classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Incidentally, Rave, you really should try the sweet potatoes with pecans and brown sugar, They don't taste anything like regular sweet potatoes.

Absolutely !!
My Mom makes this...and melts/browns marshmallows on top

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Awsum - you almost made sweet potatoes sound good! Almost. :facepalm:

Rave - I do not care for sweet potatoes either (truth can't stand them), but can eat (still not my favorite) sweet potato fried/baked chips. Might be worth a try if you so desire.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Yeah. I developed a pretty strong extractor arm, and feel for when the combs were empty. Lots of practice. He would even occasionally let me uncap, but I could never get it right.
Working honey is actually harder than many would think! Even so more when all of the fancy equipment used today is not used. Did you hear the "no scents, perfumes, or anything can be used for the next few days" speech as well? :)

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
It was a no-go on the sweet potato french fries. My future daughter-in-law made 'em from scratch awhile back. Nope. :blush: On the bright side, I found out that you can glean 350mg of potassium from one serving of Lay's Potato Chips!! :w00t:

I'm pretty much packed and ready to head out the door, but waiting for the time to leave. Thank goodness that the younguns are always here to take care of the critters. Remember how I said that it was raining ridiculously hard yesterday? Well, it did the same thing all night. This morning, I measured the depth in a pitcher that I left out empty yesterday morning. We got 6 1/8" in 24 hours. It's still either raining or I'm hearing tree-pee. The creek is up!

:glug:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I am responsible for about half of that list. :facepalm:

Then that's not "Honey Do" list . . . It's I gotta get "My" .... Movin' List . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Beans are okay, but I tend to avoid them because they are a starch. Mostly, I live on fruits, raw vegetables, and meat. Oh - and one yogurt in the morning. No breads or other starches if I can avoid them.

Well - "You" do know that there are different starches - Good vs Bad - Right ? ? ? AND - That there are also Starches in many Fruits & Vegetables (i.e., Complex Carbohydrates) . . . BTW: I know all to well that it doesn't leave much to eat if Ya' are avoiding certain foods, but eventually "You" just got to feed yourself . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Your post was a masterpiece of multiquotes, Uncle.

As always... :D

:blush: . . . Thanks . . . :facepalm: I do appreciate the compliment, and thankfully with the New ECF Interface "Multi-Quoting" is so much easier . . . :thumbs:

I'm heading to New York tomorrow... it's gonna be a long drive! We're spreading my Gramma's ashes and then it'll be a little bit of a vacation. Might very well be the last trip up there, then again ya never know what the future holds.;)

Really hope the trip to NY with Your Grandma brings "You" and Your Family back all the memories of JOY & FUN that Ya' shared with her . . .
family_in_the_van.gif

Braggs ACV . . .
Might not work for everybody but just sharing what works for me.

AND - How would "We" know, unless Ya' do share . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

You can modify the hosts file of the user and any site will go to ecf.

BAD . . . AND - So, VERY WRONG . . .
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-077.gif

It was a no-go on the sweet potato french fries. My future daughter-in-law made 'em from scratch awhile back. Nope. :blush:

Sorry to say . . . Then they weren't made right - NEED to be Double Fried/Baked . . . Then they are VERY Crisp on the outside and "Fluffy" on the inside . . . Just like a regular beautifully crisp - French Fry . . . NOW - A lot of different recipes here, some with a varity of flavor inhancers, but all with the same technique that will produce those crispy fries: Sweet Potato Fries Recipe - Low-cholesterol.Food.com

On the bright side, I found out that you can glean 350mg of potassium from one serving of Lay's Potato Chips!! :w00t:

OH - Then "You" would love "Sweet Potato" Chips which are so much crispier & tasty . . .
1fe4ib.jpg

AND - Although they cost more - they can be found in most grocery stores and online too . . . "My" Favorite are "Terra's" . . . AND - Then "You" can also make them yourself in the oven too - very similar to the Fries, however they are cut into chips instead: Baked Sweet Potato Chips | Minimalist Baker Recipes

OH BTW: ALthough I posted this information before when "Terry" was having a problem and NEEDED some alternatives for her addiction to potato chips - Ya' can also buy and/or make chips from other vegetables - like Beets - too . . .
emote.img

I'm pretty much packed and ready to head out the door, but waiting for the time to leave.

Although it is for other reasons, I really hope that "You" and the Family have a very pleasant and even enjoyable reunion remembering "Your" sister and the FUN you all had throughout life . . .

Make sure to be safe on those roads and just remember that "You" NEED to return to "Voltville" ASAP . . .

or I'm hearing tree-pee.

anim-question-mark-smiley-75.gif
BTW: Isn't that called "sap" . . .
1lg143treehug.gif

Or - Was it really from some "Tree House" . . .
images

:facepalm:

I'm here, Rave.

NICE ! ! !
25.gif

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Then that's not "Honey Do" list . . . It's I gotta get "My" .... Movin' List . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Yea I know, you are so right sir.

:blush: . . . Thanks . . . :facepalm: I do appreciate the compliment, and thankfully with the New ECF Interface "Multi-Quoting" is so much easier . . .

It was meant as a compliment - a well earned one at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread