Status
Not open for further replies.

Bejeebus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2009
VT ~ USA
Well said Bejeebus!

HEY! that was not on topic! But really, I have been around here since 2009... my post count is 455 (well 456 now :p ) -- I post when I have a question or some information relevant to the thread topic... AND/OR... when I see a good thread running downhill - or a bad thread just running. Sometimes it just has to be said, ya know? Most of us are too polite to tell someone to take it elsewhere.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
ECF has very competent mods who can decide when a thread needs to be re-directed.

But if you will please note~ a link discussing different types and qualities of coconut water was well within the scope of the conversation and in no way derailed the thread. If you will read back it was actually OP who derailed the thread initially and others replied to that. It is her thread to derail. If others replied to those posts, we cannot be blamed for derailing the thread.

Bejeebus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2009
VT ~ USA
*sigh*

Of course you aren't to blame!

The competency of this forum's moderators was never called into question. I imagine they hope that some one might occasionally step in to change the direction that a thread is taking... especially if the OP has indicated that she no longer feels comfortable in her own thread.

I don't see any reason to comment further - but feel free to continue on your own if ya want.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
I am not sure if anyone is to blame for derailing this thread just because they spoke their mind.

On the subject at hand, my joint pains have completely disappeared ever since I increased my liquid intake following Andria's suggestion. I can also confirm that VG causes less dehydration than PG. But it still does require additional hydration. I plan to dilute my VG even further than 10% - perhaps to 30% of total volume in Distilled water.... It's been done before with good results.

Last edited:

Griff.J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
ON Canada
So just to pull this thread out of the depths. I bought coconut water this last week while grocery shopping and I find it impossible to drink. It tastes and or smells like curdled milk to me, not sure if the OP just forces it down but to me the taste and smell is vile. Yes it's 'coconutty' but it's too close to spoiled milk for me to drink. Yuck :(

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
To each their own. This is all about sharing information.

I wish I could "like" this 1,000 times. You have the right mind-set. (and heart-set, AFAIC).

On a board where so many claim they are libertarians, it is sometimes disheartening to see the put-downs posters receive when they *share* an opinion that doesn't jive with the majority.

There are so many sides to every coin, and I see that in this topic, too, which is exactly why it's a good topic, and I am even able to "like" completely diffrering viewpoints.

Nobody has all the Truth. Anyone who says they do is a pretender/poser with a big ego. I see that type all the time in politics which is why it is such a turn off.

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
So just to pull this thread out of the depths. I bought coconut water this last week while grocery shopping and I find it impossible to drink. It tastes and or smells like curdled milk to me, not sure if the OP just forces it down but to me the taste and smell is vile. Yes it's 'coconutty' but it's too close to spoiled milk for me to drink. Yuck :(

yeah i'ts pretty bad, I found Amy & Brian's (about two bucks) from my Daughter who works for a "can't say the name BIG artsy grocery store" who's trying like hell to not be called "whole paycheck" again and get affordable for families/folks food, lots is cheaper than my normal Krogers, But it's "coconut juice" but it's all the same, Im a label reader, AND it's got the pulp (and like 2g of CHO I think, for diabetics it'd be a concern) and some hints of some sort of caramelization thing going on to it's actually drinkable w/o gagging (been there done that)

the best is still out of the coconut but until I get marooned with Gilligan, that can's going to have to do. *lol*

Adria I"m glad you're doing better and yes, this is a concern. I'm glad someone brought up you CAN drink too much "plain" water. Muscle cramps are one of your first signs, for me I dilute OJ or Peach nectar, all kinds of juices or half a lime or lemon in my water and add in some splenda, I do water, but dang it, I've never been a great fan of it.

thanks for bringing it to all our attentions.

Last edited:

MissBlue

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Lansdowne, PA, USA
I bought coconut water this last week while grocery shopping and I find it impossible to drink. It tastes and or smells like curdled milk to me, not sure if the OP just forces it down but to me the taste and smell is vile. Yes it's 'coconutty' but it's too close to spoiled milk for me to drink. Yuck
are you sure that was coconut water? that sounds like coconut milk, or coconut juice, to me. Both of these are made from cutting up or pounding the flesh, the white meat, of the coconut and adding it to water to make a creamy, or sometimes a thicker milkshake-y, kinda juice with pieces of coconut meat in it.

'Coconut water' is, really, like water - it's the very thin, clear liquid that sits inside the cavity of the coconut shell; it's separate from, and not made from, the white flesh of the fruit. It's just like regular water, and has very little texture or taste at all; when it's chilled it's nearly indistinguishable from plain water, except for a faint taste. It's HUGELY refreshing and cooling - and super-hydrating - because this water is where all the potassium and electrolytes are. Even if pasteurized, as is the VitaCoco brand, that does not diminish the physiological benefit of all that lovely potassium and electrolytes. :D

Natural coconut water has no pulp; some products are sold with added pulp, as is the Goya brand, but the ingredient list for that product says it's "80% juice". These juice drinks are usually the ones with pulp added, and/or with sugar, flavoring, or other ingredients also added. Nothing wrong with them, but for clarification purposes, they're not the same thing as regular plain 100% coconut water.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread