Status
Not open for further replies.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Just mixed my first serious DIY attempt, and all I can say is OMG! Why didn't I do this before now?!?!

I know I'm going to make some juices that aren't going to be as good as I suspect, but this (lucky) first adventure has blown anything else I've bought out of the water.

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested. the starting nic is a bit odd, because when I transferred the nic into glass bottles, it wasn't totally mixed. so when I tested the bottle I am working with, it came to 70.5mg/ml. It'll give you an idea, though:

Source: 70.5mg 100% VG
Target: 18mg/ml 50/50
Target amount: 3ml (to test)

Base liquid: 0.77 ml (25%, 0.95g)
Proplylene glycol: 1.14 ml (38.6%, 1.2g)
Vegetable glycerine: 0.73 ml (23.9%, 0.9g)
Strawberry (TFA): 0.21 ml (7%, 0.22g)
Simply Vanilla (CAP) 0.15 ml (5%, 0.16g)

Woohoo! - will be making 30ml VERY soon :D

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Congratz!!
I liked my first mix, too... In fact, my every-day all-day flavor is a "tweaked" variation of that first attempt.
Your "straw-nilla" sounds like a good one to start with - just a couple flavors.

In case someone wants to copy you - was it "Ripe Strawberry" or just plain strawberry?

And did you steep it? I found that Vanilla (along with tobacco) often really needed steeping, or you might get a "chemical, perfume, alcohol" kind of taste/smell to it. Never used that Cap Simply Vanilla though.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
Congratz!!
I liked my first mix, too... In fact, my every-day all-day flavor is a "tweaked" variation of that first attempt.
Your "straw-nilla" sounds like a good one to start with - just a couple flavors.

In case someone wants to copy you - was it "Ripe Strawberry" or just plain strawberry?

And did you steep it? I found that Vanilla (along with tobacco) often really needed steeping, or you might get a "chemical, perfume, alcohol" kind of taste/smell to it. Never used that Cap Simply Vanilla though.

It was just Strawberry, and not steeped. I'm going to try to stay away from it for a couple of weeks to see if steeping helps any, but may have to make some more so that I can vape the fresh stuff while it's maturing.

Mrdaputer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
MN
Just mixed my first serious DIY attempt, and all I can say is OMG! Why didn't I do this before now?!?!

I know I'm going to make some juices that aren't going to be as good as I suspect, but this (lucky) first adventure has blown anything else I've bought out of the water.

Here's the recipe if anyone's interested. the starting nic is a bit odd, because when I transferred the nic into glass bottles, it wasn't totally mixed. so when I tested the bottle I am working with, it came to 70.5mg/ml. It'll give you an idea, though:

Source: 70.5mg 100% VG
Target: 18mg/ml 50/50
Target amount: 3ml (to test)

Base liquid: 0.77 ml (25%, 0.95g)
Proplylene glycol: 1.14 ml (38.6%, 1.2g)
Vegetable glycerine: 0.73 ml (23.9%, 0.9g)
Strawberry (TFA): 0.21 ml (7%, 0.22g)
Simply Vanilla (CAP) 0.15 ml (5%, 0.16g)

Woohoo! - will be making 30ml VERY soon :D

Great news on your DIY feels real good and nicely done :vapor: I take it you have been reading a lot because you started out with a test batch :toast:. I am sure you know but hey a good tip never gets old Make sure you write everything down so you can enjoy it more than once lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread