Do most experienced vape'rs have more than one unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leatherneck

ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2013
Oregon
Redundancy prevents relapse. I have backups just to switch it up from time to time, seems to keep it interesting for me.

It's kinda the difference between having a backup and having a collection. A backup is something you have on hand if all others fail. A collection is having multiples for their collectible factor and variety. Jay Leno has a multitude of motorcycles. He rides whatever one suits his desire at the moment.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Treat them like regular smoking ... you wouldn't be in a place where you had to send away for a lighter to light the ciggs ... or have a lighter and have to send away for the ciggs.

Tthe problem with this example is even more alarmng because most have starting vaping to get away from ciggs ... real ciggs are only a block away in most cases and way to tempting for a ex smoker to turn to if their equipment is dead

I have a Provari V2.5 but just recently got a stainless steel Vamo V2 ... $40.00 bucks for my first backup? umm thats dirt cheap so I dont run and buy smokes in case I break my Provari and it works well, I am actually using both at same time

20130212_023154_zpsde6c3e74.jpg

The3ngineer

Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Dallas, TX
It's kinda the difference between having a backup and having a collection. A backup is something you have on hand if all others fail. A collection is having multiples for their collectible factor and variety. Jay Leno has a multitude of motorcycles. He rides whatever one suits his desire at the moment.

I guess I should have said "I have backups but I also use them from time to time since they are all part of my collection". Having a collection could also be considered having a backup since it is very unlikely that all your units will fail at the same time, redundancy.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
Everyone needs to backup
Then back up those
Then backup those

I'm at the point where I need another APV as a backup (that will push my egos down a level)
I hate to disagree KraksX but..... I do not need back-ups............instead I sold my house and moved next door to a 24hr B&M. I sleep much better just knowing they are there. lol.

Crash Moses

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Lansing, Michigan
Treat them like regular smoking ... you wouldn't be in a place where you had to send away for a lighter to light the ciggs ... or have a lighter and have to send away for the ciggs.

Tthe problem with this example is even more alarmng because most have starting vaping to get away from ciggs ... real ciggs are only a block away in most cases and way to tempting for a ex smoker to turn to if their equipment is dead

I have a Provari V2.5 but just recently got a stainless steel Vamo V2 ... $40.00 bucks for my first backup? umm thats dirt cheap so I dont run and buy smokes in case I break my Provari and it works well, I am actually using both at same time

20130212_023154_zpsde6c3e74.jpg

Ditto. Got to work today and realized I'd forgotten to charge the batteries for my Provari. Pulled out my trusty Vamo and vaped away while I waited for my batteries to recharge.

DJ RyckRak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2013
Somewhere in New England
I have the eGo-c set I started with...and use it everyday.
My nice mods I keep at home for the evenings....
thats my eVic, Natural, bolt and TEC.

but I agree with Zapped...
If you are going to get a real backup...get a mechanical mod.
My Natural is a great, inexpensive fully mechanical mod...
In Stainless Steel...only 50 bucks. Nothing to fail there...
except you then need backup batteries !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread