Firing Pin too short?

Status
Not open for further replies.

briandress

ECF Veteran
Hey guys. So I have this mod. Its a paragonv3.

I have been having some problems with the firing button. At first I thought it was the spring...so i made a new spring from the copper inside a coax cable and it works great!

Now to solve the other issue i have. The Paragon has a recessed firing button which feels really nice except that the firing pin is too short. When the firing pin is screwed all the way into the button it does not reach the bottom of the battery to fire. The battery rests on this black ring inside the tube and the button pushes the pin up past the ring and makes connection...but it is just too short to make contact when properly screwed into the button.

This leaves me having to back the button out every so often through out the day to make sure that the button is the right length to make proper connection.

Anyone have any advice as to how I can solve this issue?

briandress

ECF Veteran
The spring spirals and works great to be honest. It is a very very neat spring. I know the issue is with the length of the pin because I tested it with no spring. Screwed all the way in...makes no contact past that ring the battery sits on..back it out until the button is just the tiniest bit sticking out of the recessed area and it fires perfectly. im just working here to make it work the way its supposed to

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
The spring spirals and works great to be honest. It is a very very neat spring. I know the issue is with the length of the pin because I tested it with no spring. Screwed all the way in...makes no contact past that ring the battery sits on..back it out until the button is just the tiniest bit sticking out of the recessed area and it fires perfectly. im just working here to make it work the way its supposed to

Did you take it off and look at it to see if the pin pushes upward past the top?

The other thing I was wondering is if you have any battery rattle; it could be that you are both contacting the bottom of the battery and pushing the battery upward to meet the top.

Reactions: KentA

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
There are two screws in the topcap.
The big one is to adjust for your 510 connector.
The small one is to adjust for battery rattle.
1776301-3.jpg

briandress

ECF Veteran
Yeah I have a paragon v3, and i have adjusted the floating 510 to contact perfectly with the atomizer (derringer) and i let the battery drop in flush and make sure that the top cap is on tight, adjusting the bottom pin from the top cap to make contact with the positive pole of the battery with no rattle.

The battery rest on a ring on the inside of the tube. It is a black plastic type of material. When the button is pressed it forces the negative pin up past the plastic ring to make connection with the negative pole of the battery.

The issue is that when the button is screwed together tight the pin does not make it past the threshold of the plastic ring to connect with the negative terminal of the battery.

I have searched everywhere for a replacement button. As it stand right now I have to back the button out of the screw that way when the button is pressed it is able to push past the plastic ring and make connection

briandress

ECF Veteran
You could fabricate a little kanthal spacer and drop it into the screw hole, tall enough that the firing pin will bottom out and sit slightly taller, but short enough that it still sits below the delrin spacer.

that will not make the button reach the battery past the derlin spacer. The button will still not be able to be screwed into the bottom portion of the button all the way. it will still be too short

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
that will not make the button reach the battery past the derlin spacer. The button will still not be able to be screwed into the bottom portion of the button all the way. it will still be too short

I don't think you understood what he said;
you put something down in the hole so that the screw does not screw all the way in; I'd use some foil.

So instead of backing out the screw and having it loose, you put some foil down in there so that you can tighten it even though it's not screwed all the way in.

Reactions: bwh79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread