Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Let me start by saying that blu did get me off of analog cigs. That being said, the product is not very good and certainly not cost effective. I purchased the premium 100 starter kit with 5 packs of cartomizers. Almost half of the cartomizers went bad within 50 puffs. They had a horrible burnt taste. I tried all of their tricks and none of them worked. Even the good ones didn't last as long as they implied. Then add in the fact that they cost $12 and can't be refilled. I was a pad smoker and yet I needed 2-3 cartos a day. The battery dies within an hour so it was always on the charger.

When I sent it back, it took almost 5 weeks to get a refund, and I was out all of the money for the cartos.

Their kits are in no way as good as their disposables, which is what got me hooked on them to begin with. If you are looking for an ecig, find one that is a little cheaper, has better battery life and can be refilled. Though I have my preferences, I will not suggest one on here since this is a blu subforum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
If the product is what started you on your tobacco free journey, they it has some value.

And you are incorrect when you say Blu cartridges can't be refilled. It's very easy to do. It's best to refill with a vendor flavor that has a similar profile to the original blu cartridge. If you used Vanilla blu cartridges, refill with a vanilla e-juice from another vendor. Also, the blu premium 100 cartridges work on ego style batteries with a 510 connection so you don't need to throw your old blu cartridges away if you transition to something with a bigger battery.

I started with the blu premium 100 pack back in January. I only used it for about a month before going with an ego style product for a variety of reasons.

I'm thankful Blu got me off cigarettes.

vaping can be confusing to newcomers with so many batteries, the terminology, and accessories. Blu takes advantage of this learning curve and is a simple solution for those looking to see if vaping is for them. It might not be the long term solution, but it gets the ball rolling . . .

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
Blu certainly does get the ball rolling.

I am 50 years old and have been smoking for 35 years.

On April 23 I bought an "Original Blu kit" at Walgreen's because I was sick and having issues inhaling my analogs and I have NOT has a cigarette since. Not only that I now have 4 or 5 friends my age also using E cigarettes.

I paid 50 bucks for that kit which is 7 dollars more than I paid for a Kgo last week BUT it was the best 50 bucks I have ever spent in my life.

In fact that 50 bucks might end up buying me an extra 10 to 15 years of my life.

Blu might not be the best small E cigarette on the market BUT I bet they prolong a lot of peoples lives in the long run

Speedgoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
North Dakota
I have a Blu premium and I am very grateful for it. It got me off the analogs. Yeah, its not the best thing out there, but I carry mine with me all day at work. The PCC works great. I like mine so well that I picked up a spare super cheap here in the classifieds. With the 510 threads, Im starting to use Boge cartos and can fill what ever flavor I want! Again yeah, it is not the greatest, at home I dont even touch it any more, I have better and longer lasting stuff.

LightHeaded

Apr 11, 2012
United States
Ya I bought 1(cough) about a year and a half ago. I immediately went back to cigs. I'll spare you the details, blu is an obsolete product as of right now its 1 among many of the worst products available. A simple ego batt with probably anything screwed on the end of it is light years ahead blu. Imo this blu basically is rip off as of right now. It's only those who don't know much about vaping who go down the blu road. I was 1 of them. For the same amount of money simply get an ego style product and welcome yourself to the vape world.

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
Blu Cigs were my training wheels as well. I enjoyed them until I realized how much I was spending on cartridges. I also wasn't satisfied with the throat hit I got from them. So, I did my research and moved on to a more advanced pv and have lived happily ever after since. My psuedo mom-in-law just started Blu and likes them a lot. She did have a hiccup with the case. She didn't realize it needed to be recharged. Heh.

As soon as she moves out here later this month I'll get her setup with a good Joye or Echo setup and fill her cartos for her.

Anyways.. I highly recommend Blu to anybody new to vaping. Its low maintenance and very convenient for those who are used to carrying a pack of smokes around with them every day.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Even though I “retired” my Blu, it will always have a soft spot in my heart (which will be beating longer due to Blu).

Like others here, it is the product that got me to quit analogs. While there are certainly better, more versitile and more powerful products out there, Blu works and does what it says it does. I’ve had no quality issues with my Blu premium 100’s, and like the PCC. It’s a well thought out integrated system.

Although I’ve progressed to using an eGo Twist, I always keep a mini-cig in my pocket for several reasons. I use them as an emergency backup for when a battery goes dead, for stealth vaping and I like the form factor for driving.

I personally started with a Pro Smoke kit. As someone said, anything that gets you off of analogs is a good thing, however most all of the mini's are not up to par with the EGO, & KGO's.
If you really want a mini, for the size, I'd go with the Volt. They have been way above average, and have received great reviews from pbasardo, at this link: A PBusardo Review & CONTEST! - The Volt E-Cig from Smokeless Image - YouTube

Blue, V2, Pro Smoke for the most part are not going to be a long term solution for a serious ex smoker, such as myself.

Do check out the volt kit, at 44.95, if you really want the minis, but if you want to really get a great experience, go with the Kgo's, or Ego's with the 1100 batteries. They are often less expensive at Hoosiers, or Virgin Vapes, and will give you all day vaping, with great throat his, and wonderful plumes of vapor.

Just my two cents.

radeljack

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2012
Fredericksburg Texas
blu got me off nasty old cigarettes, but became a real pain in the .... due to always charging the batteries and the carts not lasting very long, refilling was time consuming, but hey I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 30 something years and I am grateful I found something that worked. I have a ego and don't really care how much I spend on juice cartomizers or batteries I am still saving, and I havent smoked in over 6 months. I sent my blu (after they replaced the dead batteries and pack) to a lady on their fb page that wanted to try it but was short of funds, she hasnt smoked in a couple of months so that $50 kit possibly saved 2 lives. I did get real ...... when they partnered with big tobacco, and now their standard response on their fb wall is blu is not a smoking cessation device, I get it they went where the money is and the fda regulations blah blah blah but still feel they sold out. just my 2 cents.

MyKosmo

Moved On
Apr 16, 2012
I've had terrible experiences with Blu carts myself. BUT, just the other day Blu overcame their latest "out of stock" syndrome and I received a 50-pack of Classic Tobacco. So far, knock wood, I haven't had a single problem. I believe that they not only redesigned the packaging for their carts but they also changed the carts themselves.

I always thought that, for a while at least, Blu's China manufacturer (the ones that inject their carts) were using a less expensive cartomizer with a less effective atomizer. The problem with Blu's old carts were the Atomizer not being strong enough, and able to withstand more than a few hours of vaping. Though I was able to refill them twice.

People have complained that the taste of their cartos didn't last either, and that was truth. For the past few days though, I'm getting the full flavor for the entire time I've used the carto. If you still have a Blu battery or a 510 battery you should try the new carts. If you buy them locally make sure the carts have "blue" sides all the way around. That's the 'tell' that its the new ones, not the old.

CigFreedMike

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
New England
I'll be the first to admit that blu was my first successful step in quitting smoking (from day one I went from 1.5 ppd analogs to only 4 cigarettes a day), but I posted previously that I got second degree burns on my tongue and back of my throat using blu. This is in part that I'm a heavy smoker and kept drawing and drawing on these things till they heated up. No, this was not a faulty battery issue as I studied this using the three batteries I have and it is a matter of how and how much you draw on these things regardless of any battery 'shut off'. It's important to know this because we want to save our lives by getting away from analogs and not get tongue or throat cancer from burning, which believe it or not, you won't get from an analoge. This is a real issue and I suspect plenty of other ecigs are equivalent in their ability to heat up to significantly high enough temperatures such as to cause burning.

All that aside, I found the Janty Neo a much cooler smoke. It's not just that it's PG whereas Blu is VG, because I've put PG e liquid into a blue cartomizer (only the other day) and the vapor was much hotter than the Janty Neo vapor.

Nevertheless, I'm grateful for the blu, they were therre when I needed them, they helped me cut down to 4 cigarettes a day before I started burning my throat, they sell them at Walgreens and from what I've been reading, they've been a first step for a lot of people. I'll keep them handy, now knowing I have to stop vaping once they start to get hot and let them cool down. For whatever reason, though, they taste lousy. Always have, new cart or not, even with my own ejuice (which improves it but doesn't get rid of that raunchy flavor). Must be the delivery system. Good luck to lorimar to improve them.

HPloco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
I get around
Blu worked for the first few days! Batteries suck and you get the burnt taste. I cant even charge them now charging pack no longer working so using stinkys again till my provari mini comes in! Do yourself a favor and spend the money the first time on a good product! You get what you pay for is how i justify it!

For some people like me we need a transition, something that will make it feel/look like an analog. Then we find out if the small batteries are worth it or not. For me I was a mid to heavy smoker (3-4 pack a week). For some of my friends they were light to social smokers (1-2 packs a week) for them Blu's are perfect, a drag here and there a bit more when out drinking, as you can still buy cartos that will fit Blu and even in the PCC. I have a friend that when he stops by he will give me a few of dollars for whenever I order to buy him an extra bottle of liquid and some cartos. In my opinion, what ever gets you off the cancer sticks. I started out with Blu they got me completely off analogs, so they are a good product, In my case and others we simply outgrew them.

Vaping is like apparel; some people need larger clothing.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
You can get a much better mini that is the same size as a analog. The smokeless image volt, halo g6 and bloog are all great. They are much cheaper than blu (especially smokeless image), the cartos don't burn and the batteries last for three to four times longer. The 78mm battery from all 3 of these companies last for 3-4 hours and is the same length as the blu 100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

durgidog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
memphis, tn
www.thomasin.com
Let me start by saying that blu did get me off of analog cigs.

HOORAY! jump up and down! AMAZING!

That being said, the product is not very good and certainly not cost effective.

Well sure, but see above.

Blu cigs do suck, but they got me into vaping. I didn't know anything about them until I tried my neighbor's and then headed to Walgreen's. Three days later I had a volt. Now I have many mods.

My friend was intrigued with my blu pack so I gave it to him, now he's borrowing my volt with 510 adapter so he can use blu cartos - works for him so far. Started another friend on my volt and now he has my Indulgence V3.

Thank the universe for sh*** ecigs!

Pros: got me off analogs
Cons: EVERYTHING ELSE! I sent my starter kit back, to get my money back with the 30 day guarantee deal. Supposedly, it takes up to 12 business days for 'the system' to credit your visa or whatever card you use. So I have to wait up to, another 2 weeks after they already received my return.

Customer Service is a joke. They have an auto-email saying your email was received, and it will be 1-3 business days until a response is given. The BBB A- rating is a joke. I'll be sending a lengthy report to the BBB about the BS they are putting me through.

All of that being said, when I get my $90, more KR808 goodies are in my future. $90 goes hella far with good gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread