Ego tank...need airflow mod or help picking something else

Status
Not open for further replies.

cofgrindr8

Apr 21, 2010
Madison, WI
I just bought an ego tank and am a little disappointed. First let me say i know nothing about mods or atomizers or anything technical about all that stuff. The only e cigs i've had was some cheap starter model that claimed to be a 510 but was terrible. I then found the kr808 which i used V4L carts on and its decent. I bought the ego tank because i like the idea of not having to keep buying carts which are gonna get clogged after so many refills and better battery life as well. Charging every 2 hours sucks.

So in general i'm looking for something that is at least as good as the kr808 with a brand new cart and a fresh battery.
The ego tank seems fine as far as vapor production but i can't seem to fill my mouth with vapor before the battery does the auto shut off thingy. I've tried removing the inner tip of the cartridge thingy and it helped a little but it's still not great. It seems like im trying to suck a thick milkshake through a straw and it seems like everything would be good if only the airflow were better. I've also tried a LR atty and it helps a little but not much.

So my questions are....is there an airflow mod that's tried and tested...i don't wanna file away at my hardware while i can still exchange it for a different model.
Is there a better 3.7 volt unit that i should go with instead of the tank, like the original Ego or something better. If so i know nothing about atty's so pros and cons would be helpful.
Another option i've heard about would be using a different um "thingy" like the Clearomizers or something which i know nothing about but that seems to defeat the purpose of shelling out the extra money for the newer version.
And OH YEAH....the TYPE B??? Does this address the airflow issue?

I'm going to be buying a high volt device like the Xhaler unless you know another better high volt for the price....to keep me off cigs altogether if possible. But i still need an all day vaping device at least equal to or better than the kr808 without it's cons.

Also the flavor does seem to be a bit lacking at times so any feedback there would help as well. My main issue with the tank is the airflow problem preventing any sort of throat hit. Thank you.

I don't know if it makes a difference but im using the clear cartridge thingies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
cofgrindr8:I just bought an ego tank and am a little disappointed.

So in general i'm looking for something that is at least as good as the kr808 with a brand new cart and a fresh battery.
The ego tank seems fine as far as vapor production but i can't seem to fill my mouth with vapor before the battery does the auto shut off thingy.

You may have an eGo clone/knock off becaues the eGo batteries or the Rivas don't have a short shut off. If you have an eGo then I'd return it. That shouldn't happen.

I've tried removing the inner tip of the cartridge thingy and it helped a little but it's still not great. It seems like im trying to suck a thick milkshake through a straw and it seems like everything would be good if only the airflow were better. I've also tried a LR atty and it helps a little but not much.

So my questions are....is there an airflow mod that's tried and tested...i don't wanna file away at my hardware while i can still exchange it for a different model.

There's a possibility that you may have pushed the wicking down the spike in the atty - when placing the tank in - to where there's a blockage through the coil area. The air channels along the tank are pretty straight forward, although I see one person did a mod on them. I never thought it a problem. So it's likely elsewhere - again, if you have a batt clone - it might not give you the space needed for airflow - try unscrewing the battery to where you still have a connection and see if the airflow gets better.

Is there a better 3.7 volt unit that i should go with instead of the tank, like the original Ego or something better.

When you say 'like the original Ego' I'm guessing then that you don't have one... The Special Edition Riva has better voltage - you might try that but the problem seems to be in the atomizer. There are ways to take it apart without much problem and before you get something else you may as well try it. See this post and the link in it:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-e-juice-recommendations-2.html#post2952641

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread