Clones VS The Real Deal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyarms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Thousand Oaks, CA
My first mech was a sigelei 19 and turned out to be the worse one Ive ever seen. Then a Sentinel clone which was adequate. Then an Nzonic V3 which opened my eyes, then a Poldiac. There's nothing like the high end ones, but I needed to try the clones to get me there.

I couldnt agree more. Clones opened up my eyes to quality products. Without those clones, id still be repping my ghetto modified k101. Side note: i was on the fence with the nzonic V3 and atom, still thinking about getting one!

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
I couldnt agree more. Clones opened up my eyes to quality products. Without those clones, id still be repping my ghetto modified k101. Side note: i was on the fence with the nzonic V3 and atom, still thinking about getting one!

I've never tried the Atom but I really like the Nzonic, no issues. The Poldiac hits a bit harder and as a former heavy smoker I appreciate that. The Nzonic has copper contacts the Poldiac silver plated brass, perhaps that is the difference. I have no problem recommended the Nzonic, its my backup/sleath mode mod as is comes with tubes, which will take all size batteries, whereas the Poldiac's tube I have to buy separately.

Valhalla17

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Houston, TX, USA
I can't afford the real deal. I just got a clone called "Wooliston". It looks and works great. It's a Magneto clone and I paid only $22.81

Sounds like a good buy. I was spending a stupid amount of money on smoking ($325-$350 a month) so every once in awhile I divert some of that saving into a new present for myself for being such a good boy and quitting smoking lol

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
My nice cheap clone... IMG_20131003_151409_534.jpg

kalison

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
SLC, UT
The only thing I really hate is when its an exact 1:1 clone.

At least change the name to something *similar*. I think I can figure out if its a clone of another famous battery mod.

Call it a Cah-Cah... its close enough and I will be able to see the likeness. Just don't put other people's logos and names all over it.

The Magneto is a perfect example of a good clone that is not marketed as the original. LOVE IT. Its a wonderful mod and I take it EVERYWHERE with me. (EDIT: Did I just read there is a clone of a clone???? There is a Magneto clone? LOL)

That being said; There is nothing like being able to enjoy the real original mods. I am sorry some people can't afford to have one or refuse to get one... but, its all in the little details that make them special. The ones I have... are soooo nice. Even my buddy who scuffs at the idea of spending anything near 150 on a mod looks at them in awe and can't help but smile. Of course, he then puts it down and says "Some day" which usually means "not worth it". You know what? Thats fine with me... I enjoy those little things more than he does... thats why we are our own people.

Last edited:

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Looking at this clone tonight has me thinking, why spend 2 - 3 hundred dollars on one of these when you can buy one for 23 bucks. I've heard that what I have here is just as nice as the non clone one. This tells me that the someone is charging way too much for those.
I don't care who makes it, as long as it works, I'd rather spend less money and not get ripped off.

Strongbeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Corona, California, United States
The first thing my brother noticed about my Vision spinner/protank mini II was that it looked like a sonic screwdriver. I wonder when the sonic screwdriver mod will come out. Not a far stretch, since there are plenty of regular screwdrivers.

Shhhhhh.....I'm working on it.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Well I now have 2 "originals" (SVD and Bolt) and 3 clones (Chentinal, Chiablo, K100). I love my clones and they are what I use 99% of the time. Maybe the day will come when I can spend several hundred dollars on a high end original (I certainly hope so). But until that time I am more than happy with my clones. I do agree with another poster though that they don't have to mimic the logos of the original. I guess I have been lucky in that the 3 clones I do have don't have any writing or logos on them at all. I am happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread