Cost of a pack of smokes in your area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbclub

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2011
NY
Yep, NY is basically $10 to $12 . And I was smoking about 2 pad -crazy!

I learned only after I quit analogs that there were cheaper methods in shops where you roll your own using their machines, but apparently the city just shut these down too. All about the tax dollars.

If I was still smoking my only cheaper source would be to drive to an indian reservation about 1 1/2 hours away and buy their generic packs. But with gas prices, that's becoming a burden tool. Our country needs change!!!

Soooo glad I am finally done with it!

MikeA5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2011
Methuen, MA
Here in Indonesia, West Java, a pack of Marlboro cost $1.5
And 80% adults here are smoker.

When I was stuffing my own cigs over a year ago I would use tobacco grown in Indonesia about $16/lb in New Hampshire. The tobacco grown there is some of the best in the world. Having said that, I'm still so happy I'm off the analogs.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I think they're around $5-$6 for a pack here in East Bay (SF Bay Area). I don't really pay much attention to the prices anymore. When I quit back i August 2010 I was paying just a hair over $50 for a carton.

I remember getting packs of crappy cigarettes for $1-$2 each back when I first started smoking. All of us were under 18 then and I looked the oldest so I'd have to try and get them for us.

Ladypixel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
La Verne, CA
I'm one of those people who rolled my own -- had a tube-stuffer machine, I'd buy "cartons" of empty cigarette filter tubes and then fill them with my own tobacco. All in all, a pound of tobacco + 3 "cartons" of filter tubes ran me around $20-25, so long as I did mail order. If I got tobacco locally... well, more than double that. Last time I bought a pound of loose tobacco locally I winced, and started ordering bulk from elsewhere.

This is why I still have about two pounds of (now stale) tobacco sitting around my house. :)

But a 20-count pack of cigs in southern California's somewhere around 5-6 bucks, my packs cost me about 2 bucks. Now, if I could just stop buying juice and go DIY, I might be able to "save money" again... but at the moment, vaping costs me more than smoking did.

Tastes better, too. I can deal. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread