Did I start too low?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeanieD

Apr 13, 2017
I've really learned so much just reading the boards... I smoked for 35 years, and quit 1/1/17. I started V2's, Congress cartoms- 0.6% on 1/2/17. I had been smoking about a pack a day of Marlboro Ultra lights. I started vaping about 5-6 cartoms/day, and now I'm up to 10+/day.

vaping is easier- I can do it in the house, which I did not do with cigarettes... I have read that most people vape 3 to 4 cartoms a day? My end goal is to quit completely by June 2018... my question: should I have started on a higher nicotine level? Would a higher level help me to vape less?? The costs of V2s are now far exceeding my cigarette smoking days. I'm feeling so much better, but would love to slow down. Any advice or thoughts?

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Hi Beanie! When I Quit, It was with V2 Red at 1.8mg, That was about 4 years ago, That lasted till I joined here and started following the progress in E-cigs, Was not long before I bought a Innoklin MVP and that was new then. I liked that I could use my kanger protanks and simple refillable evod style atomizers. well we have came miles away from that gear now, and I vape 0-.3%mg now and make my own eliquid that I find superior to most store bought for pennies on the dollar. I have a place in my heart for V2 because it was what helped me in the beginning, but now I think back at how much it cost and it was very expensive to today's standards of a good vape. welcome and stick around out why and how, lots of great people here glad to help you on your way.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@BeanieD Hello and welcome to the forums!!!! You may have started out to low but not sure as I have never used them. I started out with a cig a like with the highest MG possible. I think it was 36 mg or 3.6% It cost more to vape than to smoke so I went back to smoking. Fast forward, I bought my first mod like above the MVP with a refillable tank. I also did dual use for 3 and a half months before switching to vaping exclusively. Cost went down to about $6.88 a month. I then switched to making my own and can vape for a lot lower. By mixing my own juice and making my own coils, I vape for about $3 a month. As per your question, I would up your nicotine level as it should help you out to vape less.

Reactions: steakbean

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I don't know what a cartom is?

Anyway.. sounds like your chain vaping, and yes increasing your nicotine can help that some.. when I started vaping I was using 18mg/ml of nicotine.. some people start at 12mg/ml.. but your correct in thinking that consumption has something to do with that, as if your only vaping 5ml a day, you get less nicotine a day than if your vaping the same mg/ml but vaping 10ml a day..

A couple of things, when I first started vaping, I was chain vaping period, probably would have still done so in the beginning even with a higher mg/ml content of nicotine as there was a transitional phase I went through.. the desire to chain vape for me lessened naturally over time..

For you, if you want to try and stop chain vaping, then increase your nicotine level - and treat vaping the way you did while smoking.. stop vaping in the house, among other things at least until you break yourself of the habit of chain vaping.

Or, if you feel satisfied with what your doing, just chain vape.. lol..

Reactions: steakbean

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've really learned so much just reading the boards... I smoked for 35 years, and quit 1/1/17. I started V2's, Congress cartoms- 0.6% on 1/2/17. I had been smoking about a pack a day of Marlboro Ultra lights. I started vaping about 5-6 cartoms/day, and now I'm up to 10+/day.
Vaping is easier- I can do it in the house, which I did not do with cigarettes... I have read that most people vape 3 to 4 cartoms a day? My end goal is to quit completely by June 2018... my question: should I have started on a higher nicotine level? Would a higher level help me to vape less?? The costs of V2s are now far exceeding my cigarette smoking days. I'm feeling so much better, but would love to slow down. Any advice or thoughts?
Welcome and glad you joined. So happy you like vaping. Do what works for you. If you want to save some money, there is always a better solution if you take the time to study your options. But first it's a good idea to define which of vaping scalable options you want to fix and adjust those options you wish to improve. For now, I would recommend to list what you like and enjoy. The more you read/know, the more likely you will be successful.
"My end goal is to quit completely by June 2018." You can do it, I vape zero nic and could quit if I wanted to, I just like the hobby.
Might like to read:
vapetown
http://www.vaporauthority.com/pages/learn
http://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/a...tte-college-guides-tutorials-information.html
One Stop Reference Shop For New and Experienced Vapers
Beginner – Guide To Vaping
http://www.smokingvapor.com/blog/2016/05/
http://vapingcheap.com/vaping-101/
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread