Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrene

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Twin Lakes, WI
I'm going to disagree with Blu being so bad. They are what they are. They began
my journey toward a smoke-free life, so I will never slam the money I spent on
my starter kit for Blu. Did it get me off analogs? No, but it had me cut down to a few
a day, huge leap after 35 yrs of smoking. The one that did if for me is my eGo, but
I still will puff on my Blu as I tend to leave them lying on end tables where I may locate.

So, as someone already said, if it began your journey to quit smoking, it was worth every
penny. :)

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
I've never tried Blu, but I saw them at Walgreens, and I'm curious... I've tried Mistic. The taste made me gag, so now I'm apprehensive towards trying any "gas station" or other cheapies. It's a hobby as well as a habit, so I like to try new setups, even if they are probably crap. I have an Ego-T which I love, and a 510-T with clearos on it. Also I am expecting my new Volt kit to come tomorrow... Still tempting to try the Blu disposable at least, and maybe the basic kit they offer. It comes with the variety pack of cartos.

BumbleBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
SouthEastern PA, USA
I have a Blu. I'm pretty happy with it actually. Battery life could use a boost, but between the weird charger "pack" and the usb charger, I don't have any trouble keeping a battery charged. Then again, I'm not a seriously hard vaper.

One thing I don't like about the blu is the flavors. The Cherry downright ROCKS!!! The Pina Colada isn't 1/2 bad. The rest .. ugh ... and to say I have had a problem or two with the refills I have bought at Walgreens would be an understatement. (Interestingly enough, the ones I ordered directly from Blu have been A-OK so far). But I understand taste differs from person to person.

I have enough spent cartridges now that I went and bought some liquid and I am refilling them on my own :)

My SO has hijacked one of my Blu batteries and 2 packs of Peach Schnapps, and I fear I may never see it again!!! I am considering passing it on, and getting a Volt, as members here say if I like the Blu, I will love the Volt.

But all in all, for the $50 walk out of the store with it price, I have to say I've been pretty happy with it overall. Room for improvement? Yes. Totally worthless? No. Maybe it depends on how MUCH vaping you intend to do? (cause really, if you're vaping all day every day, I really don't see the batteries or the carts holding up to that!!!)

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
I'm a chain vaper, and I just got my new Volt kit today. It freaking rocks. I still want to try a Blu, for a backup, and because I'm a gadget nerd and this has become a hobby as well as an alternative to analogs...and it is so convenient because I have a Walgreens 2 minutes away. However I can't spend $50 on (yet another!) kit. My Fiance will kill me lol

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
I'm a chain vaper, and I just got my new Volt kit today. It freaking rocks. I still want to try a Blu, for a backup, and because I'm a gadget nerd and this has become a hobby as well as an alternative to analogs...and it is so convenient because I have a Walgreens 2 minutes away. However I can't spend $50 on (yet another!) kit. My Fiance will kill me lol

The Blu carts will fit your eGo, no need to spend $50 to try the kit. They are pricey but all pre-filled carts are IMO.

I used their disposables when I decided to stop smoking and while waiting for my Volt and other supplies. It worked for me, but the disposables have 24mg juice while the carts have lower nic levels.

Vampirecat019

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kalispell, MT
www.facebook.com
Ahh... My love for pieces and parts and gadgets and gizmos...
I can't vape 24MG. I use between 3-12MG right now. I really like Elektro disposables, they taste just like Volt's RY4 for the most part. I was able to pick up a ton of them @$3 each last summer. I think I'll just stick with the Volt cartos for now. :)

Ibrahim Prophet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Between 47% & 99%
I bought my Blu Premium 100 Kit after seriously deciding to quit Newports. I puffed on the disposables while I waited for it to be delivered. Those taste alot better than the carts, I think.

The battery life was not good enough for me. I quickly purchased two eGo Twists. Now I have a Provari en route.

Blu worked for me as for putting down the analogs. The $100+ I spent on the kit and carts was worth the investment even though I moved on from Blu after only a few weeks. I still use my Blu cigs for stealth vapes here & there at work (I like the Vanilla carts). I'll keep my kit for now. The Vanilla carts are decent enough to keep in my desk drawer at work. [On a side note, throat hit is a 2 of 10 most of the time with Blu]

Ekove

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2012
Miami
I never tried Blu's, but I tried several mini e-cigs here and there that my friends had, never did it for me. Flavors were meh, throat hit/vapor were very little...and seeing how much my friends had to recharge just made the whole thing inconvenient.

Fast forwarding a couple of years later when I actually became a heavy smoker and realized I had to quit, I did a better job than my friends and did research...and got the tools that made me quit right away. Now my dad told me he was introduced to blus by a friend...and he wanted me to buy him one with a $100 worth of refills :ohmy: ...I insisted that he tries an ego instead, and he, of course, wanted the thing that looked like a cigarette.

So whatever makes him quit. I still got him a few other PV devices, a few clearos/attys/cartos for him to try, and 300ml of e-juice from several vendors. Funny part is, I got him more devices that last longer and have VV with enough 5 times as much juice than the blu's for pretty much the same price.

I get it the blus might be excellent, and whatever makes someone quit smoking...but the price point is ridiculous. Well, I'll give them a try with my dad, and we'll both be the judge of their worth. See, I get it, some people want the feel and the look of the cigarette, I wanted to before I started vaping, and for the first 2 days of vaping, then I couldnt care less....just not worth paying 2-4 times as much for something that has an advantage for 2 days with dozens of disadvantages.

dreamerjosh

Nov 6, 2012
Puerto Rico
I bought a Premium Pack yesterday... Hope to have a good experience...!

Blu Cigs were my training wheels as well. I enjoyed them until I realized how much I was spending on cartridges. I also wasn't satisfied with the throat hit I got from them. So, I did my research and moved on to a more advanced pv and have lived happily ever after since. My psuedo mom-in-law just started Blu and likes them a lot. She did have a hiccup with the case. She didn't realize it needed to be recharged. Heh.

As soon as she moves out here later this month I'll get her setup with a good Joye or Echo setup and fill her cartos for her.

Anyways.. I highly recommend Blu to anybody new to vaping. Its low maintenance and very convenient for those who are used to carrying a pack of smokes around with them every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread