EGO and EGO clone voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
I currently use the Volcano Inferno, an Ego clone with a J-tank and low res carto from VaporGalaxy. I am under the assumption that the standard ego and it's clones are 3.2 volts, but I am not sure. I need just a little bit stronger throat hit to make my transition back to vaping complete. I want to switch to the Provape-1 and continue using my J-tank and low res carto's. Am I on track here or do I need some schooling? Please throw any info my way that may help. I am really not intrested in variable voltage mods unless absolutely necessary.

thanks, Rob

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
+1 for the E-Power. Thats what I use and its awesome. Its a 3.7V that has a 510 connection. Everything is replaceable on the E-Power so it really keeps costs down. Plus it uses non-proprietary batteries which are great. E-Power batteries cost $4 compared to eGo/Riva batteries that cost $14-20.

Read this about the E-Power : http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ne-considering-buying-e-power-14650-read.html

This will give you some info on why you might like the E-Power.

Also if will tell you where to get it for a good deal, (Crystal Clear Vaping)

Youll get a FREE 5 pack of Ressurector cartomizers a FREE 30ml juice of your choice and FREE shipping.
Put in "ecf5off" and youll get 5% off your order.

I think this would be a great kit for your needs. The Ressurector cartos are AWESOME and produce insane amounts of vapor. They are 1.7ohm LR and hold 2ml of juice so they generally last all day.
I think they would be just what your looking for. Its affordable and is a great PV. You get 2 batteries in the kit and one battery for me lasts a day to a day and a half, so youll never really have to worry about batteries running out.

Goodluck!

Last edited:

Jcash

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Washington
I know you said you aren't intrested in vv pvs but I just metered my ego t 1000mah at 3.4v and my vv ego 900mah at its highest setting and it was at 3.8v. I picked up the ego vv at litecigusa for only 25$ it might be worth checking out before you spend a bunch of money on something that still doesn't give you the th you wanted.

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
2.0ohm is still considered LR, but the 1.5ohms will give you alittle more throat hit, warmer vape, etc. Liek you said though, they will drain your batteries faster and you have to be very careful bc you could actually ruin your battery with too low of a resistance. Thats why I always recommend to people a 3.7V like the E-Power or Riva bc they can handle the LR attys/cartos much better.

What juice are you using and what PG/VG ratio? PG will give you more throat hit, but VG produces more vapor. Most people use a ratio of the 2 like 80%PG/20%VG

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
That kGo was the other 3.7V I was gona recommend. The Riva, kGo, and E-Power are all great 3.7V PVs. The kGo and E-Power both have great battery life. When I first started, it was between the kGo and the E-Power. I went with the E-Power bc the batteries are alot cheaper to replace. E-Power batts cost $4 compared to kGo batts that are $17. The kGo is a great PV though

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
I want the ability to replace the battery and not have to throw the whole thing away.

Thats why I went with the E-Power. Its the only one that uses non-proprietary batteries. With the Riva and kGo, the battery, tube, and switch is all one piece. So the whole thing has to be replaced. If the switch goes, your forced to get a new battery also bc they arnt sepererate. With the E-Power, its all seperate. Instead of one piece, theres 3. The battery, tube, and switch can all be purchased seperately. So if your battery goes, you just replace that. If you need a new switch, you buy just a new switch and keep using your existing battery and tube. Thats why I said its very cost effective

mynameisrob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
PH-Illadelph-IA, PA
Well if your looking for more throat hit then I would get juices with higher PG. Pg is thin and VG is thick. I use 80PG/20VG and I find it gives the perfect amount of throat hit for me with a Ressurector on my E-Power.

Also, what mg of nicotine are you using? Upping the nic level will give you some more throat hit too

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
The VV egos now being sold at several places could take care of you, but if you prefer cheap to replace batteries, time for a mod.

For about the same $ as a provape 1 (within $10), you could get a notcigs Infinity Pro variable voltage. It runs 3.5 - 5.5V, easy thumbwheel on-the-fly voltage adjust, solid battery life, rugged. I use the original Infinity, and a new Buzz Pro, very happy with them. No need to mess with LR any longer, though they can handle LR -- easier to just get standard resistance and up the voltage a little (these are stacked battery mods, so using the 4.5 - 5.5 V range doesn't excessively drain the batteries). The notcigs coupon code is "ECF Buzzkill".

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I would like an ecig or mod made here in the US or maybe Canada. guess that seems silly, but I would like to support my fellow vapors and not some big factory that really doesn't care.

Not silly at all. I love the idea that so many people have been able to start little businesses by making juice or selling pvs. They might just be a re-seller, but it's still great. You have couple good suppliers in Texas.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
I use a notcigs m1a1 tank, and ikenvape cartos, good combination.

There are multiple good eliquid vendors who mix in the US, though flavorings and nic base may be foreign source. Backwoods brew had some popular tobaccos and other flavors, kickbass vapor is a good shop, tasty vapor and freedomsmokeusa have loyal fans.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Robcope - there are some great US people in Buying & Selling / Modders & Accessories selling all kinds of plastic mod boxes they made themselves including 3.7v, VV, VV w/ evercool which I would recommend if you get VV, bottom feeders. There are also a couple of wood mod makers but you gotta be real clued in and fast to get one of those. Sometimes you can get one in Classifieds.

Re the original topic - Ego is switching regulated between 3.2 and 3.6v for an average of 3.4v and holds it pretty evenly. Switched voltage can only be viewed on something like an oscilloscope. Many Ego clones are the same. I know the latest Eastmall-made Riva 510 models and the Eastmall-made Riva 510 SE are 3.7v. Not all Rivas are made by Eastmall and not all shops with Eastmall ones have new stock, but all Riva 510 kits and the single Riva 510 SE batteries at Liberty-Flights.com are 3.7v because they sell a lot of them and have new stock. They come off the charger higher and plateau at 3.7v and then drop off at the end of charge possibly to 3.25.

An interesting thread. I think somewhere around page 40+ the 3.7v Rivas start showing up. And somewhere in the thread is an oscilloscope showing Ego voltage since voltmeter readings on Ego are not reliable.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/65055-battery-voltages-surprise.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread