Cost of a pack of smokes in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deblym

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2012
Sask
I'm just curious, if seen some costs in various threads but it has me wondering what the costs of a pack of smokes are right now in your area? I live in Canada (Saskatchewan) and there are 25 cigs in a pack, not sure how many there are in a pack elsewhere

I use to smoke one of the cheapest brands available here, and they were 11 dollars a pack and I smoked almost a full pack a day. (with exchange rates right now, cost in us dollars is the same).

That's a lot of money. Lol. Thank you inventor of e-cigs :)

Got out the ole calculator.....for me it was 44 cents a cig.

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL, not as much in Colorado, $8-9 in convenience store, $6-7 elsewhere. But only 20 per pack

About the same here. That is why we had switched to the cig sized little cigars before we discovered vaping. Could get them for about 2.15 a pk.

CountSmackula

Genisis Junkie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2012
BFE, KY
Since I started vaping I haven't even looked at the price of smokes. The last carton I bought (over 2 months ago) were just under $40 (10 packs-20 cigs per). Single packs were about $4.50 IIRC. This was for Marlboro. Camel and other 'name' brands were about the same. "Off" brands were in the $30-35/carton range. This was in the Acadiana area of Louisiana, USA.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Great thread - because I realized I wouldn't know either if I hadn't picked up a pack for a buddy of mine the other day. That's the first pack I've touched in something close to 2 years. The price hasn't changed much. I remember spending about $5.85 (USD) for my brand and the convenience store price for my buddies smokes was $6.15 (USD). 20 in a pack.

Fugacity

Mar 2, 2012
Canada
I live in British Columbia Canada and it costs $8.50 to $9.50CDN for a pack of 20's. I'm surprised how much the price of cigarettes has risen in the US. Last time I bought them there was a while ago (preferred canadian tobacco) and the prices were 1/3rd those in Canada.

All the same, I'm glad to be off of analogues.

Cheers and happy vaping:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread