Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim In Az

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Mesa AZ
My device progression went like this

Blu => eGo twist => Lavatube => Vamo => eVic

Sounds like you are headed that way, too, if you like the VW. My Vamo is 5 months old and between me and my GF is constantly vaped. It has been dropped and abused, but has kept on getting on. One of the best 50 dollar investments I ever made.

Great- so you're saying I'm not done.
The evic seems kinda of gadgetity to me and I'm already electronically illiterate. But who knows it could be next in this crazy obsession.

Pretty close to your progression
Ego--eroll--ego twist--Lavatube--vamo on order

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
This may be a stupid question, but why do people have more than one? Can't you just change the batteries, tank, etc.? I have one on order and am wondering if I need a backup.

What if it quits working ? What if you loose it ? Many many good reasons to have a backup or three.:toast:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
This may be a stupid question, but why do people have more than one? Can't you just change the batteries, tank, etc.? I have one on order and am wondering if I need a backup.

As long as you have something that keeps you happily vaping and off cigarettes you don't need a backup specifically for the VAMO. However, when I got mine it didn't take but about five minutes to convince me that I did not want to be without VW and the VAMOs fast, easy menu system for the time it would take to order and receive a new VAMO so I ordered a backup right away.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Quote Originally Posted by John Alexander View Post
As long as you have something that keeps you happily vaping and off cigarettes you don't need a backup specifically for the VAMO. However, when I got mine it didn't take but about five minutes to convince me that I did not want to be without VW and the VAMOs fast, easy menu system for the time it would take to order and receive a new VAMO so I ordered a backup right away.

Always good to have something for a backup. Even an Ego 650mah will do.
Imagine dropping the vamo, or loosing it somewhere.................Now what? Catastrophic failure can happen. theft/loss - Backups have a place in every arsenal.:D

Tim In Az

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Mesa AZ
Because:A) it's cheapB) it runs VV or VWC) it's pretty durableD) it's ShineyE) It's CHEAP - oh covered that.VV a way to increase/Decrease Voltage to suite Atomizer Ohms for best performanceVW - Does above for you by putting you Close with any Atomizer change. Tweak to tasteVV - 3.7v >good for 1.8-2.0ohm device >Bad for 3.0ohm >must figure out how many Volts it needsVW - 7watts >good for any Ohms as a starting point
I don't quite understand what is meant by vw changes for you by putting you close. So if I have a 1.8 ohm tank on set at 7 watts and change to a 2.5 ohm tank will it actually change the device to the new watt output?Sorry if this is a stupid question or phrased wrong

Last edited:

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
VW - Does above for you by putting you Close with any Atomizer change. Tweak to taste quite understand this. So if I have it set at say 7 watts and have a 1.8 ohm tank on and change to 2.5 ohm will it automatically change the watt output? Would the screen then display the new watts to whatever it may be?Sorry if this is a stupid question or I didn't phrase it right
VW devices will change the power actually going to the juice delivery device depending on the given resistance to give you basically the same vape no matter what resistance the juice delivery device is.

When you switch between VW and VV mode the VAMO will automatically set power to the lowest watts or voltage. That means that you can't use the device to check corresponding volts if you are in VW mode or watts if you are VV mode. As a practical matter I've not found this to be at all inconvenient aside from satisfying my idle curiosity. You can look up the info using this oHms law calculator.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I don't quite understand what is meant by vw changes for you by putting you close. So if I have a 1.8 ohm tank on set at 7 watts and change to a 2.5 ohm tank will it actually change the device to the new watt output?Sorry if this is a stupid question or phrased wrong

Agree with peraspera. The beauty of VW is you set it up once and regardless of what delivery device you attach it will fire at the same wattage. Many of us will say " we enjoy X ohms at Y volts" when really we're stating a preference for a certain wattage. Here' a calculator that will give you an idea of how many watts you're vaping at- all you need is the volts and ohms:
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ohms_law.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread