Clean Vivi Nova with Vodka and vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellflo

Jul 9, 2010
Malaysia
Hello everybody.
Ok, here's my problem. I like my vivi nova more than any other tank. but every time after half of tank the juice gets darker and darker until it taste horrid. Then i will clean it with warm water, let it dry overnight, refill, let it sit for a while and then vape, but it won't taste the same as newly recoiled vivi nova. The taste is off. a bit yucky. Then i have to recoil again, enjoy the goodness of vaping again but only lasted for half of tank before it gets darker and darker and yucky.

TL;DR
Recoil - vape - juice gets dark - clean with water - taste off - recoil. That's my routine everyday :blush:.

If i decide not to clean it with water, and only toss the dark juice, when i refill the taste will maintain to be nice but the juice will get darker even faster because of leftover of the dark juice inside the tank. and i will have so much juice to toss away.

So right now, i want to ask, is it possible for me to use vodka to clean it. just to rinse out the dark juice before i refill the tank again.

So the process will be like this:
Vape - juice gets darker - toss it away - pour vodka in the tank and shake - toss the vodka away - refill the tank with juice - Vape. without the need of dryburn.

Just to let the leftover of dark juice washed out before i refill so that my juice will not get dark faster. Is it possible? As far as i know vodka in juice will get the TH harder but will it change the original taste of the juice?

Thank you so much. Hard for me to explain, i hope you guys understand my language :oops:

deepeteo

Nov 23, 2012
U.S.A.
Your English is very good and quite understandable, ellflo. I have some still new, still good Vivi Novas that I haven't had to clean yet. I'm only using 100% PG like they recommend and staying away from putting VG in them. What kind of mix are you using?

I have been cleaning my clearos though since I use a lot of high VG mix in them or want to change out the flavors. This may be overkill but first I rinse them with very hot running water, then leave a little head space and shake them up with hot water, soak in vodka most of the day, rinse with running water, then rinse them out very good with distilled water and soak in distilled water an hour or so. I let them dry out a full day before using again.

My clearos are as good as new when I get done, and I have a lot of them.

ellflo

Jul 9, 2010
Malaysia
Thanks for the reply deepeteao :)

I only use 30% VG in all my juice. But still get dark so fast. I have four vivi nova all from different vendor. They are all the same. :(
I have to clean up every half of tank even with newly recoil head. And the taste will still not be the same after i clean it with water.
I have to toss the dark juice out and refill with new juice in a way to get a decent taste. But the juice will get dark faster that way.
I wonder if i can just put the vodka in the tank, shake it and toss it off and refill the tank with juice just soon after? For a fast and quicker way.

Maybe because of the VG, but i thought it's already in minimal quantity and won't cause a problem. I will try to buy some juices in 100% PG and see if it really cause the problem. oh no~

deepeteo

Nov 23, 2012
U.S.A.
Do you rinsed it with water after that or just refill the liquid without letting it dry first?

The couple of times I didn't rinse it with water after vodka it was very harsh tasting. Just me?

Also, the reason I end with distilled water is because I heard that regular tap water may have corrosive minerals in it.

deepeteo

Nov 23, 2012
U.S.A.
Thanks for the reply deepeteao :)

I only use 30% VG in all my juice. But still get dark so fast. I have four vivi nova all from different vendor. They are all the same. :(
I have to clean up every half of tank even with newly recoil head. And the taste will still not be the same after i clean it with water.
I have to toss the dark juice out and refill with new juice in a way to get a decent taste. But the juice will get dark faster that way.
I wonder if i can just put the vodka in the tank, shake it and toss it off and refill the tank with juice just soon after? For a fast and quicker way.

Maybe because of the VG, but i thought it's already in minimal quantity and won't cause a problem. I will try to buy some juices in 100% PG and see if it really cause the problem. oh no~

If you don't let the wicks thoroughly dry out, you'll be vaping diluted juice with little flavor and nic.

deepeteo

Nov 23, 2012
U.S.A.
oh oh... so i guess there's no shortcut to rinse the tank of with vodka and vape away. :( Since i have to always clean them out or recoil i thought there are other ways. my bad ~

Will try wash it out with distilled water later and do like how u did. maybe it will work.

Thank you deepeteo! :)

Well I just watched the video and Pete doesn't bother with vodka or with drying out the wicks. But you can try the vodka like I do on my clearos and see if that helps. Good luck!

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Well I just watched the video and Pete doesn't bother with vodka or with drying out the wicks. But you can try the vodka like I do on my clearos and see if that helps. Good luck!

He mentions that some do dryburn after recoiling. Don't dryburn if you use cotton though.

cristela

Moved On
Jan 18, 2013
San Ramon
  • Deleted by classwife

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2012
BELLE VERNON PA.
Hello everybody.
Ok, here's my problem. I like my vivi nova more than any other tank. but every time after half of tank the juice gets darker and darker until it taste horrid. Then i will clean it with warm water, let it dry overnight, refill, let it sit for a while and then vape, but it won't taste the same as newly recoiled vivi nova. The taste is off. a bit yucky. Then i have to recoil again, enjoy the goodness of vaping again but only lasted for half of tank before it gets darker and darker and yucky

Hi ellflo,
Juice darkening seems normal and doesn't bother me after 40 years of smoking, but your taste seems better than mine and maybe the thing for you to do would be to replace the wick, rather than the coil. You would still want to clean the tank, but using a needle threader to pull new wick through might be the only thing that works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread