Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

Thank you for the update, Terry.

Raven, I am hoping you get out of that hospital today!!

I decided a fire in the wood stove and the patio door open would be perfect this morning because it is raining. Yay.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
'moanin, Voltatics.

At least the sun is out here, for a change, and the wind has dropped under 10mph. It's still kind of cool for this time of year, but it is spring and the weather fronts are doing their bi-yearly battle yet again.

It hasn't been much of a week for me. Started with a friend of over 50 years dying Sunday night/Monday morning. Then I started feeling crappy and have the flu. Then Rave being in the hospital. My x-wife fell and broke her hip yesterday and my son is going in for a cardiac catheterization tomorrow, and Mom and Dad won't be there. At least the flu will go away eventually.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
'moanin, Voltatics.

At least the sun is out here, for a change, and the wind has dropped under 10mph. It's still kind of cool for this time of year, but it is spring and the weather fronts are doing their bi-yearly battle yet again.

It hasn't been much of a week for me. Started with a friend of over 50 years dying Sunday night/Monday morning. Then I started feeling crappy and have the flu. Then Rave being in the hospital. My x-wife fell and broke her hip yesterday and my son is going in for a cardiac catheterization tomorrow, and Mom and Dad won't be there. At least the flu will go away eventually.

You are having a rough week.

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
@awsum140 I hope you shake that flu quickly and all goes well for your son tomorrow.

I'm so happy to hear that Rave is recovered enough to go home, I'm thinking it will be much easier for her to get her strength back in the woods where she feels comfortable. Thanks for all the updates Terry.

It's snowing like crazy here, and it's sticking! :nah: It might switch over to freezing rain or sleet later. Ah, spring time!

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
We had some "lumpy" rain yesterday but nothing accumulated. North and west of here did get some on grassy surfaces. Just the normal battle of the warm air and cold air masses as the season change.

The "x's" surgery has been postponed for some testing, cardiac and pulmonary, and to build up her platelets. That, in turn, has put off my son's procedure. I should be over the flu by then so, in a way, things are working out.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Awsum, I haven't back read so I don't know what is going on with you and your family but ditto what the others have said.

Thank you all for the kind words and support for Rave. I'm sure she will be here as soon as she is able.

As for me...I'm just doing what any good friend would do and I know she would do the same for me or anyone else important to her.

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Awum, Prayers for you, your son, your ex-wife, and your friends family. :nun::nun::nun: I hope everyone is feeling better soon and just know that your friend won't have to be in this world of suffering and hate any longer. He is at peace but I know those left behind feel the pain of loss. Prayer of comfort and peace are being sent y'alls way. :wub::nun:

YAY!!!! Rave's going home!!!:banana::banana::banana: @tmcase Give my best to Rave for a speedy recovery. I know being at home surrounded by her haven is extraordinarily healing for her. My prayers and good vibes/healing thoughts go out to her and to you as I know it broke your heart seeing her in that condition. Much love to you both:wub::wub::wub:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    'moanin, Voltatics.

Im sorry you have been having a rough time. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that things get better and your loved ones are watched over.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Hello, Voltmaniacs.

I hope we are on track for all the Voltpeeps we are concerned about to have a better week.

We did the first well tests yesterday. Yesterday went pretty smoothly although it took us 4 hours to do 6 people. Then, a person called us and asked when we were coming. Apparently I told them we would do their well testing but I forgot so we ran down there. It was five hours total. We have to speed this up in the future. My co-helper likes to talk. Which is okay to a certain extent.

Driving into town today to drop off the water samples.

Then,m I have to meet Hubby in Carson city to see his new doctor. It is a rheumatologist. He has psoriasis and he hasn't ever seen a doctor that cares so hopefully he will find this doctor to be helpful.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    'moaning, Voltpsychotics.

Thank you, all, for the well wishes. The "X" got a green light from the pulmonologist and is waiting for the verdict from the cardiologist before getting a pin/rod placed in her hip. Turns out that was her second fall in two days, the first being onto her knees on Friday which left her with two swollen knees. My son is postponing his procedure until after her surgery. I'm starting to feel a little more, what passes for, normal. Less achy and feverish.

Lizzie, what kind of tests are you doing? I routinely, well yearly, check Ph, iron, manganese, Sulphur and a bunch of others. I also test, with a meter, for particulants.

Never mind, just saw you're running the samples to a lab, DUHHHHH!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    'moaning, Voltpsychotics.

Thank you, all, for the well wishes. The "X" got a green light from the pulmonologist and is waiting for the verdict from the cardiologist before getting a pin/rod placed in her hip. Turns out that was her second fall in two days, the first being onto her knees on Friday which left her with two swollen knees. My son is postponing his procedure until after her surgery. I'm starting to feel a little more, what passes for, normal. Less achy and feverish.

Lizzie, what kind of tests are you doing? I routinely, well yearly, check Ph, iron, manganese, Sulphur and a bunch of others. I also test, with a meter, for particulants.

Never mind, just saw you're running the samples to a lab, DUHHHHH!

Best of luck to the ex and your son. Glad you are feeling better.

The one is more or less a minerals test and there is a bacteria test.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread