Clearomizer Maintenance - Stupid Question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
So I'm New (hence the stupid question in the newbie forum).

I have me a Vision V2 clearomizer. Green. Marked up to 1.6 mL but I have confirmed that it holds more.

So my day has been going like this:

When it gets down to about a third full I start to notice a difference. I turn the spinner up a couple points until I get someplace I can refill.

That's been working out fine for me so far.

Now for the stupid question: At what point should I be cleaning this thing out?

And when I do, hot water, swishy swishy, vodka?

Thanks in advance for your help on this. You guys are awesome, all of you!

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
Hi WebDude, and welcome to the forum! I usually use el cheapo vodka to clean my stuff, especially if I'm changing flavors in the same clearo and need to get the old flavor out of the wicks. It just works better than water IMO, but I know some people don't like to waste vodka :D

P.S. There are no stupid questions! :)

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Hi WebDude, and welcome to the forum! I usually use el cheapo vodka to clean my stuff, especially if I'm changing flavors in the same clearo and need to get the old flavor out of the wicks. It just works better than water IMO, but I know some people don't like to waste vodka :D

P.S. There are no stupid questions! :)

LOL I love to waste vodka. I'm a beer man, myself :)

Phyre

Apr 11, 2012
Virginia Beach, VA
I typically clean mine once every two weeks or so. (I mainly use my DCTs or my Evod, so my clearo doesn't get that much use.) when I get to where it isn't working so well, I usually just give it a good cleaning with good ole hot tap water. I've heard that PGA (ie Everclear) works really well, but since I can't get that here in VA, I just use the cheapest 100 proof vodka if it seems still kind of gunked up after the hot water cleaning.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I would go for a quick rinse under hot water every 3rd or 4th clearo's full of juice. If you are vaping a colored or a darker juice, maybe every 2nd.

When your clearo gets down to about a third full, you should not have to turn up your spinner - just swirl the juice around the wicks so they can get wet with juice - that should improve your flavor. But turning it up and having less juice in the clearo, I'd say you are increasing the chances of getting a dry hit - which are not nice, but unfortunately an occasional 'feature' of top coil clearos.

Finally, you can soak the head in alcohol for a few hours every few days or so if you want to. When you take it out, give it a rinse under hot water. At this point you can also give your coil a quick dry burn if you wanted to. Some people do (me included) others don't.

If you wanted to, just reassemble the coil onto the post and put it on your spinner without the actual plastic body of the clearo. Pulse the power button for 1-2 second while gently blowing on the coil. You will see some white smoke. Do this a few times until you see the coil glow red - then give it a final rinse and blot dry. This gets rid of any juice build-up and residue on the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread