Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrotic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Lawrenceville, GA
Does the vanilla mod have a floating pin?

Also, what exactly is a floating pin and adjustable? Is this the battery connection?

a floating pin is a pin that adjusts itself for battery rattle such as the stingray. An adjustable pin would be one like the nemesis where you screw an atomizer flush and then screw the pin in until it makes contact with the atomizer. A lot of mods have a floating pin but a separate part of the pin that is used to adjust for battery rattle, such as the pegasus.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
a floating pin is a pin that adjusts itself for battery rattle such as the stingray. An adjustable pin would be one like the nemesis where you screw an atomizer flush and then screw the pin in until it makes contact with the atomizer. A lot of mods have a floating pin but a separate part of the pin that is used to adjust for battery rattle, such as the Pegasus.

Floating pins adjust for the atomizer. More often than not, a separate screw inside the pin or an insulator inside the bottom switch must still be adjusted for battery rattle.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
I loved my Ehpro Stingray copper clone until I got the Ehpro New Yorker (manhattan clone). While the Stingray did have the floating contact and a decent button, the New Yorker hits a lot harder. The paint on the stingray did come off over time, but the remaining paint will make a great pattern for a force patina. I may also try the fatdaddy magnet upgrade for the stingray, and I have seen some copper parts to replace the stainless steel ones in the stingray firing button.

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
I own 5 copper mods: Pegasus, 4Nine, SMPL, Paragon and XXIX.

Out of these, the one which gets by far the most use is the XXIX. Its small, very well made and has a magnetic switch which is easily the nicest switch on any mod I have used.

I'm tempted to buy another XXIX since I like it so much but have just ordered a Sigelei 100w so will wait to see how much use that gets first.

...but I digress. The XXIX is simply outstanding, the best performing mech I have used so far.

I know you're talking about copper mods but I do gotta mention the EHPro Cronus clone. It's an awesome mech with a super buttery smooth throw. Telescoping and you don't have to mess around with adjusting the 510 pin. Just mentioning it because it's such an awesome clone. Superior quality.

definitely i have my cronus clone superb!! i love it!!

Chip008

Oct 9, 2014
cb9e011a5eeb10c6f24bd1fb2804ff96.jpg

Loving my copper Cartel clone by infinite. Just waiting on a nano kit for the kayfun [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Copper is to soft a metal, and they don't hold up over time. So they're nice when they are new ... become junk with age.

I'll take durability over 0.01v every time.

If polished regularly and not dropped, they can stay good as new forever. Copper mods are more for the enthusiasts though. Someone who doesn't really care to maintain a collection of mods and treat their gear as jewelry might as well not be looking at mech mods to begin with... but yes, a steel mod is not going to damage quite as much when it hits the ground.

eddiej

Nov 20, 2014
Saint Paul, MN
If it is your first mech, them I would go for any one of the Hcigar nemesis clones. you can get on for 30 to 40 bucks. Believe me there is a difference in clones, and hcigar delivers the best. The copper does require maintenance or your hand will eventually become discolored. Stay away from the 4nine, its really not for everyone. I have a xxix and it is a hybrid style mod that's a lot more user friendly then my 4nine, but my Hcigar Nemesis is my right hand mod. The Nemesis is really easy to use, and I like it because it never misfires, and adjusts easily. If there is any flaw is that it is really common, but that's because its just an awesome mod.

Kababmanz

Nov 27, 2014
London
I've got a stingray x 18650 and misplaced the bottom contact pin that screws into the base of the switch. Desperately looking to find a replacement switch or even the contact pin on its own but every site I go to doesnt ship to the uk(London) I ordered a stingrayX mag and contact kit from fatdaddyvapes.com but I'm not sure if this will work. I fear that if I go another couple days without vaping I'm might go back to the icky sticks which is the last thing I want.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
I've got a stingray x 18650 and misplaced the bottom contact pin that screws into the base of the switch. Desperately looking to find a replacement switch or even the contact pin on its own but every site I go to doesnt ship to the uk(London) I ordered a stingrayX mag and contact kit from fatdaddyvapes.com but I'm not sure if this will work. I fear that if I go another couple days without vaping I'm might go back to the icky sticks which is the last thing I want.

You could just get another stingray x clone and then will have parts to interchange. Its not like you need to go buy a $300 authentic stingray. Or, you could just get a different clone mod, there are many many clones available now that I would choose over a stingray x.

officer196

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2014
Ft. Worth, TX
I'm still very new, so by all means take anything I say with a grain of salt, but I love my Vapor Tech Hollow Bone, not a clone. It can be had for 70 dollars and I believe one of the retailers is doing a 25% off coupon for black Friday. I'm not sure if I can post a link as I'm still learning the rules of the forum, so feel free to PM is you are interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread