Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
First . . .
dont-worry-be-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif

THANKS EVERYONE - I appreciate the words of encouragement & support . . .
boy-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

NOW - Although, I am not experiencing anything near what our @rave and "Mrs. Wuzz" is going through at the moment - I'm still around, however I'm just being a . . .
sign41.gif

As for not posting as much - honestly I am not feeling it (Physically, mentally, & emotionally - yet) & I really am not up to par yet either . . . Just plan tired most of the time . . .AND - Even though I am being allowed to go through "Cardiac Rehab" for the past couple of weeks - it has been extremely limited . . . Also I had a couple of X-Rays done this past month and they found that I have "fluid" in one of "My" lungs that NEEDS to be dealt with too . . . So all in all - I'm alright . . .​

"My" Body
happy-pillow-fight-games-smiley-emoticon.gif
"My" Emotions

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Prayers for my Voltville Family! @rave I'm hoping they can Identify whatever that crap is that has taken such a strong hold on your body. @Uncle You are still getting prayers/good vibes/ and thoughts sent your way, deal with it! :sneaky::p We :wub: you and want y'all better and back with us full time. @Wuzznt Me I'm still praying for you and Mrs. Wuzz.

Hi Volties! :):):)

Wuzznt Me

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2011
    Twilight Zone
    Wuzz, hope you're having a bodacious day and Mrs. Wuzz is doing well.

@Wuzznt Me I'm still praying for you and Mrs. Wuzz.

Just speed read back a few and grabbed these two quotes but to all the rest of you who have offered up prayer on our behalf, a heartfelt thank you. I had to get out of bed and ride the pain train and I'm waiting for my Tramadol to kick in so I can get back to sleep. My Bride has been on immunotherapy for a few months now and the first scan showed her tumor as being worse as well as starting to show signs of another spot. She had another scan last Friday which we will get the full results of next Monday on infusion day. We did get some encouraging news today though. She had a follow up visit with the Radiation Oncologist and he had read the report. He said it showed it as not having progressed since the first scan after starting the new treatment but he had not seen the scan itself. He can't do any more radiation without paralyzing her so I'm not even sure why we have to keep going back there but at least we did get that ray of hope to hold on to until next Monday.

@rave , hope they get your pain under control and fix what's causing it soon. About three nights a week mine runs me out of bed but isn't anywhere near what you're going through and I make it through most days without any medication.

@Uncle , Know what you mean about not feeling like posting much but it's always a relief to see you. Glad you're on the road to recovery my old friend.

kia2

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2012
    USA
    Hello, old friends.

I've missed you all. I answered a CASAA vape survey today, and it made me a little "homesick," so to speak. So, I came to see the ol' homestead.

But I see life has dealt us all some doozies, lately. My thoughts are with you all (Uncle, Rave, Wuzz... and everyone, really).

Much loves, all!

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Wonderful to hear from you, Kia. It's been too long. So you are still vaping????

Wuzz, you and your beautiful bride are often in my thoughts.

Raven, you are in my thoughts, as well.

JoAnne - Thank you for your kind thoughts about us losing our two wonderful dogs and, yes, they passed away too young at 9 or 10 years of age and certainly very close together. Cash, the new puppy, is adorable and still growing into his role as companion.

Uncle, glad we heard from you. I know it has been rough but I still think that it takes time to recover fully from an operation of that magnitude and I think you will improve over time and as they control your other issues like infection.

It is rather chilly and windy today and a chance of rain. Of course, I am still managing to do some weeding:) I have the wood stove running so I can warm up when I come inside.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Just speed read back a few and grabbed these two quotes but to all the rest of you who have offered up prayer on our behalf, a heartfelt thank you. I had to get out of bed and ride the pain train and I'm waiting for my Tramadol to kick in so I can get back to sleep. My Bride has been on immunotherapy for a few months now and the first scan showed her tumor as being worse as well as starting to show signs of another spot. She had another scan last Friday which we will get the full results of next Monday on infusion day. We did get some encouraging news today though. She had a follow up visit with the Radiation Oncologist and he had read the report. He said it showed it as not having progressed since the first scan after starting the new treatment but he had not seen the scan itself. He can't do any more radiation without paralyzing her so I'm not even sure why we have to keep going back there but at least we did get that ray of hope to hold on to until next Monday.

@rave , hope they get your pain under control and fix what's causing it soon. About three nights a week mine runs me out of bed but isn't anywhere near what you're going through and I make it through most days without any medication.

@Uncle , Know what you mean about not feeling like posting much but it's always a relief to see you. Glad you're on the road to recovery my old friend.
    I will keep You and your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

kia2

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2012
    USA
    Wonderful to hear from you, Kia. It's been too long. So you are still vaping????

Yes, I am still vaping. It's helped me a lot, to give up the tobacco cigarettes. If there is anything in my body which is actually ok, it is my heart and lungs.

I retired officially from work in December 2013 for medical reasons. Unfortunately, it took nearly 2-1/2 years and a lawyer to finalize my retirement, and my health insurance went into limbo for that time. It is the last step needed before I can return to my doctors.

I had two surgeries in 2014. I'm still recovering, but more or less feeling ok. When I returned and saw the friends' hardships here, I felt immediate kinship and care, and I very much wish everyone well again, or at least the love from my heart.

Last edited:

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Yes, I am still vaping. It's helped me a lot, to give up the tobacco cigarettes. If there is anything in my body which is actually ok, it is my heart and lungs.

I retired officially from work in December 2013 for medical reasons. Unfortunately, it took nearly 2-1/2 years and a lawyer to finalize my retirement, and my health insurance went into limbo for that time. It is the last step needed before I can return to my doctors.

I had two surgeries in 2014. I'm still recovering, but more or less feeling ok. When I returned and saw the friends' hardships here, I felt immediate kinship and care, and I very much wish everyone well again, or at least the love from my heart.

I do not think we have met :) So, nice to meet you :) It sounds like you have had a long 3 years. I am glad things seem to be leveling out for you, and that you are recovering ok :) I will put you into my prayers as well :)

celticluvr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Many Prayers Wuzz for there to be good news. :nun:

@kia2 I know we haven't been introduced be I have seen your posts before. I'm glad you stopped by and am glad the you are getting better and situations are finally straightening up. I know that's gotta be a relief to ya. ;)

Hi Voltmaniacs:p

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 7, 2012
    Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
    Kia - Geez, sounds like you have been through the ringer with your retirement and health. I'm glad things are getting back on track for you.

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Lots and lots of weeding yesterday. I'm certainly giving weed removal my best shot. I do believe I have done the best weeding job ever this year.

Lots to do and less time to do it:) The house is getting behind, darn it but the yard looks good. I have to clean a house and then I have errands to run.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Rave, keep on hanging in there, a solution will be found and you'll get back to your old self, plus!

Uncle, that's a lot of surgery and other problems so getting back to normal, attitude wise, will take some time as well....but you know all that already.

Wuzz, you and Mrs. Wuzz re in my thoughts way more often that you may think.

Kia, nice to see you back and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time. Again, things will improve with time.

I didn't feel very good yesterday, legs and hips were giving me fits and ibuprophin didn't do anything to help. It was a cool, rainy, day and that sure didn't help much. Today is much the same only a little windier. I did manage to pay some bills, run them to the post orifice, do some shoping at Wally World and rebuild an RTA for Mrs. Awsum and an RTA for myself. I love how an RTA with rayon wicks can go for months before needing a rebuild.

The hi-res video camera captured another robin yesterday, this time in flight with full wing spread. Interesting to see how translucent feathers really are. The red rectangle is the detection zone in the surveillance software.

spread-wings.JPG

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    moanin, Voltaticalytes.

Rave, keep on hanging in there, a solution will be found and you'll get back to your old self, plus!

Uncle, that's a lot of surgery and other problems so getting back to normal, attitude wise, will take some time as well....but you know all that already.

Wuzz, you and Mrs. Wuzz re in my thoughts way more often that you may think.

Kia, nice to see you back and I'm sorry to hear you've had such a difficult time. Again, things will improve with time.

I didn't feel very good yesterday, legs and hips were giving me fits and ibuprophin didn't do anything to help. It was a cool, rainy, day and that sure didn't help much. Today is much the same only a little windier. I did manage to pay some bills, run them to the post orifice, do some shoping at Wally World and rebuild an RTA for Mrs. Awsum and an RTA for myself. I love how an RTA with rayon wicks can go for months before needing a rebuild.

The hi-res video camera captured another robin yesterday, this time in flight with full wing spread. Interesting to see how translucent feathers really are. The red rectangle is the detection zone in the surveillance software.

View attachment 550058
    Wow, that is an amazing picture! Robins are beautiful.
    I hope your feeling better today.

After I eat something I am going to go outside and finish cleaning out one of my ponds. I normally have them cleaned out by now, but I got behind this past year with my side hurting for a year. The main doctors office in my town really sucks! I went a year with side pains, and they could not figure out what it was. Had all of my organs looked at (It was a relief when the results came back good for them.). Then, I got accepted at a private doctors office, and in one visit they found out what was wrong with me, and drew blood (the other doctors did not even do blood work over the year) my blood work came back great. Acid reflux was causing the side pain up under my rib and the nausea and pain. The other side pain that starts on my right side and goes towards my back has finally stopped as well. I thought there was something wrong with me for a while, and I thank God that it was not anything serious.
    So I got behind on a few things. It is so nice to be able to get out and do stuff again!

Qew

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 5, 2012
    Michigan
    Sorry for the 'like' bombs, I'm caught up now. :) That camera is catching some great pics, awsum! It's nice to see the absent folks stopping in again and letting us know how they're doing, @JoAnnW and @kia2 ,even when the news is not all sunshine and buttercups. Speaking of buttercups, I wonder how @cindycated is doing?

It's a dreary, rainy day here, but it's not snowing! YAY!

Hang in there everyone, I know this whole group is pulling for you.
    BlyVxvOCcAAArSB.jpg

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Kia - Geez, sounds like you have been through the ringer with your retirement and health. I'm glad things are getting back on track for you.

Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Lots and lots of weeding yesterday. I'm certainly giving weed removal my best shot. I do believe I have done the best weeding job ever this year.

Lots to do and less time to do it:) The house is getting behind, darn it but the yard looks good. I have to clean a house and then I have errands to run.
    I deweeded my beds about a month ago. I have been so proud of how pretty they look.....its been raining all week here, and the weeds in my beds are like monsters right now! Lol This rain has been great, because the trees are leafing out and my flowers are growing like crazy! My lillies are huge!! There are more lillies this year from all the seed pods last year! Lilles are my favorite :)

awsum140

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2012
    Sitting down, facing forward.
    Ducky, if you have weeds in your bed :shock: Seriously, I've had a problem with acid reflux for years and found that Gaviscon works wonders on it. Over the counter and not too expensive. Chew two and you're good to go.

I was having a lot of problems with the video software and that camera. I've been working with the tech support for the software and managed to get the problem under control by lowering the frame and bit rate of the camera. They updated the software this morning and I put that update in. Now the frame rate and bit rate for that camera are at maximum, 30fps and 8192 bps, with no problems in the software. The video would "tear" along the top down to about 25% of the frame across the whole frame. That resulted in many false triggers and lost video. They fixed it and it's back to being great again. Kudos to the team at Blue Iris.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 23, 2013
    US
    Ducky, if you have weeds in your bed :shock: Seriously, I've had a problem with acid reflux for years and found that Gaviscon works wonders on it. Over the counter and not too expensive. Chew two and you're good to go.

I was having a lot of problems with the video software and that camera. I've been working with the tech support for the software and managed to get the problem under control by lowering the frame and bit rate of the camera. They updated the software this morning and I put that update in. Now the frame rate and bit rate for that camera are at maximum, 30fps and 8192 bps, with no problems in the software. The video would "tear" along the top down to about 25% of the frame across the whole frame. That resulted in many false triggers and lost video. They fixed it and it's back to being great again. Kudos to the team at Blue Iris.

Those things will grow anywhere ;) Lol
    Thank you! I will look into Gaviscon! Once my script of omeprazole runs out (I have 1 refill left) my Husband is going to get prilosec from walmart over the counter, because he said it will be cheaper than having to pay for the doctor visit to get more. What I am taking is generic for prilosec. It has done wonders for me, and supposedly repairs any damage from the acid reflux. I think it has too, because there was a time when I could not rub or put much pressure on the right side of my stomach. I have noticed that I can actually touch my side without pains and nausea. I sometimes wonder if the acid reflux is what was causing my chest wall pains last year (right before my side started hurting), and maybe thats why when I vape certain flavors my chest wall is sore the next morning. I have found that since I switched to V2 flavorings that my chest wall does not bother me anymore with my diy :)
    I am glad the update fixed your camera! It is awesome that an update can fix so many Issues with electronics nowadays. My Husband and I were talking yesterday about how wonderful updates for electronics are.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2013
    Tomah Wisconsin
    Sounds like Bo, Ducky. When I vacuum he wants to lay wherever I'm going to vacuum, and he takes up lot of floor!
    Let's see how Bo measures up to Lizzie's horsies. Challenge. Can a dog be bigger than a horse?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread