One month with the eGo Booster

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOWN

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
BC
I was lucky enough to be picked to test the eGo Booster. I currently own two, one lives on my 650 mah genuine eGo battery and the other lives on my GLV super mini. I only use 510 LR attys so this review is based on one month of heavy vaping 5ml's a day using 510 LR's.

I haven't been able to locate my multi meter at home so It must be with my work tools. I do building maintenance at a campground and it's been pretty busy with the good weather. I'll report back with the volt readings. Sadly I don't have an under load test setup for the eGo system yet.

This is my first experience with a 4.7V device so I'd imagine it vapes like a 4.7V device which is amazing :) I haven't really turned it down below full blast as I'm enjoying the stronger hit and vapor production. The reason I chose LR 510's in the first place was for a stronger hit and less sucking lol. vaping at 4.7V is more like dragging a real cigarette to me. The few times I played with the dial while listening to the atty sizzle was just for kicks. I could hear the atty sizzling get louder as the the dial was turned up so I knew it was working.

Now as for the function and quality of the device. It fits snug at the battery connection and fits flush with the top of the battery. The atomizer connection is solid as well. It's a sealed unit so juice wont get into the circuits which is good, but this would also prevent the use of automatic batteries. Do they even make auto eGo batteries??? The dial moves smoothly clockwise and counter clockwise about one complete revolution. There are no clicks or markings to indicate what voltage you are at.

The battery life hasn't noticeably decreased like I expected. I still get 4-5 hours out of my almost year old eGo battery using this device. The LR attys seam to withstand the extra power no problem.

At first I used the booster in the evenings or while driving when I craved that extra hit. Now it lives on my one remaining 650 eGo battery and my GLV supermini is also sporting the device full time!

Just one note about using this device on a battery mod like the GLV. I had to upgrade to a AW IMR 16340 HIGH DRAIN.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with your Omega (probably with that 510-to-510 extension adapter, which teabagger mentioned). The critical thing for the Ego Booster on mods is very high mAh (e.g., 18650) and/or IMR batteries. It works fine on both my 18650 NoEgo and ProVape-1 (using an IMR 14500).

Be aware that it will result in a long, strange looking PV, e.g., on my NoEgo:

EgoBoosteronNoEgo.jpg

Not quite the nicely integrated look as on the eGo (for which it is intended):

assembledeGo-Booster.jpg

fsroq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Spain
I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with your Omega (probably with that 510-to-510 extension adapter, which teabagger mentioned). The critical thing for the Ego Booster on mods is very high mAh (e.g., 18650) and/or IMR batteries. It works fine on both my 18650 NoEgo and ProVape-1 (using an IMR 14500).

Be aware that it will result in a long, strange looking PV, e.g., on my NoEgo:

EgoBoosteronNoEgo.jpg

Not quite the nicely integrated look as on the eGo (for which it is intended):

assembledeGo-Booster.jpg

Haha, I was just having in mind to get one of these, and then get a 18650 NoEgo. But man that looks weird.

teabagger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2010
newmarket
I will say when i was talking with "reliable source" recently, he said "this is the first of many cool products the artisan guys are releasing"... so it only makes sense that they might have a more universal booster in the works, and it might be a good idea to hold off for a bit unless you want this for ego compatibility.... I could be completely, but it does warrant some further investigation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread