Eleaf Istick

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Heck, I could have even been ok if like the MVP2 it had that option available to those who want to utilize it. Just I don't see the need to design a mod around a backup phone charger like it seems innokin did. And for the record I do own a MVP2, have for quite a while and not one time have I ever used it charge another device. But I have such a peace of mind knowing that feature is ready and available should I need it. :vapor:

At least the built-in USB cord isn't really built in, and you you can remove it. But then you have a hunk missing from the bottom of the mod itself.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
At least the built-in USB cord isn't really built in, and you you can remove it. But then you have a hunk missing from the bottom of the mod itself.

didnt know it was removable, r u sure as ive not seen one removed as of yet, but ur right its gonna look weird with that empty channel/groove where the cord was

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Okay, I just placed my orders for a second iStick 30W from Evape.US -- all they had was blue. Even though I love the blue, I was going to go for black this time, since I already had a 30W in blue. Oh well.

And I placed my pre-order for the black iStick 50W from VapeNW. Hopefully they ordered enough to fill all pre-orders. The price is back up to $49.99, however -- missed the $44 window, but had to wait until the tax refund showed up. VapeNW should know how to order the iSticks by this point, so I'm not too worried that I'll have to wait beyond the Chinese New Year for the second round. Hopefully I won't be disappointed if it doesn't ship to me next week.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Heck, I could have even been ok if like the MVP2 it had that option available to those who want to utilize it. Just I don't see the need to design a mod around a backup phone charger like it seems Innokin did. And for the record I do own a MVP2, have for quite a while and not one time have I ever used it charge another device. But I have such a peace of mind knowing that feature is ready and available should I need it. :vapor:

I bought the original MVP JUST for the phone charging capability.

I used it twice, once.... ok, never. :facepalm:

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've one 20w from october, it is still working but the 510 is in bad conditions. In 30w device is better the pin connection and it is stainless steel? I prefer to spend a little more money for a better and long laster product instead of a cheaper one that long for a season, 30w is affordable?

Thanks from Italy

Yes, the iStick 30W includes new, stainless steel 510 threads and a spring-loaded 510 pin. About the same price as the original 20W, but a more accurate circuit board and improvements all the way around. If you enjoyed using the 20W, the 30W will keep you happier :)

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
Another 50W review from Vapor Trail

And GrimmGreen was very positive about the iStick 50W in his last/latest vlog First Impressions segment; full review forthcoming.

Tony has become my favorite reviewer. The videos are always interesting, to the point, and just the right length / amount of info.

yooperdad

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2014
Marquette, MI
www.eyeflies.com
I bought this 20 watt for my daughter as a Christmas gift. She sent this picture this morning, showing what her Stick looked like when she removed it from her purse. :( Anyone have a good vendor suggestion for buying a 30 watt? Thanks.

istick 20.jpg

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2015
Illinois
Are the Isticks, lets say "less safe" than mech-mods, once they have no vent holes? I hear the battery is Li-ion, and people say IMR are safer...
thanks, I'm waiting for mine anyway...:toast:
I'm not sure it matters since the device is regulated and thermally protected. My 20 watt trips protection on a 1.0 ohm coil if I run it over 18 watts. Gonna need something bigger [emoji4]

Javamon

Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY

shack22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2011
Halifax,Canada
I bought this 20 watt for my daughter as a Christmas gift. She sent this picture this morning, showing what her Stick looked like when she removed it from her purse. :( Anyone have a good vendor suggestion for buying a 30 watt? Thanks.

View attachment 410228

I'm hungover this morning and can't quite figure that pic out :confused: What exactly happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread