One of the things I didn't like about the metal ones was that it made it look so clunky. So the chimney reaches OK for you? I didn't like the way it just barely kissed the o-ring on the metal top cap. Maybe a little better fit on the plastic one, huh? My Orchid's taking a break. I had been using my gennies for awhile and got used to the tight draw - now Orch's a little too airy, so switched to my KFL+ V2 for now. Still saving up for the Aqua V2. Then I'm done. (yeah, right :laugh: )

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good afternoon, Voltpeeps.

Yep, I am late arriving today:)

Hubby got all the roofing on the shade cover. It is wonderful. The temps here are back within the realm of reason...81 degrees today. I helped Hubby which meant that I could mostly sit in the shade and bring him cold water:)

The teenager showed up and did a better job at keeping busy today. Thank goodness. She cleaned the horse pen and the goat pen. Yes, it took her two and a half hours so she is slow but at least it is done. And she didn't spend forever on her breaks.

Looks like we will be going to town tomorrow so Hubby can get work shoes and help me grocery shop. While we are there we can eat out at the Thai restaurant.

I'll see if I can get a few photos up tomorrow from our four wheeling adventure and the shade cover.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Yeah-- my chimneys just barely go through the o-ring on the standard plastic top-cap. It looks like the chimney is barely touching on the plastic top-fill. I might put another o-ring on the chimney. Can't see that it is leaking, though. Mine are not too airy, since I am still plugging one hole with a bit of cotton-- on duals, though, that might not work. Maybe some time I will try a dual, but not that interested in huge clouds.

ETA. It dumped on me. The standard black o-rings are a bit fatter. I moved the red one it came with to the top of the chimney, and put the fatter black one in the slot.

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
I don't call them "forecasters" anymore, "guessers" is a lot closer. In fact, here, it's more like overacting than anything else.

Now I like ours or should I say one of ours - he will actually forecast something outside what the models are saying and give a reason he believes the models are not accurate - he is usually right.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Well, it is lovely here today with reasonable temps in the high 70s and lots of shade on the back of the house:)

Of course, no rain although they are threatening us with a chance of rain Thursday. I'll believe it when I see it.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
It has been cool the last couple days here, or at least compared to the 90s we have been having here for a while, it is 60 degrees here today. It is funny how 60 can feel cool when you are used to 90s for a while. My husky has been loving this weather the last couple of days :) We have been playing outside alot during the day. He is smart and naps inside on and off all day when it is hot outside. I love my little buddy :)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Lizzie, I could look at pics of your little horsies playing all day!!!

So I have been freezing my tail off up here cuz it's been in the low fifties everyday, not to mention drizzly, misty, rainy icky weather! I wonder if Sandy was getting it too? Anyway it's sunny and beautiful this evening. If it's pretty tomorrow we're going to Lake Placid.... I love there. I also hope to go to The St. Lawrence Seaway to watch the ships come in (again)!

SandySu

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 24, 2011
    Trumansburg, NY
    Lizzie, I could look at pics of your little horsies playing all day!!!

So I have been freezing my tail off up here cuz it's been in the low fifties everyday, not to mention drizzly, misty, rainy icky weather! I wonder if Sandy was getting it too? Anyway it's sunny and beautiful this evening. If it's pretty tomorrow we're going to Lake Placid.... I love there. I also hope to go to The St. Lawrence Seaway to watch the ships come in (again)!

Yes, we've had unseasonably cool weather for about a week, but before that, it was in the mid to high 80s. I wish I could join you at the St. Lawrence Seaway! I've always wanted to see the castle there. See Boldt Castle welcomes you to visit one of the St. Lawrence River's premier attraction, located in the 1000 Islands, near Alexandria Bay, NY for details. And when I was in Ogdensburg, up that way, I toured the Frederic Remington museum. See Home Frederic Remington Art Museum, Ogdensburg, New York If you like western art, you'll enjoy it. It's small, in an old house.

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    Cool pics Lizzie. I love the way you've built a paradise out there. That new shade cover is neat. I need something like that here.

Bout time for you to head back south Celtic lol. Imagine spending a winter up there when you're used to our temps. After you live in the heat for a while your blood gets a little thin and you're not cold weather tolerant. When I lived in Jersey it didn't bother me at all. Last time I was up there I refused to go outside for anything more than a dash to the car and they had to warm it up before I'd try that lol.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Celt, they are adorable, aren't they?

Thanks, Wuzz, we feel that we have terraformed our place into a lovely slice of paradise:)

The shade cover is truly wonderful. It keeps the sun off the windows and back of the house starting early and that keeps the heat build up down. The cooler it is near the house, the cooler you feel inside the house.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Yes, we've had unseasonably cool weather for about a week, but before that, it was in the mid to high 80s. I wish I could join you at the St. Lawrence Seaway! I've always wanted to see the castle there. See Boldt Castle welcomes you to visit one of the St. Lawrence River's premier attraction, located in the 1000 Islands, near Alexandria Bay, NY for details. And when I was in Ogdensburg, up that way, I toured the Frederic Remington museum. See Home Frederic Remington Art Museum, Ogdensburg, New York If you like western art, you'll enjoy it. It's small, in an old house.
    oh wow!!! I will want see those places!!! Excited

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Thanks, Wuzz, we feel that we have terraformed our place into a lovely slice of paradise:)
    LOL. When I imagine "terraforming" in the context of the American Southwest, I see lush green lawns and a near forest, with sprinklers going 12 hours a day. You have the best compromise between comfort and respect for a difficult ecology.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread