Did I experience a nicotine overdose??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratm69

Feb 3, 2015
You are seriously recommending that this person should start out at 3mg with the numbers she posted for her device?

Okie dokie.

Have fun guys.

I guess i'm confused. Did you miss the part where she said she's getting nic sick at 6mg?

"1.5ohms @ 10watts"

I vape 3mg in my tootle-puffer devices. Yeah, I have to vape it more often to feel satisfied before I set it down. I have it setup like that to mimic a real cigarette. My girlfriend would get 2-3mg in her same setup because she chose to, and she used to be a moderate smoker.

It's hard to say exactly how much nicotine is mixed in with all of the other garbage in a real cigarette. Everyone has their theories. Yet, everyones body reacts differently and it's all about finding what works best for you.

If you're a beginner and want a cig-like juice in a 10watt 1.5ohm setup, try out some 50vg/50pg 3mg juice. If it's too harsh on the throat, bump it up to 70vg/30pg juice.

The amount of VG determines how smooth the juice will be on the throat during inhale. The higher the VG the more smooth it will be. Some juices may vary though based on the flavor.

50vg/50pg has some what of a burn with a fair amount of throat hit similar to a real cigarette.

Also, as someone mentioned, always shake new bottles really good so you aren't filling your tank with concentrated nicotine or vice versa.

Last edited:

Roxyco

Nov 29, 2015
I guess i'm confused. Did you miss the part where she said she's getting nic sick at 6mg?
Also, as someone mentioned, always shake new bottles really good so you aren't filling your tank with concentrated nicotine or vice versa.
I only had that experience once (the 'nic sick') and as I've got more used to it have been able to vape more and more and am beginning to realise my limits (I hope!). As I'm doing so well and haven't smoked a single cigarette in a few days, I don't want to lower the nicotine level, and certainly don't want to switch to vaping for long periods at 12mg at this stage. It's clear to me that everyone has a very different style of vaping. Just like when I started smoking cigarettes, I guess you gradually know what feels right. And good tip about shaking the bottle, didn't think about that! :)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
You are seriously recommending that this person should start out at 3mg with the numbers she posted for her device?

Okie dokie.

Have fun guys.

Never said that.

She went over with 6mg we know that.. If one wanted to continue the same frequency of vaping they should reduce nic to prevent sickness.

Thousands read this site daily for real vaping info. When somebody gets sick from vaping and everyone says it not nic, then what do they do......
stop vaping!!

I have seen it. All they needed to do was reduce nic or reduce the amount they are vaping. Visa/versa same thing.

Make all the jokes you want, you can't speak for millions of different people. Yes lets be fair, healthy people won't be hospitalized or anything, it just passes.. but we shouldnt deny the possibility of nic having a negative effect. The range of people is too wide imo.

I personally know people that had heart conditions and were sent to hospital legitimately!!! The problem concurred with starting to vape and continued till Reducing nic. And it has solved thier problem... Cigarettes never caused this issue for them.

You don't need a sub ohm coil to vape at 60w. Ohm load is basically irrelevant today unless your still using a mech or an ego.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roxyco

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I only had that experience once (the 'nic sick') and as I've got more used to it have been able to vape more and more and am beginning to realise my limits (I hope!). As I'm doing so well and haven't smoked a single cigarette in a few days, I don't want to lower the nicotine level, and certainly don't want to switch to vaping for long periods at 12mg at this stage. It's clear to me that everyone has a very different style of vaping. Just like when I started smoking cigarettes, I guess you gradually know what feels right. And good tip about shaking the bottle, didn't think about that! :)

I guess you could liken it to drinking alcohol.. You have to learn your limits, or else..

Don't drink vodka, drink beer. Depends on how many drinks you want to have.. And how much tolerance you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roxyco

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
As you're finding out, it takes everyone some period of time to find their "balance point" of the nic content of their juice vs. how much they are vaping. If you can vape less often at 12mg, then hey! go for it!! If you need to vape more often but 12mg is just too much, drop to 6mg. If that's not cutting it, the mid point is to 50/50 mix a tank of 12mg and 6mg. You can mess around with it to find your "sweet spot". And then you will probably get the fun of chasing it around again after a while because your tolerances shift and your tastes change. Like I can't do the high nic content juices I started with anymore because the throat hit on them has gotten too harsh for me to take - and I don't need that much nicotine anymore either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread