Ego Booster problem - broken plastic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColKurtz

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC USA
I've had an Ego Booster for about 6 months. Use it every day and love it. Can definitely say it more than anything is what helped me quit cigs. I love ego type B tank attys, but they suck at standard voltage, and most VV mods are more expensive and/or don't fit the Type B attys well.

The one issue I have had with it is the housing got loose shortly after I got it. The upper housing with atty threads was separating from the base, exposing the wires. I thought about checking if it was warrantable but assumed it was somewhat inevitable, being wedged in between a long battery (especially 1000mah) and long atty. You can be as careful as you want, but the first time accidentally you sit on it, or twist the atty off without securing the booster, it's probably going to come loose. I figured I'd just epoxy it when it got too bad. It still works fine and... even if it was warrantable I'd have to live without it for a few days :cry: .

It got to that point a couple of days ago. I pulled it out a bit to apply some epoxy and noticed there was actually some broken, white plastic inside. I'm not sure if this was the cause of it coming loose, or if it happened after. It still works fine -- I'm just wondering if this is something to be concerned about, before I glue everything back together. Is this something I could send in under warranty, or just glue it?

Thanks for any advice.

brokebooster.jpg

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Hey ColKurtz! Sorry to hear you're having some trouble with your Booster!

(And don't sit on it again! :oops:)

The good folks at Artisan do handle all their own warranties and returns, and there is a 12 month warranty on them, but it's covers the electronics and mechanical parts against manufacturing defects. :unsure:

I'd suggest getting in touch with Sheila at Artisan and sending her the pics that you've posted here and hopefully, she'll be able to give you a hand with some suggestions on how to best repair your 'busted Booster'!

You can reach her at sheila@artisanvaping.com...good luck, we're all rooting for you!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread